Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ask Craig Van Ness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Zombie View Post
... for the newspaper here in Sac that runs my regular column.
Which paper and what is your byline?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:28 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
For the manager: What are you doing to ensure that HeroScape remains popular into the future? Would you consider taking pre-orders of the next wave to assure that their is still a large market? Can you get all the big retailers to continue to stock HeroScape (like Target and Toys'R'Us)?
Please ask him this question. Toy's R Us needs to start selling Heroscape again. Then I can buy some Valcarean Wasteland and some flagbarrers.
Yeah there's a question, exclusives and promos.. will they ever be available to the average joe?

And for CVN, what's his favorite multiplayer tabletop game? Why?

Last edited by DrRansom; April 8th, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
HeroQuest, Stratego Legends, BattleMasters...
all seem like stages in evolution to HeroScape...
Will there be another stage?

Usually, the final stage is something where it can't get any better. We're at that stage.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:59 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Remember guys, HZ said this article is for the general public, so they're probably not interested in "wonky" details like the particulars of Heroscape production. Craig probably won't be able to speak much about future releases.

It would be great if you could get Craig to expand on what the original goal of Heroscape was, which I suspect was making wargaming mainstream.
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:42 AM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Remember guys, HZ said this article is for the general public, so they're probably not interested in "wonky" details like the particulars of Heroscape production. Craig probably won't be able to speak much about future releases.

It would be great if you could get Craig to expand on what the original goal of Heroscape was, which I suspect was making wargaming mainstream.
My hope is to get from him how the idea of Heroscape occurred- what was Hasbro's edict for a new game and the parameters they gave Craig and Rob before developing; what did the creators draw on for inspiration; and what were some of the ideas that they left on the cutting room floor.

Army costs and specific figures probably won't make the cut, as the article is meant to introduce readers to the game and give them an overall feel for the game and its history, though I may ask why there was the decision to have unseen "generals" as the leaders of the armies, as opposed to a free-for-all.

Although I definitely will ask the "and what is your favorite character to play with" question.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"Craig. When you designed it,did you realize that Heroscape would be more addictive than crack cocaine?"

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:56 AM

The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker The Mi-Go 13 knows what's in an order marker

Good luck with the interview. Hopefully some of these will be of some use for you.
------
For CVN: As a designer, how do you see boardgames, specifically those a bit more esoteric than Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly, fitting into the American entertainment diet, now and in the future?

For CVN: Who came up with the idea for a mainstream-market miniatures game; you, or Steve, or Rob or Hasbro? What was your/their intention with designing this game?

For CVN: Related to the above question, what niche do you think that Heroscape fills, or attempted to fill, in the gaming landscape?

For CVN: What would you like to change about Heroscape, or is there a rule or feature that you wish was in the game that didn't make it in the final version?

Thanks,

M13

Great traders: Hilo-scaper, RDHight, quozl, troubleman23, Syvarris the Ruler, Onacara
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Chardris is surprisingly tart

Ask him if there is any chance of rereleasing the flagbearers and maybe even some exclusives in stores.

(Not that the exclusives were ever in stores but...)
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok since people do not seem to read before posting i will write this really big.

CRAIG DOES NOT WORK ON HEROSCAPE ANYMORE SO HE HAS NO INFO ON FUTURE RELEASES, RE-RELEASES, NEW MASTER SETS, NEW EXCLUSIVES ETC ETC

For those aking about how he came up with Heroscae etc etc...there is a podcast interview with Craig from truth a Heroscapers.com
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ask Craig about a new master set and whether there will be another exclusive. Also ask him how he came up with Heroscape. Also ask him if this post made Onacara mad.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Ask Craig about a new master set and whether there will be another exclusive. Also ask him how he came up with Heroscape. Also ask him if this post made Onacara mad.

It would have if I did not totally expect it Gulp...
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post

It would have if I did not totally expect it Gulp...
Yeah I figured. I was typing frantically to be the person who got to write it though.

It's the little things that cheer up a day.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion