Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 18th, 2017, 01:12 AM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker
Re: The "I'm new here" Thread!!!

Ah, I've been looking for something like this...
Well, long story short, the 'Scape habit that carried me through my teenage years gradually faded out when expansions became impossible to find locally. Thank heaven I kept ahold of my collection, though, because over the last few months my two youngest siblings gradually pulled me back in. Now I've added to my collection for the first time in nearly ten years, I'm seriously considering doing some customizing, and...well, here I am, being new here and such.
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome, dark stranger! If you are interested in expanding your collection with customs, you may also be interested in the C3V units linked in my sig below. Find the mini(s), print the card. Done!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:41 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome @Dark Stranger , glad to have ya!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome aboard, Dark Stranger!
Old April 19th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Welcome, dark stranger! If you are interested in expanding your collection with customs, you may also be interested in the C3V units linked in my sig below. Find the mini(s), print the card. Done!
I'd add that C3G is worth checking out as well - welcome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 19th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old April 19th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Absolutely right! If you want custom supers, that's the place to go.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 11th, 2017, 08:42 PM

Apotheox is surprisingly tart

Oh man here we go...

Long time 'Scaper. Been reading these boards for years as if an ancient archive from a bygone age. First time posting here. Very surreal.

It all began for me some time after the Underdark master set was released, which I found at a local Wal-Mart. That was the hook, and I took the bite. You know the rest. I managed to snag some expansions before they left the shelves and have expanded my collection primarily through eBay ever since Heroscape ceased to be obtainable within a 10 mile radius of me.

I would say my motivation for finally registering is threefold. One is my desire to finally deploy customs of my own design onto the battlefield, which I want to throw out here first to refine them with the criticisms of more experienced scapers and designers before they hit my table. In the same vein, two is my interest in interacting with the customs sub-communities and perhaps lend more than a hand in the development of new game elements worthy of sharing the board with the pantheon of official units. And most importantly, three is my wish to officially become a part of this online community after years of simply absorbing it through a screen.

I guess now is a better time than never.

Hello, everyone.
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:20 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site Apotheox, glad you decided to stop lurking!
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Welcome to the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 29th, 2017, 04:44 AM

Antonio94 Woo who?

Hi everyone! I'm newbie here . I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
I have played a bit of board game, but most of them aren't as grand as Heroscape. And so for a RPG enthusiast like me I feel like I cannot miss this one.
I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!
Old June 29th, 2017, 08:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio94 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm newbie here . I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
I have played a bit of board game, but most of them aren't as grand as Heroscape. And so for a RPG enthusiast like me I feel like I cannot miss this one.
Welcome to the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 29th, 2017, 08:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome both of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheox View Post
Oh man here we go...

Long time 'Scaper. Been reading these boards for years as if an ancient archive from a bygone age. First time posting here. Very surreal.

It all began for me some time after the Underdark master set was released, which I found at a local Wal-Mart. That was the hook, and I took the bite. You know the rest. I managed to snag some expansions before they left the shelves and have expanded my collection primarily through eBay ever since Heroscape ceased to be obtainable within a 10 mile radius of me.

I would say my motivation for finally registering is threefold. One is my desire to finally deploy customs of my own design onto the battlefield, which I want to throw out here first to refine them with the criticisms of more experienced scapers and designers before they hit my table. In the same vein, two is my interest in interacting with the customs sub-communities and perhaps lend more than a hand in the development of new game elements worthy of sharing the board with the pantheon of official units. And most importantly, three is my wish to officially become a part of this online community after years of simply absorbing it through a screen.

I guess now is a better time than never.

Hello, everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio94 View Post

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General