Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 7th, 2008, 08:39 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 10/3 with Teen Tita

Glad you enjoyed the feedback. I'll take a look over a couple more now.

ROBIN
- Ok Team Player is very awkwardly worded, and Order Marker should be capitalized. Try this for wording: "Once per round, before revealing one of your Order Markers, you may move it to this Army Card. If the Order Marker is on this Army Card, you may move it to any other Army Card you control."
- 90 seems about right. Team Player can be a key ability when something goes wrong and its pretty powerful, but 4 life and only 4 defense, he'll be torn up by other supers.

SCARECROW
- Low attack and defense makes him a weak target. I'd definately drop his points 10-30. A 15+ is not all that common and even though he can attack afterwards a 2 is not significantly intimidating.

STARFIRE
- I would add "After using this attack, place 2 Wound Markers on Starfire."
- Points, definately higher than 125. Starfire destroys squads. Even if she can hurt her own teammates and herself, Starfire can affect more than 20 other figures with 5 attack dice. Normally it won't be that high, but attack three or four figures with 5 attack dice is still a big deal.

Old October 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Glad you enjoyed the feedback. I'll take a look over a couple more now.

ROBIN
- Ok Team Player is very awkwardly worded, and Order Marker should be capitalized. Try this for wording: "Once per round, before revealing one of your Order Markers, you may move it to this Army Card. If the Order Marker is on this Army Card, you may move it to any other Army Card you control."
- 90 seems about right. Team Player can be a key ability when something goes wrong and its pretty powerful, but 4 life and only 4 defense, he'll be torn up by other supers.
Good call on the wording of Team Player. However, I think that according to Heroscape style rules "order marker" is only capitalized when referring to a specific named order marker, like "Order Marker 1." Otherwise, it's lowercase, like on Marcu's card.

EDIT: Apparently Heroscape and Marvelscape use different style rules. Heroscape doesn't always capitalize terms like "order marker" and "wound marker," but Marvelscape does. Curse the inconsistency! I guess I'll stick with the Marvelscape style rules for my DCscape customs.

Quote:
SCARECROW
- Low attack and defense makes him a weak target. I'd definately drop his points 10-30. A 15+ is not all that common and even though he can attack afterwards a 2 is not significantly intimidating.
Heh, you keep addressing things I've already been thinking of. I haven't playtested Scarecrow yet, but I dropped his price to 60 points when I went through all my cards and made 2nd draft changes to them.

Quote:
STARFIRE
- I would add "After using this attack, place 2 Wound Markers on Starfire."
- Points, definately higher than 125. Starfire destroys squads. Even if she can hurt her own teammates and herself, Starfire can affect more than 20 other figures with 5 attack dice. Normally it won't be that high, but attack three or four figures with 5 attack dice is still a big deal.
Well, my current version of Starfire has Starburst Special Attack costing her three wounds, as I didn't want a player to be able to potentially use it twice without sacrificing her. I've only playtested her once, and she seemed fairly costed when I only used Starburst as it was meant to be used, as a last ditch attack. Next time I'll see what kind of damage she can inflict as a flying Deathwalker 7000 and maybe I'll raise her cost if it seems too sick.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 9th, 2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some quick replies to your replies.

ROBIN (Dick) - Acrobat should not work against Special Abilities, that would be way too much for Robin. I was just suggesting that he seems priced high because he is so vulnerable to specials.

SCARECROW - Good call on the points. Maybe you don't need my comments.

STARFIRE - Three wounds is defiantely better, she can only use it once then. Actually I think it needs to be stated when you place the wound on her whether she can use the ability with only 2 life remaining. I would change the last line to, "Before attacking with Starburst Special Attack, place 3 Wound Markers on Starfire." Then I can see her costing in the 130 range.

------------------------------

Now new cards:

SUPERMAN
- Inspiring needs to be defined when you have to reveal Order Marker 1, unless you just mean after its revealed at any point in time.
- Inspiring is a little confusing as worded, maybe this: "If Order Marker 1 is revealed on this Army Card, all figures you control with clear sight to Superman may add 3 to their move or 1 to their normal attack. Inspiring does not affect Superman."
- Heat Vision, you should add the line that you have at the end of Bizarro's Heat Vision.
- 380 might be high. It's hard to tell with figures that expensive, but its seems like a drop of 20 wouldn't be bad.

ZOOM
- Rogue, I'd use Speedster just for potential bonuses or abilities on other cards, but that's a personal choice.
- Misguided is ok, but I thought Zoom had pure hatred for the Flash. That's a little more than misguided to me. But perhaps I am misguided in my knowledge about Zoom.
- From experience I know Hit and Run with a Double Attack of 3 is very powerful. Points I could see bumping up a couple 10s with testing.

BIZARRO
- Misguided works here.
- Confused Soul looks good, wording-wise it should be a copy of Marcu if it's not already. (I haven't memorized his yet. )
- Points look good. Maybe a couple more, but looks fine at 335.

BLACKFIRE
- She can fly too.
- I don't think there is any way that Blackfire costs 15 points more than Starfire. Blackfire can attack twice, but Starfire can hit multiple figures with a 5, even though its only once. Especially if Blackfire doesn't have flying she has much worse movement and her only advantage is plus one defense. I could see them at equal price or maybe 5 higher.

NYPD DETECTIVES
- The only suggestion is change Officer to Lawman for both bonding and class.

Old October 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
SUPERMAN
- Inspiring is a little confusing as worded, maybe this: "If Order Marker 1 is revealed on this Army Card, all figures you control with clear sight to Superman may add 3 to their move or 1 to their normal attack. Inspiring does not affect Superman."
I think you're right; adding to movement or attack only affects figures taking a turn that round anyway, so the "taking a turn" wording is unnecessary.

Quote:
BLACKFIRE
- She can fly too.
- I don't think there is any way that Blackfire costs 15 points more than Starfire. Blackfire can attack twice, but Starfire can hit multiple figures with a 5, even though its only once. Especially if Blackfire doesn't have flying she has much worse movement and her only advantage is plus one defense. I could see them at equal price or maybe 5 higher.
Actually, according to Wikipedia Blackfire is unable to fly due to a rare childhood illness, one of the reasons she's jealous of her sister. You may be thinking of the Teen Titans Go version of her, which apparently does not have this handicap.

As for your cost issue, I think I've recently addressed it by raising Starfire's cost to 150 points, thus killing two of your birds with one stone.

I'll try playtesting them a bit to see what happens.

Quote:
NYPD DETECTIVES
- The only suggestion is change Officer to Lawman for both bonding and class.
Good call. I've changed all my Officers to Lawmen. Less gender-neutral, but more compatible (and synergistic) with classic Heroscape.

And now for a couple more customs, my own attempt at a popular figure around these parts:

Strangely enough, I couldn't find a version of his archenemy on these boards, so maybe mine is the first (I doubt it; my search-fu is weak):

Last edited by Sherman Davies; June 5th, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM

songbird Woo who?
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated with Green Lantern

Just curious, where did you get the blank cards for the DC characters? I want to try my hand at making a Batman custom.

Carl
Quest Machine - makers of Heroes Incorporated!
http://questmachine.com
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Just curious, where did you get the blank cards for the DC characters? I want to try my hand at making a Batman custom.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10240

Have fun!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM

Wike the Great is surprisingly tart
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
How many points is Chuck Norris worth?
I didn't make a card for him yet....most of my customs have no cards yet...I guess I am waiting for the plug to be pulled on the game itself and then I will start making cards
He should be 50,000,000,000 points, with no attack, defense, range, or move, as soon as his figure hits the board, the other figures just dissintegrate due to awesomeness . Sorry, couldn't resist. On a more serious note, & more back on topic, the customs are sweet. I personally have never been good at determining point cost, so I can't help you there, but I can complement on what you do .

Cake > Pie
Ska is NOT dead
Awaiting an Unofficial CoN
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM

Beat me to it! Darn job.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's a better link to GreyOwl's custom tools. This thread has tools for the various logos needed for these customs (DC, Marvel, superstrength, etc...)

Anyway, GreyOwl's custom templates are amazing. I'm sure many of us here owe him/her a lot of thanks for sharing them with the customs community. In fact, I think I'm gonna go do that now...

But before I do, I might as well add a couple more works in progress to this thread, so here goes...

Doctor Fate's Eldritch Blast ability also affects Demons, which will be noted in the final version of the card. Speaking of Demons...

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 22nd, 2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated with Dr. Fate & Etr

Here are a few new customs; the Joker was the single hardest figure for me to come up with abilities for, but I finally came up with something that satisfied me the other day.

Harley was a lot easier...

And here's Beast Boy to finish off my Teen Titans group...

Old October 29th, 2008, 09:31 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated with Joker & Harley

I haven't had a chance to have a close look at these but they look great

Keep up the good work.
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Thanks, I couldn't have done them without your GIMP tutorial.
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

"When moving Beast Boy, treat him as a double-based figure" doesn't seem to do much but cause a headache. Take it out.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations