Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 21st, 2016, 02:18 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
No kudos for you, although the points for trying since TheAverageFan caught my typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Icon is pretty sick. Nearly invincible with that defense but what do you expect from a superhero? Being an unsynergetic single-attacking hero balances out his defenses, so it's okay. Ricochet is also pretty cool. TAF seal of approval

Is his planet supposed to be Rand or Rann? It says Rann under Planet in his stats.
Thanks for catching the typo. The planet is Rann. Icon is very tough but not quite invincible, at least not much more so than Crypt Guardians, Gorillitroopers, or other tough units in similar situations. He's good in that his defenses can't be bypassed by special attacks and he has enough life to fall back on an attack or two getting through. I might eventually do some superhero synergy but it certainly won't be full bonding squads.
Old April 26th, 2016, 10:30 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With Viceron shot down for the second time in SoV, I've been contemplating a squad that could support him to see if I can make him work. He's a blast to play and I'd like to see if I can get something to make sense for him.

These are the Restless Zombies from Arena of the Planeswalkers:

NAME = Ichor Minions
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Undead
CLASS = Minions
PERSONALITY = Loyal
SIZE = Medium 4
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 50

MERCILESS BONDING

Before taking a turn with Ichor Minions, you may first take a turn with a Merciless Hero you control.

PROTECTIVE ICHOR
When an Ichor Minion you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack from a friendly Unique Hero, you may place the destroyed Ichor Minion on that figure's Army Card. When a figure with one or more Ichor Minions on their army card rolls defense dice, they may remove all Ichor Minions from their army card and add 1 automatic shield for each minion removed this way.

Ichor Minions are horrid creatures comprised of black blood and dark magic, animated to serve their merciless master. They serve only to loyally protect their masters and will even form a protective shield about an ally should they harvest them. When needed, the remnants of the thralls will form around the hero and ward off any attack.

These thralls would ideally serve Viceron the Blood Knight with him returning to Merciless, back down to 4 life, and possibly even 4 defense (although I may still keep 5). Bonding is just inherently useful for the Dark Knight but they shine doubly for him since blasting them away with his special attack can allow him to have some defenses the following round and not be quite as vulnerable. He could also harvest them with his normal attack for both life and extra defense. The fact that he must use all saved minions in a single defense roll makes him far from invincible, however, and especially vulnerable to multiple attacks. Even still keeping a steady stream of units that he himself is killing is far from economical.

Outside of Viceron the only other unit I found they bonded with was Andask and they seem adequate in that capacity. They could potentially help any hero who wants to harvest them, particularly those who have AoE's, but killing your own units for a one time defense is only so useful.

I've yet to put them to the test but I am intrigued by the design. My biggest concern is the figures and their availability. The Arena of the Planeswalkers game only comes with one squad of them, although it comes with many other potentially usable figures for the cost. I've yet to find a good source for buying just them. They are unpainted, but I think the theme of what they are works as such. I'd be very interested in hearing feedback on these guys in particular.

Last edited by Ixe; April 27th, 2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: changed to minions
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ichor Thralls: Very interesting design that very neatly ties into Viceron with both powers. I might have some concerns for other figures since any Unique Hero will work (specifically Nilfheim who could easily nab 2 or 3 Thralls when leaving his start zone), but only playtesting will tell.

I myself wonder how well they'd work with Nicolas Esenwein too. He could bring them back but they don't bond with him, so it could make for some interesting gameplay. Anyhow, good work with these AotP figures

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 27th, 2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Ichor Thralls: Very interesting design that very neatly ties into Viceron with both powers. I might have some concerns for other figures since any Unique Hero will work (specifically Nilfheim who could easily nab 2 or 3 Thralls when leaving his start zone), but only playtesting will tell.

I myself wonder how well they'd work with Nicolas Esenwein too. He could bring them back but they don't bond with him, so it could make for some interesting gameplay. Anyhow, good work with these AotP figures

~TAF
Thanks for the comments! I totally blanked on the thrall synergy. I was just trying to come up with a fantasy evil servant type name. I'm not sure how it would work with the actual thralls and it is really outside of what I was going for so I'll have to break it.

Units like Nilfheim would probably be good with them in general as part of a larger army but I don't think they'd have much place with him in something more typical. Spending 50 points for a good defense roll probably isn't worth it if that's all they're doing.
Old April 28th, 2016, 09:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Those Ichor Minions are pretty sweet, and I am loving the evil vibes from imagining a hero sacrificing them for their own gain.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 28th, 2016, 10:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

You could always rename your hero GRU.
Spoiler Alert!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:41 PM

It doesn't look like the Ichor Minions are done yet but I am stubbornly not done with Viceron for some reason. Here is another squad design that may work with him.

This is the Spirit from Reaper Miniatures:

This is the Banshee from Reaper Miniatures:

And this is the Grave Wraith from Reaper Miniatures:

Each miniature is supplied unpainted in translucent green.

NAME = Souls of the Damned
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Undead
CLASS = Minions
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE= 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 40

POSSESSED FERVOR

If you revealed an order marker on a small or medium unique hero you control this turn, if that hero destroyed a Soul of the Damned you control this turn, you may reveal an X Order Marker on that hero's Army Card. If you do, take an additional turn with that hero at the end of this turn.

INCORPOREAL 3
A Soul of the Damned adds 3 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Souls of the Damned's movement, ignore elevations. Souls of the Damned may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a Soul of the Damned starts to fly, if it is engaged, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

The souls of the damned are incorporeal spirits that can shrug off most physical attacks. They easily fly and slip through enemy forces and can frustrate the enemy. They are bent on the destruction of their foes and can even possess a willing host to continue fighting.

Functionally, these guys are a solid and mobile screen who can quickly tie down the enemy in engagement. They aren't quite as cost effective as deathreavers and lack their ability to move outside of order markers, but they are even sturdier than the rats against normal attacks. Their vulnerability to special attacks is much more pronounced, however. This weakness is a strength when it comes to paring them alongside heroes like Viceron (for whom they are designed), allowing them to be more easily destroyed and fuel an extra turn. For most heroes, this will only really provide an extra move since they have to use their attack against them anyway, but others with multiple attacks or who hit an area can really use them to full effect.

They're just in the theoryscaping stage right now so I won't know some things until testing, but they are primarily designed to make Viceron function with some broader applications. I'm tempted to drop the X reveal requirement since the cost of killing them is fairly high anyway but I am a little wary of opening up potentially 6 turns for any given hero a round and what that could mean. As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; November 21st, 2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 08:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pretty cool ghosts, Ixe! They're pretty darn strong against any army without special attacks but also not so great against those that do.

My sole concern is the wording of Possessed Fervor. Does it only work when you destroyed a Soul that turn? If so it should probably say so.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 6th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Miniature issues with the spirits have me tabling that idea for now. Here's another design for Ullar.

This is the Mithril Mage from Pathfinder Miniatures -

NAME = Mithrodar
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Construct
CLASS = Wizard
PERSONALITY = Valiant
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 160

IRON TOUGH

When rolling defense against a special attack, Mithrodar always adds 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled.

LAVA RESISTANT
Mithrodar never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage, and he does not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

METEOR SWARM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Meteor Swarm Special Attack. Mithrodar only needs clear line of sight on the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Mithrodar can be affected by his own Meteor Swarm Special Attack. Mithrodar May use this special attack 2 times in the same turn. Mithrodar may choose the same figure or a different figure with each attack.

Mithrodar is an awakened construct who has remarkably studied and trained to become a deadly wizard. His iron body makes him naturally resistant to attacks both physical and magical and means he can endure the most extreme heats. While he can rely on his natural strength should the opponent force him into melee, more often he will call down a deadly meteor swarm. The meteors from this potent spell explode on impact and damage all around, laying waste to the battlefield.

Mithrodar is basically an Iron Golem wizard, a little sturdier while not packing quite the same punch in melee. His true strength is in the Meteor Swarm special attack that can deal some real damage to your opponent (and your side) from afar. I'm uncertain at just how dangerous that power is so I have him costed a little high for now. Even though he can damage himself with the meteors, it is very unlikely given his Iron Tough.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old December 6th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Love the unit and theme for Mithrodar! I've messed with multi-attack AoE specials before and from what you've got I'd say you've got him costed competitively, maybe a little low (like a little, like I would bump him 10 maybe 15 points personally, but I do have a habit of starting things overcosted).

Meteor Swarm sounds weird to me. Maybe Meteor Shower would work better? It reminds me of the spell from Guild Wars so I personally like that better. Sweet custom though!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 6th, 2016, 04:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

He looks really cool, Ixe, and a great use of the miniature. I like the backstory.

That SA is -- wow. He can potentially hit, what, 21 figures with a ranged attack of 3 in one turn? I mean, not likely, but still!
Old December 6th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Love the unit and theme for Mithrodar! I've messed with multi-attack AoE specials before and from what you've got I'd say you've got him costed competitively, maybe a little low (like a little, like I would bump him 10 maybe 15 points personally, but I do have a habit of starting things overcosted).

Meteor Swarm sounds weird to me. Maybe Meteor Shower would work better? It reminds me of the spell from Guild Wars so I personally like that better. Sweet custom though!
You may be right on points. It's a guess right now. Meteor Swarm is an iconic, powerful spell from D&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
That SA is -- wow. He can potentially hit, what, 21 figures with a ranged attack of 3 in one turn? I mean, not likely, but still!
He only can do it twice, not 2 additional times. That would max out at 14 targets, which is still a lot. The map would either have to be just right or the opponent would have to make some pretty big mistakes to pull that off, however.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards