Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 9th, 2022, 01:12 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I don’t think it’s that much of a departure, to be honest. I think we can all agree that the lack of historical units is a flaw, but add those back in and I don’t think we’re that far off.
Old October 9th, 2022, 01:17 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Think again fo' you disrespect the squirrel
Old October 9th, 2022, 01:21 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the Dawn Raiders all feel very Scapey, especially Cornelius Breech Derelict Prince. The Iron Clad Collective feel like Soulborgs creepier cousins. The Nemesis War Brood I can see easily fitting into a world populated with dragons and Marro. I get if someone never got an opportunity to purchase Heroscape they'd be bummed by not seeing any recognizable historical units with this set. But they can still get ROTV.

Other than Sgt Drake, SOTM didn't have any historical units either
Old October 9th, 2022, 01:41 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I personally like all of the contents of the new set, I'd rather get all new factions than just more of what we already have; additions to old factions can always trickle in through future expansions.

On the historical front, I think that atleast one squad and a hero of plain old vanilla human pirates should have been added to the Dawn Raiders, in the form that they were on Earth at the time. I'm fine with the rest of the faction having advanced tech given to them, but that could have been the chance to add historical units to the game while still also adding the other pirates like the Dreadnought of New Tortuga

I like the bugs the most. And the clockwork appeal to me the least, but I feel that has always been the nature of Heroscape, due to the inherent variety of the game some characters won't appeal to a player and others will.

With all that being said, the game isn't exclusively designed for my tastes, and its been made very clear that a great quantity of players want old factions again to drive home the classic feel, so I think if this funds then the first wave of expansions needs to have a return of those old themes. The grut mammoth rider is a good start, but it shouldn't end there

Edit: I will say, however, that I don't like adding in new generals because it muddies the water and unecessarily complicates categorization. All of the lifeborn characters would have been fine as either Ullar or Aquilla, adding a third general that covers similar themes is redundant. Revna appears to be a replacement for Valkrill, and since there seems to be some rights issues there, I can understand that, though I don't know why WOTC isn't just saying "Here you go. Go ahead and use him as long as you don't add in any DnD characters"

Last edited by Master Roshi; October 9th, 2022 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The comments about the Clockworks remind me of the discussion about finding a national animal symbol for the new USA in the musical 1776. Benjamin Franklin points out that the Turkey is a noble and industrious bird, but the Eagle is in fact a nasty scavenger. And yet they choose the Eagle because it looks cool!

I find myself wanting to play the Clockworks first if my AOA ever comes. They're not my first favorite, more like the third, but I like them more and more, and I need that blimp. (I've never heard of Redwall, although I've played Root).

Gorillas,--King Kong not withstanding--are social, plus shy and retiring unless cornered. On the other hand, anyone who has ever been plagued by rodents and other furries like rats (I live in NYC), squirrels (ask Rosie O'Donnell), gophers (ask Bill Murray) racoons, and even yes, bears (my personal totem animal) rooting through the trash etc., know what a pain they can be.

So if you don't respect rodents and other furries, I suggest you take it up with Rocket Racoon! I think he'd have a few choice words for you. The Ursas are clearly fierce enough. And thems the bear facts!

Last edited by chas; October 9th, 2022 at 08:44 AM.
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:55 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
People griping that Hasbro is this giant mega-billion corporation and doing a bad job of marketing need to remember: this is not Hasbro as a whole. This is Avalon Hill, a (very) small division of Hasbro. That affects things.
They play that card then it's convenient but its just an excuse. Either this is run by AH, who are small, but should be able to pivot easily and correct the direction the campaign is going (they haven't yet.) Or it's run by multi-billion-dollar Hasbro and they can't turn a battleship. They can't have it both ways.
I just want to include this as evidence that it’s all Hasbro.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...xt-Three-Years

I also find the wording around and regarding Heroscape pretty peculiar
Old October 9th, 2022, 07:48 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Clockwork are easily my favorite faction. IMO they are similar to VCs Mareidians - a smaller/ weaker group on their home planet who have learned to adapt and survive via guerrilla warfare. Which Volarak has decided is valuable on Valhalla (perhaps he too is a weaker general needing to resort to guerrilla warfare to survive).

Also, in case you didn't notice the clockwork combine has POLAR BEARS WITH HARPOON CANNONS. Has there ever been a design that fits more perfectly into Heroscape?
Old October 9th, 2022, 07:51 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
People griping that Hasbro is this giant mega-billion corporation and doing a bad job of marketing need to remember: this is not Hasbro as a whole. This is Avalon Hill, a (very) small division of Hasbro. That affects things.
They play that card then it's convenient but its just an excuse. Either this is run by AH, who are small, but should be able to pivot easily and correct the direction the campaign is going (they haven't yet.) Or it's run by multi-billion-dollar Hasbro and they can't turn a battleship. They can't have it both ways.
I just want to include this as evidence that it’s all Hasbro.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...xt-Three-Years

I also find the wording around and regarding Heroscape pretty peculiar
Great post! Rep'd it. That's worth reading for anyone caught up in these discussions
Old October 9th, 2022, 07:59 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I dinno, you take away tools and humans aren't apex anymore.

Big difference between apex predator and apex evolution. Zootopia taught us to value each other's difference.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do y’all know who else was a smaller, weaker, underdog fighting force?

The 4th Massachusetts Line.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Squirrels could be the apex predator on whatever their homeworld is.
Homeworlds matter.
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Squirrels could be the apex predator on whatever their homeworld is.
Homeworlds matter.

Upset City Baby.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion