Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which is the better unit?
Marro Stingers 53 53.54%
10th Regiment (British) 46 46.46%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debate #38 -- Stingers Vs. British

1. Stats/Special Powers
First note that 75/4 < 60/3 meaning that Stingers cost 6-7% more per figure. On raw stats Stingers are better, but 10th get Bayonet or Wait around a combined 75% and melee maybe 50%. If you roll for drain 50% and get it 50%, there is a 25% chance the Stingers get extra attack, plus chance of death and loss of turn. So I would say Stingers are at most 20% advantage per figure over 4th, However since you get 4 possible attack and one extra figure needed to kill, I give advantage to 10th
2. Playability
Both are tournament and friendly game worthy, and are fairly easy to field for even a beginner player. The stingers are not much better in the hands of an advanced player, but advanced players may learn how to use the 10th better with time. TIE

3. Overall Usefulness
Stingers are better against range, but more numbers means more possible attacks and since everyone knows commons are a number game against both high defense heroes and low defense squads, 10th are more versatile. Tie

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head
10th, if played with strategy, but if beginners played, Stingers might win. The 10th are better when deploying "come and get me" strategies or making sure you can get 4 shots off a turn, but bumrushing will make you loose. Advantage 10th

5. Army Builds
Both are general neutral. Stingers, being lower in points, can help you to better adjust for other figures, plus they go good with other Marro who give advantages such as bonding or 20D bonuses, so I would give advantage Stingers

6. Best Strategic Use
Stingers are kinda like the first car you get in a racing game which has balanced stats. But the 10th are like one of those cars with bad handling and slower acceleration, but are top speed in the hands of experienced players. If you know how to get Bayonet attack or wait then fire almost every time and ensure 3-4 attacks every turn - you will simply clean up. That same experienced person cannot make the stingers do much better. So 10th ultimately are better

7. Situational Usefulness
Both are good in almost any situation. With massive squads, 10th are better. With Heat of Battle or Dungeon builds with a lot of melee heroes, Stingers can do better. In flat land, 10th can do good. Stingers can have advantage where there is a lot of hills that prevent you from easily using wait then fire with height or bayonet attack and melee defense. Tie

These two are my favorite armies to play in tournaments so just realizing so as I am typing: Although Stingers are still one of the best units in the game, the 10th are better in experienced hands. I hope to be there someday because right now I am about even with them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units