Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM

BadAxe1 Woo who?
Taelord Question??????

I don't know who or where to ask, but I just got (finally) Heroes of Bleakwood and I know that no one in their right minds would ever pay 180 points to field Taelord. Just a quick comparison between him and Concan, who is 80 points, puts that question to rest. My question is, do most people houserule this obvious misprint or do you just not play him? It's a great looking figure and I'd love to use him with Minions of Utgar, but no way at 180 points. My inclination is to take a black Sharpie marker and fill in the 1 thus making him 80 points.

Is there any errata on this or are we just on our own here?

If there's an existing thread please direct me there.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Taelord Question??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAxe1 View Post
I don't know who or where to ask, but I just got (finally) Heroes of Bleakwood and I know that no one in their right minds would ever pay 180 points to field Taelord. Just a quick comparison between him and Concan, who is 80 points, puts that question to rest. My question is, do most people houserule this obvious misprint or do you just not play him? It's a great looking figure and I'd love to use him with Minions of Utgar, but no way at 180 points. My inclination is to take a black Sharpie marker and fill in the 1 thus making him 80 points.

180 is correct. This has been debated and bemoaned since time immemorial.

The correct place to discuss this would be in The Book of Taelord the Kyrie Warrior Costs Too Much.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:

You might want to look at The Book of Taelord.

However, there is no errata on his point value - its 180. Actually, many players have had success with Taelord + ranged squad figures (especially the Omnicron Snipers). That extra attack die to the ranged shooters can prove to be very helpful (maybe still not 180 points helpful though).

There is a rules clarification on his Flying ability though - it is actually the same as Stealth Flying, since the last line about taking leaving engagement attacks when he starts to fly was removed. So, Taelord doesn't have to take leaving engagement attacks when he flies.

EDIT: Much too slow for Cavalier

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK here's a question,. Why does Taelord cost so much? Oh wait you weren't looking for questions, you wanted the ad nauseum question answered again.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM

BadAxe1 Woo who?

Well then it's an obvious case of game designers arrogance. They can never admit when they made a mistake and just fix it. Believe me I played Hero-Clix long enough to know.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well then it's an obvious case of game designers arrogance. They can never admit when they made a mistake and just fix it. Believe me I played Hero-Clix long enough to know.
Scape <> Clix.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Or its a case of spoiled players arrogance to think the game designers screwed it up.

And to further insult them you compared Heroscpae to Hero-Clix

That's two strikes.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:28 AM

BadAxe1 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
OK here's a question,. Why does Taelord cost so much? Oh wait you weren't looking for questions, you wanted the ad nauseum question answered again.

No, I wanted to know if there is a general consensus among players about how much he should reallly cost since it's so obviously out of kilter, but thanks anyway. I've been playing Hero Scape for several years and have always known the piece was over costed. If evryone just grins an bears it fine, I'd rather play several squads than one over priced do nothing figure just because he looks cool.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Try

Taelord: 180
Omnicrons x3: 300
Rats x3: 120
Total: 600pts, 22 hexes

against some midranking 600pt armies and see how it plays. Taelord gets better as the point totals edge up and he holds his own just fine in this sort of build.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM

BadAxe1 Woo who?
Unhappy Re: Taelord Question??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Or its a case of spoiled players arrogance to think the game designers screwed it up.

And to further insult them you compared Heroscpae to Hero-Clix

That's two strikes.

I don't see where there are any strikes involved. I had a fairly legitimate question and somehow invoked a flame war. Are you perhaps a game designer? Are you the guy who screwed Taelord up so badly that he never gets played and is relegated to the back of the tackle box? You seem to take this very personally.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM

BadAxe1 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Try

Taelord: 180
Omnicrons x3: 300
Rats x3: 120
Total: 600pts, 22 hexes

against some midranking 600pt armies and see how it plays. Taelord gets better as the point totals edge up and he holds his own just fine in this sort of build.
Well at last, something constructive. No wonder I never post on here.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 260
Zetacron - 320
Krav Maga Agents - 420
Marro Warriors - 470
Guilty McCreech - 500

I think an army like this can make Taelord actually seem pretty strong. I wouldn't like to face something like this played by a skilled player, I can tell you that.

I've also played this at 500 points with some success:

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 260
Krav Maga Agents - 360
4th Mass x2 - 500

The Krav lure the opponent in, and the WTF + Taelord on the 4th Mass is just evil.

OK, I'm done posting here. Let's go talk in the Book of Taelord.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's