Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart
Trouble Finding heroscape around?

For awhile now i have been having a hard time finding heroscape at stores. My local wal-mart, and Target have been continually going down in how much they are carrying. The Last good find i made was the entire wave 8 set right b4 i left for Papua New Gunia (yes i bought it all) has anyone else been finding this true?? Or does any one know of any other store chains that carry it?
Thanks for the help
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Trouble Finding heroscape around?

Target and Toys R Us no longer carry Heroscape. Wal-Mart is the last national big box retailer to carry the game. If your Wal-Mart doesn't have much 'Scape, try an online retailer like House Mouse Games or Wargamers Headquarters.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

As Sherman said, Wal-mart is your last Big Box chance. Otherwise check out a FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store). And then there's always the web.

I'd say hit a lot of Wal-mart's. I've had success going to old Wal-Marts (of the none supercenter variety). These are less desirable stores for most and their human traffic is less.

Yesterday I hit an old Wal-mart (It still had the red lettering outside) and I cleaned up. I got two packs of Drones and Minions and they still had Wave 3 on the shelf so I grabbed a monks and sentinels and a kilts and commandos.

The woman checking me out looked at them and told me I was lucky that my son still wanted cheap toys for Christmas.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I am having less trouble finding threads about not finding Heroscape then finding Heroscape itself.

"Do not be afraid to use me. I am your friend." -Search Button
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Switty111 knows what's in an order marker Switty111 knows what's in an order marker

I too am having a problem locating Heroscape retailers. Many stores have given me some dumb answers especially one time when i called a local Walmart Supercenter. I called and asked to be transferred to the toys department, I waited on hold for 5-10 min and finally someone picked up.."sporting goods" ugh i asked for toys and they directed me to sporting goods. then I asked to be redirected to the front desk and was gladly redirected. I then spoke with the same generic how may I help you lady and asked again to be transferred to toys. waited on hold for a while and was directed back to sporting goods. I hung up in anger then called right back asking to speak with the manger on duty. After waiting 15 minutes finally he answered and I asked if he could search the system to see if he had any Heroscape in stock and he told me he didn't have the capability to do such a task. That was the last time I will every call a Walmart.
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:27 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am having less trouble finding threads about not finding Heroscape then finding Heroscape itself.

"Do not be afraid to use me. I am your friend." -Search Button
I shall not be afraid...I like the quote

DeadEye
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switty111 View Post
I too am having a problem locating Heroscape retailers. Many stores have given me some dumb answers especially one time when i called a local Walmart Supercenter. I called and asked to be transferred to the toys department, I waited on hold for 5-10 min and finally someone picked up.."sporting goods" ugh i asked for toys and they directed me to sporting goods. then I asked to be redirected to the front desk and was gladly redirected. I then spoke with the same generic how may I help you lady and asked again to be transferred to toys. waited on hold for a while and was directed back to sporting goods. I hung up in anger then called right back asking to speak with the manger on duty. After waiting 15 minutes finally he answered and I asked if he could search the system to see if he had any Heroscape in stock and he told me he didn't have the capability to do such a task. That was the last time I will every call a Walmart.
Walmart will not do that over the phone, in fact many big-box stores won't because they want you to come in to see if they have what you want in stock and then see something else and buy that too/instead.

The other thing is that the inventory system in big box stores is not always accurate. It may say they have 5 or 10 of something left when they actually do not have any because they have been stolen or not rung out properly. This is why they do inventory in January, so they can figure out how much shrinkage they have.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion