Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Geez! It has been alomst 3 weeks since my last update......

I vote yes to reviewing East Pond and Ticalla Sunrise.
____

- Logged Revdyer's reviews of Badru Valley, Sunken Temple, and Flanking of the North Army
- Logged Kahrma's reviews of Marro Marsh, Badru Valley, and Flanking of the North Army
- Added Soul Shackle's East Pond to pending acceptance for review
- Added R˙chean's Shady Oasis to pending acceptance for review
- Flanking of the North Army has received two NO votes and is not approved for induction into the BoV.
- Added Gamebear's Ticalla Sunrise to pending acceptance for review
- logged Revdyer's acceptance votes
- logged Kahrma's acceptance votes
- logged R˙chean's acceptance votes
____

Updated 6/28/2008

Maps pending acceptance for review:

East Pond by Soul Shackle
YES = 3(Revdyer, Kahrma, R˙chean); NO = 0; Pending = 3 (Velenne, Jexik, Bunjee)

Shady Oasis by R˙chean*
YES = 2(Revdyer, Kahrma); NO = 0; Pending = 3 (Velenne, Jexik, Bunjee)
*R˙chean removed from acceptance and review process

Ticalla Sunrise by Gambear
YES = 2(R˙chean, Kahrma); NO = 0; Pending = 4 (Revdyer, Velenne, Jexik, Bunjee)

Maps currently being reviewed:

Badru Valley by Gamebear
YES = 2(Revdyer, Kahrma); NO = 0; Pending = 4 (R˙chean, Jexik, Velenne, Bunjee)

Sunken Temple by Mooseman
YES = 0; NO = 1(Revdyer); Pending = 5 (Velenne, Jexik, R˙chean, Kahrma, Bunjee)

Marro Marsh by Gomolka
YES = 0; NO = 1(Kahrma); Pending = 5 (Revdyer, Velenne, Jexik, R˙chean, Bunjee)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Marro Marsh by Gomolka

My experience on Gomolka's Marro Marsh was somewhat different from that of Kahrma this time. This isn't unusual, of course, as different BoV judges, playing against different opponents, are going to find every map a bit different.

In our games, the hill got more play than the bridge, for one example. The ruins, too, in the games I played, when Zelrig came at my squads, were literal life-savers as they broke up the adjacency within the starting zones. There wasn't much play in the middle swamp, that is true; but there was plenty of variety of tactics employed elsewhere on the map.

I like the smallish footprint of the map and the use of the middle hive is just dandy. I like the map and had great fun on the games I played on it.

Now, is this a great map? The danger of "bridge poke-through" is a problem (although it only happened once out of many games played for us). The map design itself is worthy. It plays quick and varied. I'm voting YES on this one.
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

East Pond by Soul Shackle - Looks like a swampy jungle to me. Yes to review.

Shady Oasis by R˙chean* - I'm only saying No in light of:

Ticalla Sunrise by Gambear - ...which does what Shady Oasis does but better. A hearty Yes to review this one.

I should probably look into some of these...
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I'll vote YES to review Ticalla Sunrise by Gambear, too.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

East Pond by Soul Shackle - I like the abundance of foliage, it will be interesting to see how all the defense boost plays out. Yes to review.

Shady Oasis by R˙chean* - Although this map does seem very similar to Ticalla Sunrise, I think that it will likely play quite differently and I would like to compare them. Yes to review.

Ticalla Sunrise by Gambear - Looks very nice and provides good variety of approach options. Yes to review.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After playing on this map at the BB4, I nominate Soul Shackle's

Melee_Mania

It looks much better in real life with all the jungle, and as the name suggests it gives melee a great chance at winning. Figures almost always receive an additional defense against ranged attacks. I beleive that this is a well qualified map to be enshrined in the BoV.

Last edited by arp12; July 7th, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'm going to be a bit more brief than usual with this review, so I'll inflate the size of this post with this overly long introductory sentence.

Badru Valley is a solid map. I like the square footprint and narrow starting zones, which make for a chess-like feel. In nearly every game, most of the map gets used. The central glyph is often the focus of the action, but it is still very vulnerable. The heights make flying and The Drop useful, but not overly important, as some of the Dragons' wings make it difficult to place them in some spots, and walkers can use the road to get up there in a hurry. The water and trees are placed effectively to restrict movement and LOS in meaningful ways. Every turn felt pretty meaningful, and there seemed to be no obvious strategy or single spot to hold.

I've put this one away, but I'd be more than willing to build it again. I'm voting YES on Badru Valley by Gamebear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Badru Valley by Gamebear

I had a great time on this map. It has every component that I normally enjoy- it's nice to melee with all the LOS blocking and road, you get to use the whole map, and there's no easy turtle spots that jump right out and say "Take me you big, bionic soulborg!"

My only hesitation was that the sets used were identical to my favorite BoV map, Highways and Dieways, but I won't hold that against it.

Range, melee, heroes, squads, competitive blitzing or lazy pile'o'D-listers, this map is for you. It's action packed but still forgiving. A+ all the way around. Yes to Badru Valley!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
there's no easy turtle spots that jump right out and say "Take me you big, bionic soulborg!"
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
there's no easy turtle spots that jump right out and say "Take me you big, bionic soulborg!"
Looks like Badru Valley just needs one more yes.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:26 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Looks like Badru Valley just needs one more yes.
Yes!

D'oh, you meant from someone that counts...
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'll vote Yes to review all of the recent submissions. (East Pond, Shady Oasis, Ticalla Sunrise, and Melee Mania- now with a fixed link)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios