Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What Figure Should Bonegansher Re-paint?
Mimring 1 6.25%
Charos 3 18.75%
Brunak 4 25.00%
Feral Troll 0 0%
Ogre Pulveriser 1 6.25%
Tor-Kul-Na 1 6.25%
Raelin 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Gathering - Albany NY - 8/24/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post
OrcElfArmyOne Thanks I fixed my printer so I could bring Dry season. if no ones opposed I'm fine with 5 rounds and I don't care if there's glyphs.

Alex> Who is thinking of an army still and will love for someones idea's.
Well, I've come up with almost 50 armies... The hard part is choosing which one!
Wow, now that's some serious dedication! And I thought my 8 potential army ideas were a lot! I'm really on the fence too, I just can't decide what I want to bring.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm trying hard not to think about armies; it'll just make me more unhappy if I can't come. But armies for other people... count me in.

What units do you enjoy playing most Alex? I think that's always the most important first question for building an army that you're going to play five times on the trot.

My money is on the Varks to cause a stir at a tournament soon, and they're beautiful figures as well as being fun to play. At 510pts,

Vark squads x4: 410
Arktos: 95
Total 505pts, 15 hexes.

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright folks, we're going to have five rounds, and we're going to use glyphs.

Random Glyph pool is this:
Move +2
Wannok (Wound)
D20+1
Initiative +8
Unique Attack +1
Common Attack +1

Maps that have particular glyphs already assigned will just use those.

...this is nothing like what Ollie suggested...why would you think that?

And we'll probably need everyone to help contribute to the glyph pool.

@Dankarabinhatesyou: I speak with actions.
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

Move +2
Wannok (Wound)
D20+1
Initiative +8
Unique Attack +1
Common Attack +1
Thanks for getting this information out there Joseph! I think you decided on a balanced pool of glyphs to choose from. Now I'm going to pester you for even more details.

After glyphs have been randomly determined for a map, will they be placed symbol-side up (unknown) or power-side up (know which glyph is which)? Personally, I much prefer the latter so that players don't waste valuable turns chasing after a glyph only to discover it's useless for their particular army. I'd like to know your feelings on the subject.
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd recommend assigning glyphs to each map and placing them face up from the start.

On my phone for the rest of the day, will post more details later on my thoughts.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

@ everyone those glyphs are nice, should I bring any to go with my board?

@Ollie I like krav, MagorQ9 I like all Heroscape the list is endless. I got to continue thinking.

This is a calf The best heroscape player ever in the world

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49181
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

Move +2
Wannok (Wound)
D20+1
Initiative +8
Unique Attack +1
Common Attack +1
Thanks for getting this information out there Joseph! I think you decided on a balanced pool of glyphs to choose from. Now I'm going to pester you for even more details.

After glyphs have been randomly determined for a map, will they be placed symbol-side up (unknown) or power-side up (know which glyph is which)? Personally, I much prefer the latter so that players don't waste valuable turns chasing after a glyph only to discover it's useless for their particular army. I'd like to know your feelings on the subject.
Hey, no bother at all, it's good that we work out the details.

Power-side up makes sense, so as long as there are no objections, that's what we'll do.

Change of plans though, after talking to Kinseth, I'm going to assign specific glyphs to specific maps, just because getting enough glyphs to have a random glyph pool for every map will be quite a pain.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post
]
@Ollie I like krav, MagorQ9 I like all Heroscape the list is endless. I got to continue thinking.
Q9, Nakitas, Krav Maga, Laglor (510pts, 9 hexes)? Thematic. Strong, but hard to play well given the lack of a screen and multiple uniques.
Old August 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Is a Quadradical

Grrr. I've started thinking about armes.

I've never used Valkrill units in a tournament before, and Morgoloth is in the mail. So:

Morgoloth: 140
Wolves of Badru x3: 240
Mezzodemons x2: 130
510 points, 14 hexes.

Not sure just two squads of Mezzos is the best way to play them though.

Samurai maybe? They're a lovely fit at 510pts.

Kaemon Awa: 120
Tomoe Gozen: 110
Tagawa Samurai: 120
Kozuke Samurai: 100
Izumi Samurai: 60
Total: 510pts, 11 hexes.

Or, because I'm a sucker for the D20,

Kee-Mo-Shi: 130
Myrddin: 90
Kelda: 80
Aubriens x3: 210
Total: 510pts, 12 hexes.

Hmm, I liked it better before I realised that Myrddin couldn't boost Braxas's roll. (Edit. I know he doesn't boost Aubriens either, but I feel a bit more secure with some ranged commons around. Given that Myrddin is Valiant (or, I suppose, even if he weren't) the 4th Mass are probably a better choice. Or Q10 and Deadeye Dan for another D20 hero and a good healing target for Kelda.)

Last edited by ollie; August 10th, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM

Dankarabinhatesyou is surprisingly tart

So what are we going to do on the off chance that we have an odd number of players?
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM

Dankarabinhatesyou is surprisingly tart

Ollie, do you have Tomoe Gozen? If so, where'd you get it. Pretty awesome custom. Second best I've ever seem, after the Omegacron or whatever it was called.
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankarabinhatesyou View Post
So what are we going to do on the off chance that we have an odd number of players?
Send you home.

In the past, the staff there has been nice enough to come and play if we were short a player, so we should be set.

~JS

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events