Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 4th, 2020, 11:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Multiplex ~ Vote On Deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Have any of the wording gurus had a run at this?
What's in the SP is a direct copy paste from Johnny just a few posts above.

Right before I called for the ON Deck vote

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2020, 11:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here is what my edits would be if I were a wordsmith...

MULTIPLEX MASTER
You may draft one other Danton Black squads with Multiplexthat is named Duploids. After moving and before attacking with Multiplex, you may attack with a Danton Black squad Duploid figures you control, one at a time, within 8 spaces of Multiplex.

SELF-DUPLICATION
When defending with Multiplex, if you roll at least one blank, he takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Duploid figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to Multiplex or another Duploid figure you control.

DUPLOID DECOY
Once per game, if Multiplex receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy one Duploid other Danton Black figure you control, place Multiplex's Danton Black's figure on the space that figure occupied, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

For the record, I may design other Danton Black squads (way way way in the fugure) but they will always be Unique squads and never Common. Therefore the wording in the first power should be safe.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, shouldn't the second and third power reference Danton Black figures instead of Duploid figures given that the concern is there might be something else named Duploid later (at least this is how I understand it)?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2020, 11:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Taking a shot at it:

MULTIPLEX MASTER
You may draft other Danton Black squads with Multiplex. After moving and before attacking with Multiplex, you may attack with all figures from one Danton Black squad you control that are within 8 spaces of Multiplex.

SELF-DUPLICATION
When defending with Multiplex, if you roll at least one blank, he takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to Multiplex or another Danton Black squad figure you control.

DUPLOID DECOY
Once per game, if Multiplex receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy one Danton Black squad figure you control, place Multiplex's figure on the space the destroyed figure occupied, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2020, 11:34 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Taking a shot at it:

MULTIPLEX MASTER
You may draft other Danton Black squads with Multiplex. After moving and before attacking with Multiplex, you may attack with all figures from one Danton Black squad you control that are within 8 spaces of Multiplex.

SELF-DUPLICATION
When defending with Multiplex, if you roll at least one blank, he takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to Multiplex or another Danton Black squad figure you control.

DUPLOID DECOY
Once per game, if Multiplex receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy one Danton Black squad figure you control, place Multiplex's figure on the space the destroyed figure occupied, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
Reads fine to me.

Old December 5th, 2020, 12:40 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

In the first power I don't think 'other' makes any sense as this guy isn't a squad himself.
I'd say:

"You may draft one Danton Black squad with Multiplex"

If he's just supposed to get one.

If he's supposed to be able get multiple squads (which is how the 'other' makes it read right now) that gets tricky because according to how Iron Man V works just saying 'you may draft Danton Black squads with Multiplex' would let you draft the current squad over and over (which I assume isn't the idea as that doesn't seem to have ever been tested).

Middle Power seems fine

I still don't see the point in the line about wound markers in the third power. If you're destroying a squad figure instead of him taking wounds and he only has one life... how would you have wounds to remove? You destroyed something instead of taking them already. It would only matter if you somehow boosted his life value (or if there is a plan to make another version of him with that power and multiple life I guess).

Even if that bit is kept I'd still change 'receives enough wounds' to 'would receive enough wounds' personally.

Oh, forgot earlier but yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 5th, 2020, 12:43 AM

Notably, SP has 4 Life, cards have 1 Life.

Old December 5th, 2020, 01:11 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

What would be different about the potential future Duploids? This wording should work if we give them different whatevers.

MULTIPLEX MASTER
You may draft Danton Black squads with Multiplex, as long as they do not share a [name/personality/class?]. After moving and before attacking with Multiplex, you may attack with all figures from one Danton Black squad you control that are within 8 spaces of Multiplex.

Part of the trouble here is that Self-Duplication in particular is off of the Duploids, so the wording should match between them:

SELF-DUPLICATION (Duploids)
When defending with a Duploid, if you roll at least one blank, it takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to any Danton Black figure you control.

SELF-DUPLICATION (Multiplex)
When defending with Multiplex, if you roll at least one blank, he takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to any Danton Black figure you control.

There are already ways to give him extra life (like the White Lanterns) so I'd keep the "remove all wounds" to cover those cases.
Old December 5th, 2020, 01:31 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
In the first power I don't think 'other' makes any sense as this guy isn't a squad himself.
I'd say:

"You may draft one Danton Black squad with Multiplex"

If he's just supposed to get one.

If he's supposed to be able get multiple squads (which is how the 'other' makes it read right now) that gets tricky because according to how Iron Man V works just saying 'you may draft Danton Black squads with Multiplex' would let you draft the current squad over and over (which I assume isn't the idea as that doesn't seem to have ever been tested).

Middle Power seems fine

I still don't see the point in the line about wound markers in the third power. If you're destroying a squad figure instead of him taking wounds and he only has one life... how would you have wounds to remove? You destroyed something instead of taking them already. It would only matter if you somehow boosted his life value (or if there is a plan to make The in
Oh, forgot earlier but yea
Card error. He has 4 Life as shown in the SP. Now I understand your confusion.

as to the first power, the intent is for him to be able to draft future squads for an all Multiplex army. But I was under the inpression that you can only draft a Unique Squad one time. Is that not still the rule?

So the intent is that there could potentially be 3 different unique squad of Danton Black Duploids. I'd like Multiplex to be able to draft all three squads into his army and then activate one squad with his power.

Old December 5th, 2020, 01:31 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
What would be different about the potential future Duploids? This wording should work if we give them different whatevers.

MULTIPLEX MASTER
You may draft Danton Black squads with Multiplex, as long as they do not share a [name/personality/class?]. After moving and before attacking with Multiplex, you may attack with all figures from one Danton Black squad you control that are within 8 spaces of Multiplex.

Part of the trouble here is that Self-Duplication in particular is off of the Duploids, so the wording should match between them:

SELF-DUPLICATION (Duploids)
When defending with a Duploid, if you roll at least one blank, it takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to any Danton Black figure you control.

SELF-DUPLICATION (Multiplex)
When defending with Multiplex, if you roll at least one blank, he takes no damage and you may immediately place a previously destroyed Danton Black squad figure on an unoccupied space adjacent to any Danton Black figure you control.

There are already ways to give him extra life (like the White Lanterns) so I'd keep the "remove all wounds" to cover those cases.
Yes, once the wording if finalized I will be updating the Duploids as well.

Old December 5th, 2020, 03:05 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
as to the first power, the intent is for him to be able to draft future squads for an all Multiplex army. But I was under the inpression that you can only draft a Unique Squad one time. Is that not still the rule?

So the intent is that there could potentially be 3 different unique squad of Danton Black Duploids. I'd like Multiplex to be able to draft all three squads into his army and then activate one squad with his power.
You normally can only draft one Unique card for any given Identity (Danton Black in this case) but Iron Man V establishes that using the 'you may draft *whatever* with me' lingo basically turns Uniques into Uncommons since he lets you draft 50 Hulkbuster Iron Men if you want to.

The game doesn't register separate cards as distinct entities for drafting purposes basically. It only sees Identities. So a power that lets you draft multiple separate Danton Black squad cards by it's nature also lets you draft the same one over and over.

You'd need something like Johnny's callout where all the drafted squads have to have separate classes/personalities/attack numbers/whatever-the-hells.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 5th, 2020, 09:28 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

You normally can only draft one Unique card for any given Identity (Danton Black in this case) but Iron Man V establishes that using the 'you may draft *whatever* with me' lingo basically turns Uniques into Uncommons since he lets you draft 50 Hulkbuster Iron Men if you want to.

The game doesn't register separate cards as distinct entities for drafting purposes basically. It only sees Identities. So a power that lets you draft multiple separate Danton Black squad cards by it's nature also lets you draft the same one over and over.

You'd need something like Johnny's callout where all the drafted squads have to have separate classes/personalities/attack numbers/whatever-the-hells.
Gotcha. I'll need to figure that out then. Thanks for the clarification.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library