Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 15th, 2022, 10:26 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Loved seeing the Bears and Bugs in action! Even if you don't get the roll for it, Infestation will get laughs at every game!
Eight lives and then poof!! Gone just like that, poor Adelbern LOL
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:43 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
New cards are looking very cool
How did the card poll on the Discord channel turn out? Which style won? I was unable to find it.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:45 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not sure cuz i’m not in the discord but from the looks of it they’re tentatively going with the og scape style
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Last I heard, the OG style was running away with it, which doesn't shock me since this has been mostly marketed towards a nostalgia crowd so far. Not sure what the final results are, though.

Edit: Caps says it doesn't finalize until the 17th, so vote away if you're so moved.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 15th, 2022, 10:57 AM

Super hyped that Adelbern can (for now) bond with my death chaser horde
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:58 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
This is what should have come out at the original release! Cool new figures, showcase what a map can do as well as gameplay, dudes chucking dice!!!!

I wonder how many takes they used until they got Investition + instakill in the same round on a hero with 6 lives left!!!! That right there was one of those "remember that one time?" moments that HeroScape is all about!!!
When the Marvel set released, my nephews (12 and 14 at the time) played a match of heroes vs villains on a map my friends and I had been using for classic scape. A couple of turns into the match, the older one's Hulk leapt into Red Skull's face and whiffed on his attack. Next OM, the younger rolled a 20 for Dust of Death and took out an unwounded Hulk! There were a few whines and gripes following that (especially considering it resulted in a loss to his younger brother), but for the next match they decided to add in dragons from the drafting shelf, and they were back at it in no time.

Ah, the memories...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 15th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like how they petitioned for extra card space but also are showing units that express restraint on the part of the design team. Adelbern has just one simple power. Those are typically my favorites to play.

I hope all of those fans who were expressing concerns about the cards being filled up with complex and long winded powers will feel reassured.

Speaking of long winded, I noticed the phrase “for the entire game” on the festering parasites. My first thought was that that line was unnecessary, but then it made me wonder if there was a game mechanic we haven’t seen yet that might be the cause. Or perhaps it’s there in case the squad gets wiped out and players assume that the festering ones on character cards don’t count? That’s probably it I guess. Interesting, if you had a bunch of these on character cards at the end of a game, they wouldn’t count as casualties for VP? Just my brain pondering.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 15th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like to think of all that extra space not as room for more (or more complicated) card powers, but as a concession to their aging fanbase: some of us could use a larger font size these days!
Old October 15th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've noticed that none of the prototype cars have the general names, only the logo. I hope they add the names because there's more than one power that refer to generals by their name.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 15th, 2022, 01:40 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Speaking of long winded, I noticed the phrase “for the entire game” on the festering parasites. My first thought was that that line was unnecessary, but then it made me wonder if there was a game mechanic we haven’t seen yet that might be the cause. Or perhaps it’s there in case the squad gets wiped out and players assume that the festering ones on character cards don’t count? That’s probably it I guess. Interesting, if you had a bunch of these on character cards at the end of a game, they wouldn’t count as casualties for VP? Just my brain pondering.
I believe that the "for the entire game" phrase is necessary to make it clear that the power is still active even if all the members of the squad have been destroyed. Typically, special powers on army cards cease to be active once all the associated figures have been destroyed unless something implicit in the power itself says otherwise. (If special powers in general continued to be in effect after the figure's death, then soldiers could still get +1 move from Marcus Decimus even after his death, and we clearly can't have that).
Old October 15th, 2022, 02:10 PM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I like to think of all that extra space not as room for more (or more complicated) card powers, but as a concession to their aging fanbase: some of us could use a larger font size these days!

I know we've got the rep system here, but sometimes I still wish for a simple "like" button.

Old October 15th, 2022, 03:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion