Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 16th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

He has a lot more powers but he is not always great at using them

Could see some sort of Invisibility or some sort of super breath, like inhaling/negating Gas glyphs.

But in combat he is pretty much just a beat stick.
Old August 29th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Recently watched the anime Violet Evergarden and loved it. Really wanted to write a design for her after watching it.
Quote:

Other art:
Spoiler Alert!

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Feats
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = VIOLET EVERGARDEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WRITER / SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = TACITURN / STOIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

AUTO MEMORY DOLL

Start the game with a White Letter Marker. At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control to be Violet's Client. Once per game, at the end of the round, if Violet is adjacent to her Client, you may choose another Unique Hero you control and place the Letter Marker on this card. That chosen figure is the Recipient. At the start of each round, if there is the Letter Marker on this card, you may move Violet up to 6 spaces. If Violet ends her move adjacent to the Recipient, you may move the Letter Marker to the Recipient’s card. Whilst the Letter Marker is on the Recipient’s card, for the remainder of the game, add 1 to the Recipient’s Attack and Defense numbers, and at the beginning of each of your turns, you may move an unrevealed Order Marker from the Client’s card to the Recipient’s card.

REFUSAL TO KILL
Anytime Violet would destroy a Unique figure, instead of destroying it, you must remove Wound Markers from that figure's card until it has 1 Life remaining.

MASTER MARTIAL ARTIST
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Old August 30th, 2021, 05:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'm not quite getting the first power. Looking at the wiki it seems like an 'auto memory doll' is basically just a typist named after a type of robot? So I'm not sure what the theme is you're going for here. Is it just delivering a letter? Not really something that translates to Scape very well, especially since she's like delivering it between two people that are starting the game within a few feet of each other?

Mechanically, the power seems to just be a very, very, complicated way of saying 'at the start of round two, get a free move and then add 1 to somebody's attack and defense', which isn't appealing.

-

If the theme is like 'she's traveling somewhere to give someone a letter', I think you need to drop the whole client thing. Since nobody has someone else deliver a letter to someone right next to them. Then have more of an actual trip to the recipient instead of just having to wait a few spaces from your start zone for a round.

Have her start across the board and get a bonus when she gets next to a chosen person to give her letter to, or she lets someone start on any space on the board, but they only get to take turns after she gets the letter to them. Something like that.

-

Refusal to Kill is going into areas I wouldn't explore personally. It's just a not a fun design space to go into and like, 'destroying' figures in Scape doesn't always mean killing them anyway.

Most Superheroes refuse to kill, but we don't have a power like that on Batman or Spider-Man or whoever.

I'd just do something like Pulled Punches from Superboy if you want to explore that angle.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 31st, 2021, 06:23 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the feedback on this, really appreciate it!

Auto Memory Dolls are ghostwriters. Throughout the series she's hired by all sorts to write various things for them. Usually its letters, but occasionally it's been other things like lyrics or stories, and at one point she goes into a war zone to write letters for soldiers. The theme I wanted to grab was both the writing letters and travelling to deliver them which she's occasionally done, although as you've stated, it's not come across too well.

I really like your suggestions for the letter power. Starting her off the battlefield or outside of the start zone could be a good way of showcasing her travelling to get there, part of her greeting to people is saying how she'll travel anywhere to meet a client's request. Perhaps appearing at the start of any round but has to be certain range from a friendly outside the start zone. Your suggestion for having another figure start outside the start zone and cannot take turns is also very compelling and could work well. Something very similar to this does occur at one point in the anime.

Another potential option for this power is to have it activate when a figure you control is destroyed. She could move to them and place a letter on her card, almost like writing their final wishes or letter. Though what this could actually do afterwards I'm unsure.

Good call on the Pulled Punches power, I forgot that power existed. The wounded aspect in particular fits well too since it's often set her off to go full force. It could potentially be merged into MMA to shorten the card a bit, seeing as they cancel each other out somewhat.
Old September 14th, 2021, 11:09 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

It started when an alien device did what it did...*
Quote:

NAME = BEN 10? (He never really goes by that in the show I think, but it is iconic)
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN TENNYSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL/MEDIUM ?

