Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ana Karithon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

OK, I don't see anyone else discussing this, so I guess I'm just missing something - In Ana's Healing: Does this mean that
a) OM 1 - Hero runs up to Ana, gets healed, then deals an attack.
or
b) OM 1 - Hero runs up to Ana, makes an attack, if possible. Then OM 2 - Hero gets healed, makes attack, if possible.
or
c) I'm totally missing some key line that says "Hero must be wearing a pink tutu."

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:02 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The way I read it is that the unit to be healed needs to be adjacent to Ana when the order marker activating it is revealed, so before any movement. Scenario b, in other words.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
The way I read it is that the unit to be healed needs to be adjacent to Ana when the order marker activating it is revealed, so before any movement. Scenario b, in other words.
That's how I read it, as well.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Correct - the Hero must be adjacent to Ana when they reveal an Order Marker, meaning they have to start their turn adjacent to her.

This also means that heroes activated through some sort of bonding, or Mind Link, or Red Flag of Fury or what have you can't be healed by Ana. Which really, really sucks for the Elf Wizards, unless Ulginesh is the one that needs healed.

As others have mentioned though, it's really awesome for Sonlen. Again, as previously mentioned, this seems like an awesome army that I'll be trying against something competitive when Ana is out:

Major Q9 - 180
Raelin - 260
Sonlen- 420
Ana - 520

She also makes a very nice rider for Brunak, since he can make sure he always starts adjacent to her.

Wow - with Kato, Hatamoto and now Tandros and Ana, Einar is practically begging for a unit with the Carry ability. War Elephant?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; December 21st, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: It's too early to read the cards, I've been focused too much this morning on Pellot's Special Attack, and I'm sick.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Wow - with Kato, Hatamoto and now Tandros and Ana, Einar is practically begging for a unit with the Carry ability. War Elephant?
Yes please.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice, killercactus - an all-hero army that looks really viable on paper.

On a different note, am I the only one who's surprised her healing ability wasn't named Cure Light Wounds? Does D&D 4E not use that spell anymore?
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
This also means that heroes activated through some sort of bonding, or Mind Link, or Red Flag of Fury or what have you can't be healed by Ana. Which really, really sucks for the Elf Wizards, unless Ulginesh is the one that needs healed.

As others have mentioned though, it's really awesome for Sonlen. Again, as previously mentioned, this seems like an awesome army that I'll be trying against something competitive when Ana is out:

Major Q9 - 180
Raelin - 260
Sonlen- 420
Ana - 520

She also makes a very nice rider for Brunak, since he can make sure he always starts adjacent to her.
While all of this would be amazing synergy...I hate to burst your bubble.

Ana's healing can only be used on Small and Medium figures.
No Q9/Q10, Ulginesh, Brunak, Dragons...etc
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ana's there for Sonlen. Poor little Q9 only get's Raelin, meaning he can only survive 29 attacks on average.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

She can also heal Raelin, too, which is quite nice.

Sonlen can heal Q9 once he starts getting some activations.

I just plain didn't read the card though about Brunak and Ulginesh...

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What about the X OM? Can you reveal it during the game, in this case on Ana, and get to heal that unit if it is adjacent to Ana?

I know, seems very rule lawyery, but if someone tried to do that, is it legal? I'm guessing not, and would probably open a can of worms we don't want to visit. Like can you still take your turn with a numbered OM after revealing the X?

Must be something in the RB... oh look I have one here... TBC.

-insert signature here-
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
What about the X OM? Can you reveal it during the game, in this case on Ana, and get to heal that unit if it is adjacent to Ana?

I know, seems very rule lawyery, but if someone tried to do that, is it legal?
Nope. I think people tried that trick with the Hive too, but it doesn't work.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yep, you're right. From the rulebook (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotM RB
The "X" Order Marker: This extra marker is not used on any of your turns; it is only a decoy to prevent your opponents from knowing which three Order Markers you actually intend to use.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units