Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Doctor Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
No, that's the Secret Defenders Doctor Strange. Totally different thing.
This I knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Personally, since I'm not huge on spells I prefer more light touches to big factional pieces. So I do think a Strange is cool for the Avengers Starter set, but don't want it too tied to spells.
Is that this Strange, though? OG Strange had nothing to do with the Avengers faction. We'd just be putting the tag on him here.

This begs my question: should we be doing Avengers Strange instead?

Quote:
I do agree some future solo Strange would be more ideal for a Spell hook. But could also see a Dr Strange Story card that could tie in some cool spell casting power
To me this is good reason to hold off OG Strange for a future release to let him be that spell slinging solo version and make the Avengers-specific Strange from 1.0 the choice for this set.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

To clarify, even if we adapt this Strange 3 years from now, I personally don’t want him turned into the “spells” Strange. I think it’s obvious that I enjoy spells, but Strange deserves a dope standalone take like Doctor Fate now has. (Champion Fate is obviously a JL piece but is totally playable in lots of situations.)
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we want to go no faction tag here I'd be okay with that. Cap/IM/BW/Hawkeye can all recruit him into builds still.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:11 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK. If it's not desirable to see this turn into the "spell" casting Strange, then I'm fine with his fit in the Starter Set.

I'm not into him being here if we want him to be a spell-focused version.

What does a "dope standalone take" look like for Doctor Strange?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Whatever you want it to cause comic book wizard types just have whatever power the writer wants them to have.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:17 PM

PLOT ARMOR
If Doctor Strange would receive enough wounds to be defeated, you may remove 1 Story Card on your team from the game to ignore those wounds.

A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Master Martial Artist for that one time he beat Dormammu in a martial arts contest.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just to clarify, our intent with the Starter Deck Avenger faction cards was to have a mixture of hard Avenger factional synergy designs and general use cards that could be drafted into other armies and play well. This Dr. Strange card was selected to be one of the non-factional heavy synergy ones. Thor & Wasp are two others that have Avengers synergy heavy cards we passed on in favor of more general use cards.
I think you are confusing "cards that have powers calling out the faction" with cards with the faction tags.

Quote:
If we want to go no faction tag here I'd be okay with that. Cap/IM/BW/Hawkeye can all recruit him into builds still.
If the opinion is that this Strange doesn't get the Avengers's tag then we need to pick a different one. However my rebuttal would be...why can't a figure have both an Avengers Faction tag...and be viable as a stand alone figure outside of the faction.

One of the reasons I wanted more unique Classes on JL figures were so the "common" JL faction figure could play outside JL builds. If a figure has an Avengers team tag and no powers that work with Avengers team tag on it's card...then it can play in other general armies or armies that key on Class, personality, species, soft synergy with mechanics, Keywords, Symbol, color of their eyes...whatever.

Having the Avengers Faction tag does not mean the figure can only play in the Avengers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
PLOT ARMOR
If Doctor Strange would receive enough wounds to be defeated, you may remove 1 Story Card on your team from the game to ignore those wounds.
that sounds like a cool story card. :P

Also I was very serious on a Story Card for Strange that pulls in all the spell casting shenanigans you want. He's got too much going on to try to squeeze spells onto his card.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No, I'm not.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
PLOT ARMOR
that sounds like a cool story card. :P

Also I was very serious on a Story Card for Strange that pulls in all the spell casting shenanigans you want. He's got too much going on to try to squeeze spells onto his card.
Arguably this Strange doesn't have much going on at all if we largely view his first and second ability as unfun and want to go in a different direction.

Old February 3rd, 2023, 04:29 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
No, I'm not.
Then I misunderstood you Wasp comment then. As yes Wasp 2 directly calls out Avengers markers (aka faction in 2.0) and Wasp 1 does not. However, Wasp 1 does have the avengers tag though she can also play as an Adventurer without any issues.

So naturally I thought you were equating a Strange with no Faction to general use Wasp with the Faction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database