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

UNSTABLE OMNITRIX 10
Before activating an Omnitrix Event Card for Ben 10, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or lower, choose an opponent. That opponent may choose for you to activate any other Omnitrix Event Card instead. If you do not have any other Omnitrix Event Cards you can activate, you may not activate any for Ben 10 this round.

BADDEST KID TO EVER SAVE THE DAY
If you win initiative, you must move an unrevealed Order Marker from another Army Card you control to this Army Card.

LIMITED TRANSFORMATION 10
At the end of the round, you may choose to deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card that is activated for Ben 10. If you do not, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or lower, deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card that is activated for Ben 10. When you deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card with Limited Transformation, remove all Wound Markers from this card, then remove that Event Card from the game.
Quote:

NAME = OMNITRIX: FOUR ARMS
EVENT REQUIREMENTS =

- At least one Unique Hero with the Identity of Ben Tennyson in your army.

DRAFTABLE EVENT

EVENT CONDITIONS =
At the start of each round, you may choose a Ben Tennyson that does not have an Omnitrix Event Card activated for them and activate this Event Card for them. When this Event Card refers to Ben Tennyson, it refers to that specific Ben Tennyson. All special powers on this card are only active while this card is activated.

POINTS = 10? (Wondering if we can get the Ben design to soak up most of the cost, allowing the transformations to be more viable as add-ons)

TETRAMAND TRANSFORMATION
Ben Tennyson has the Species of Tetramand instead of what is listed on his card, the Super Strength special power, and adds 3 to his Life and Attack numbers.

FOUR-ARMED PUMMEL
If Ben Tennyson inflicts one or more wounds with his first normal attack on an adjacent figure, that figure may not move for the remainder of Ben's turn, and he may continue attacking that figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until his attack dice are reduced to 0.

FOUR-ARMED THROW 10
Before moving with Ben Tennyson, you may choose a figure adjacent to him that is not huge. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 10 or higher, throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Ben Tennyson. After the figure is placed, roll one unblockable attack die for throwing damage. The thrown figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
*The Ben 10 theme song is nothing short of raw poetry. Eat your heart out Sylvia Plath.

For those not in the know, Ben 10 was a 2005 Cartoon Network show about a young boy who obtains a strange device that allows him to turn into different aliens. (Originally 10 different aliens for 10 minutes at a time, hence the premise.)

Always thought this character would be a really cool addition to the game, but that he'd also be a total pain to design/play. 11+ separate cards, all working together in a Beast Boy-style system? Ick. And that's not mentioning the problem of obtaining figures - I'm sure there's some in-scale Ben 10 things out there, but they're probably 15 years out of stock. Not ideal.

I think Event Cards could be a neat solution to that. You only need 1 mini (although nobody is saying you can't get more accurate minis if you so choose), and you don't have to have a massive stack of full-sized figure cards.

Wording is definitely a bit sloppy (still not entirely sure what the hard rules are on Event Cards), but I just wanted to throw the base idea out there with an example and see if it made sense.
Old September 14th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fun stuff. Lots of text though.
Old September 14th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

For sure. I almost wonder if some of the transformation stuff could be handled with a marker like the Beastiamoprh Markers that goes over the stat box. Lots of cool potential for art stuff there.
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:14 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
It started when an alien device did what it did...*
Quote:

NAME = BEN 10? (He never really goes by that in the show I think, but it is iconic)
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN TENNYSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL/MEDIUM ?

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

UNSTABLE OMNITRIX 10
Before activating an Omnitrix Event Card for Ben 10, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or lower, choose an opponent. That opponent may choose for you to activate any other Omnitrix Event Card instead. If you do not have any other Omnitrix Event Cards you can activate, you may not activate any for Ben 10 this round.

BADDEST KID TO EVER SAVE THE DAY
If you win initiative, you must move an unrevealed Order Marker from another Army Card you control to this Army Card.

LIMITED TRANSFORMATION 10
At the end of the round, you may choose to deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card that is activated for Ben 10. If you do not, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or lower, deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card that is activated for Ben 10. When you deactivate an Omnitrix Event Card with Limited Transformation, remove all Wound Markers from this card, then remove that Event Card from the game.
Quote:

NAME = OMNITRIX: FOUR ARMS
EVENT REQUIREMENTS =

- At least one Unique Hero with the Identity of Ben Tennyson in your army.

DRAFTABLE EVENT

EVENT CONDITIONS =
At the start of each round, you may choose a Ben Tennyson that does not have an Omnitrix Event Card activated for them and activate this Event Card for them. When this Event Card refers to Ben Tennyson, it refers to that specific Ben Tennyson. All special powers on this card are only active while this card is activated.

POINTS = 10? (Wondering if we can get the Ben design to soak up most of the cost, allowing the transformations to be more viable as add-ons)

TETRAMAND TRANSFORMATION
Ben Tennyson has the Species of Tetramand instead of what is listed on his card, the Super Strength special power, and adds 3 to his Life and Attack numbers.

FOUR-ARMED PUMMEL
If Ben Tennyson inflicts one or more wounds with his first normal attack on an adjacent figure, that figure may not move for the remainder of Ben's turn, and he may continue attacking that figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until his attack dice are reduced to 0.

FOUR-ARMED THROW 10
Before moving with Ben Tennyson, you may choose a figure adjacent to him that is not huge. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 10 or higher, throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Ben Tennyson. After the figure is placed, roll one unblockable attack die for throwing damage. The thrown figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
*The Ben 10 theme song is nothing short of raw poetry. Eat your heart out Sylvia Plath.

For those not in the know, Ben 10 was a 2005 Cartoon Network show about a young boy who obtains a strange device that allows him to turn into different aliens. (Originally 10 different aliens for 10 minutes at a time, hence the premise.)

Always thought this character would be a really cool addition to the game, but that he'd also be a total pain to design/play. 11+ separate cards, all working together in a Beast Boy-style system? Ick. And that's not mentioning the problem of obtaining figures - I'm sure there's some in-scale Ben 10 things out there, but they're probably 15 years out of stock. Not ideal.

I think Event Cards could be a neat solution to that. You only need 1 mini (although nobody is saying you can't get more accurate minis if you so choose), and you don't have to have a massive stack of full-sized figure cards.

Wording is definitely a bit sloppy (still not entirely sure what the hard rules are on Event Cards), but I just wanted to throw the base idea out there with an example and see if it made sense.
OMG OMG OMG
This is awesome! If no one wants to attempt it, I'm willing to come up with individual write-ups for the aliens. I think the first power would work the same, but the alien could just take the place of Ben during that turn or round. The aliens would start off the battlefield in this sense. I'm not totally sure what the figures would be, mods would probably be a lot work, but would also probably be the coolest. There are some miniatures out there, but I don't think they're to scale. They said that they were 2 inches. If anyone has any ideas for the aliens or anything like that let me know. I'm going to do a bit more research, but I'm going to try and get something done for Four Arms and Diamondhead first, the former because Nobody already has a start on it and the latter because I like Diamondhead . I'll try my best not to copy what you have for Four Arms here lol
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:31 PM

General power for all Aliens:

Quote:
BOND OF THE OMNITRIX
This card may not be drafted into your army unless you have drafted Ben 10 into your army. If this figure is destroyed or taken off of the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or lower, move all wounds on this card to the card of Ben 10. If you roll a 15 or higher this figure is destroyed or removed from the battlefield as normal.
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:32 PM
Just A Head

Feel free to borrow anything from my draft. C3G is a collaborative process!
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:41 PM

My rendition of Unstable Omnitrix.

Quote:
UNSTABLE OMNITRIX
At the beginning of the round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 10 or lower, your opponent may choose a Unique Hero in your army that is not on the battlefield with the secret identity Ben Tennyson. If you roll a 11 or higher you may choose a Unique Hero in your army that is not on the battlefield with the secret identity Ben Tennyson. You may put Ben 10 on the card of the chosen hero, and the hero wherever Ben 10 was located on the battlefield. Any order markers on Ben 10 get moved to the chosen hero's card.
I feel like this can be trimmed down a lot, but I like it. Limited Transformation would be changed to match this power as well.
Old September 15th, 2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
LIMITED TRANSFORMATION
At the end of the round, if Ben 10 is not on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or lower switch Ben 10 out with the figure of the card he is on. If you roll an 11 or higher you may choose to either leave Ben 10 on the army card or to switch him out with the figure of the card he is on. If you roll a 1 or lower, switch Ben 10 out with the figure of the card he is on and during the next round Ben 10 may not use his Unstable Omnitrix power.
My rendition of Limited Transformation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy