Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 25th, 2008, 10:45 PM

yari commander Woo who?
Quality or Quantity

I was wondering if you guys prefer swarm armies like drones or zombies or yari or if you preferred armies based around units that are stronger like AE or minions or sentinels.

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Quality or Quantity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari commander View Post
I was wondering if you guys prefer swarm armies like drones or zombies or yari or if you preferred armies based around units that are stronger like AE or minions or sentinels.
I play with all of them...if you always play with the same army then it gets real boring. Take some time and look around you will see lots of threads and articles on this very thing.
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:18 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Considering I have very few multiples of commons I usually neveer use swarm armies. That will probably change in the future.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation

I'm definitely a swarmer. Venocs and Marros and zombies. In addition to providing more tactical options, there's something about sacrificing a huge amount of figures to take one enemy down and considering it a good trade that amuses me.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Zelrig made swarms a lot less viable anyways.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Zelrig made swarms a lot less viable anyways.
That's only if you stand them all next to each other.
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:28 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Quantity is its own quality.
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:41 AM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

Quantity. Sgt drake can take down 5 marro if you give him the chance. However, theres a difference between swarm and like 45 figs.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:02 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

I play with both regularly. Swarming not quite so much but still pretty often. Both have their pro's and con's and that is one of the reasons why Heroscape is so fun. Lots of diversity while maintaining a good level of balance and quality.
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I'll add my voice for the combinations and for not playing the same way all the time. For tournaments, in the past, I've used, primarily, lots of squads. For playing with friends, it's much more varied. I've even played "Heroes only" on a few occasions. I think one of the great things about HeroScape is exactly this versatility and variety.
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I haven't played many swarming armies, but for the most part I definitely prefer lots of common units and a few heroes.
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari commander View Post
I like them both. It depends on how I feel that day. I rarely use large point uniques but I always debate in my head which way to go. Quantity vs. quality is a simplistic way to put it, however. I would say that 60% of the time I go with "quantity" in order to diversify my risk and get more attacks per turn. In my case, it really all comes down to what floats my boat at any given time for any given game.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units