Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 31st, 2017, 03:58 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Nice reuse of Pounce. It works really well thematically for a raptor. Also not too dependent on Spider Bonding--I might have to proxy these ones in sometime.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 31st, 2017, 06:35 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Nice reuse of Pounce. It works really well thematically for a raptor. Also not too dependent on Spider Bonding--I might have to proxy these ones in sometime.

~TAF
Thanks! Let me know if you try them out, eager to hear how they do.
Old February 1st, 2017, 04:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Some time ago I had the idea of making re-themed "Classic Scape" versions of Marvelscape units. I've done "Thanos" so far:

Spoiler Alert!

So here's my next attempt. "Kumo" is Japanese for "Spider" (according to Google translate, at least.)

Spoiler Alert!

Turning Spidey-Sense into Ninja Reflexes is pretty easy and I think it works thematically. I thought about turning Swing Line into something like "Wuxia Leap." But it just didn't feel right to have a ninja without Phantom Walk. Shuriken SA is Web SA, with an extra attack thrown in because I felt like it. (Now, I realize that I should probably rename the power since it's different from Shiori's of the same name. "Deadly Shuriken"? "Poisoned Shuriken"? "Bo-Shuriken"?)

The stats are the same as Spider-Man's, but I knocked 20 points off because of the lack of Swing Line.

The figure isn't bad, but is just too bright red. I added a little wash for good measure.

Haven't tried him yet, so we shall see!

I also recently acquired a set of three "Foot Ninjas" from the TMNT Heroclix line, so I'm thinking about another Unique Squad. (Ninjas of the Southern Wind?)

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old February 1st, 2017, 11:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice work on the Velociraptor. For Pack Movement, you should probably stick with Heroscape convention regarding out-of-turn movement and assign it a flat movement value, something like:

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with a Velociraptor, you may move up to 2 other Velociraptors you control up to 7 spaces each.
It reduces the chances of any weird rules loopholes, plus you can drop the whole bit about leaving engagements.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice work on the Velociraptor. For Pack Movement, you should probably stick with Heroscape convention regarding out-of-turn movement and assign it a flat movement value, something like:

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with a Velociraptor, you may move up to 2 other Velociraptors you control up to 7 spaces each.
It reduces the chances of any weird rules loopholes, plus you can drop the whole bit about leaving engagements.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've updated the card with that wording.

By the by, I've added some new versions of your Supers cards here. Added Added Kid Flash (Jandar), Vision (Vydar), Amanda Waller (Vydar), Captain Boomerang (Utgar), and Ultron (Utgar). Also the new versions of Spidey and Venom, and the C3G version of Mirror Master.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:30 PM

Here's a few more I've had in the hopper for a while:

Another Champion of Eeeeevil. Why should Sir Hawthorne have all the fun?

And:

I'm nearly (but not quite) out of Dwarves to do.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Baron von Bronn
Pretty cool champion. His initiative bonus will probably be pretty low for the most part but any even a small bonus can give you a surprising advantage in opposed rolls. It's nice to be able to manipulate it as well to try to set up initiative switches for the following round. Charisma 19 will be nice when it triggers but this is the sort of figure where his powers almost don't matter. He's basically a cheaper bonding option for the Knights who might get consideration if you have points left after taking Sir Gilbert. He's nicely thematic at least.

Auric Stormcleave
He's a solid hero who packs a nice punch on his own. His ranged double attack may not always be the better option but it gives him some solid versatility and only gets better for each attack bonus you can get out of him. I can imagine some scenarios where it's better to take a leaving engagement attack to climb to height and rain down axes from there on the opponent you just left. I could easily see using someone like him when playing with the axegrinders.
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback, @Ixe . Always appreciated!

OK, so I know what you're thinking today. You're thinking, why aren't there any Vydar Elementals? Here's a work in progress:

Shadow Elemental.
Spoiler Alert!

The interesting design challenge with Elementals (IMHO) is to make them desirable for non-Kurrok armies. Shadow Cover is my attempt to give some shadowy synergy with Darrak Ambershard, Deepwyrm Drow, Drow Chainfighter, and Mika Connour.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old February 16th, 2017, 08:47 AM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

@IshMEL

I like that you're doing Aquilla Grut creatures, too. My custom, Miniraptor, is from Grut.

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:27 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Shadow Elemental
I like the take on it. I got hopes up at first since the figure wasn't in the card picture that you just had a base or something and it was supposed to be invisible. The actual figure works well as a shadow elemental and the theme fits right into Vydar. It's Shadow Cover power feels out of place with the other elementals but it gives it some nice synergy as a walking shadow space for terrain dependent figures. That being said, Penumbra is one of those cool powers that has all sorts of potentially unintended consequences. It breaks up road spaces, water, lava field, and molten lava which can feel a little counter-intuitive. I can't remember where but I remember seeing similar powers suggested to only apply when a figure rolls defense, although this would break the elemental's main interaction with Mika Connour.
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
@IshMEL

I like that you're doing Aquilla Grut creatures, too. My custom, Miniraptor, is from Grut.

Thanks, WolfScape! I also recently did a "raptor" dinosaur from Grut, you can check it out here. (I am working on updating my index posts but haven't reached the Grut one yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Shadow Elemental
I like the take on it. I got hopes up at first since the figure wasn't in the card picture that you just had a base or something and it was supposed to be invisible. The actual figure works well as a shadow elemental and the theme fits right into Vydar. It's Shadow Cover power feels out of place with the other elementals but it gives it some nice synergy as a walking shadow space for terrain dependent figures. That being said, Penumbra is one of those cool powers that has all sorts of potentially unintended consequences. It breaks up road spaces, water, lava field, and molten lava which can feel a little counter-intuitive. I can't remember where but I remember seeing similar powers suggested to only apply when a figure rolls defense, although this would break the elemental's main interaction with Mika Connour.
An empty base would be pretty hilarious. I think when I was shopping for Lord of the Rings figures I've seen some "invisible Frodos" that are just bases. Of course, they cost more!

You bring up a good point about changing terrain. Perhaps something like,

Penumbra
For all special powers on Army Cards, and when rolling defense, this Shadow Elemental and all figures adjacent to it are considered to be on shadow spaces. Penumbra does not affect a Shadow Elemental while moving. When being attacked by a Shadow Elemental, a figure receives no defense bonus from being on a shadow space.
That way a Shadow Elemental would still have to stop in water, and would still have to roll for lava (as would adjacent figures) and could still get a road bonus. Does that resolve the corner cases, or is there some other wording you might suggest?

Thanks as always for your helpful suggestions.
Old February 19th, 2017, 03:58 PM

Hey there! It's Space Rifle Day here on IshMEL's Customs! Because I did a couple of new cards with Space Rifles. Here they are with some older Space Rifle units.

First up is Captain Faraday Jones:

His Plasma Disruptor Rifle can penetrate high-defense units, especially Soulborgs, Cyborgs and Robots (which are a thing in the Shermanverse, so I included them here.) Soldier's Fury lets him attack twice in melee, or to back up his fellow soldiers. Thematically he goes with these space marines:

On the Mariedian side of the universe is Corbin Nine:

I picked up this "Gears of War" Heroclix figure. He's got goggles, which must mean he's an engineer-type, right? I took Sabotage from the C3V dwarf Beorn Boltcutter. Seemed right for a Mariedian to have. Plasma Burst SA is the same as Shotgun Blast, except for the auto-skull on the targeted figure.

Meanwhile, over on Arctorus:

Pheelix really hates Rats.

And I still haven't had the chance to test Version 2 of Arch-Vile's Pavin Nahz (or finish the card art!) but he's got a Space Rifle so here he is:

More on the unit inside:
Spoiler Alert!

He's a very niche unit. In the right circumstances he can get your units through a screen.

Enjoy your Space Rifle Guys! As always, thanks for taking a look and for your feedback.

(In other news, I'm slowly working my way through my index posts and updating them, which I have been putting off for too long.)

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards