Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 28th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: HoME Playtesting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That should be helpful, but I think we'll still need a couple games where they are part of armies in the 250-350 point range. That way they will still be in an army context but won't be swallowed by lots of other units.
I agree. The problem I had with Merry and Pippin is that I just didn't think they were worth an order marker to keep them close to another hero. That kind of thing can only come out in army games.
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I know, I generally play 500pt armies for most of all of my playtesting. Adding in these tests should help find their individual point value playing them against equal point heroes. Example would be, If pippen and merry can kill 90% of all enemies of the same point level, they might need adjusted a little. If they kill only 10% of same level heroes, maybe an adjustment. I like the look of the cards, I agree with WK that they don't look deserving of an order marker. If I were to play these guys in a full army they wouldn't get to see near the action. So, I probably will play them in a bigger game or two after I pound through some of these smaller ones.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 31st, 2015, 06:31 AM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

I wasn't really sure where to post this but it looked like a good place to start. I created my first custom unit tonight and would like some reviews as to what you all think. The sculpt is that of an adult purple dragon from D&D. I saw the figure and fell in love with it, ordered it on the spot. Anyway I was brainstorming some ideas for the figure. This is what I came up with so far. Link for figure https://www.google.com/search?q=adul...fP0ry4npw-M%3A

Arharzel

Jandar
Dragon
Unique Hero
Hunter
Tricky
Large 7

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Energy Flare Special Attack:
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Energy Flare Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Arharzel cannot be affected by her own Energy Flare Special Attack. If a Large/Huge figure is targeted, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Adapted Camouflage:
When rolling defense dice against a figure who is not adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage

Flying:
When counting spaces for Arharzel's movement ignore elevations. Arharzel may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Arharzel starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by JNellZ22; December 31st, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old December 31st, 2015, 06:56 AM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

Btw how do I post pictures directly? I would love for everyone to just be able to see the unit!! I think she's amazing!!! I am currently working on getting her onto a double sided base. Tips for removing the D&D base?
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is not the right place at all for posting your own creations. I suggest you create your own customs thread. In the subforum that contains this subforum.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 1st, 2016, 08:54 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Is this project still live? I have a bunch of LotR Clix and would love to help out here. I think Heroscape is more my speed.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 1st, 2016, 09:12 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Is this project still live? I have a bunch of LotR Clix and would love to help out here. I think Heroscape is more my speed.
Yes, we are still alive, just slow-moving.

I'm sure we'd love to have you aboard, but I'm not really the guy to make that call.
@capsocrates ?
Old January 2nd, 2016, 03:23 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

If you want to get involved, the first step is to do some playtesting. You can find the current status of Merry and Pippin here.

What we most need from a playtest report is information about the armies involved, the outcome of the match, and how the unit was used in the match. Your own comments on the unit are welcome as well.

--
--
--

--
Old January 18th, 2016, 11:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@capsocrates , @Ninja Status , I got in a game with Merry, Pippen, and Gandalf the other night. I had two brothers out and one wanted a crack at them. Its not the traditional 1v1, but I had a chance to see how they worked and what they did in action.
Spoiler Alert!

Here is my suggestion.
Quote:
LOYALTY
After revealing an order marker on a unique hero you control, and taking a turn with that figure, you may immediately take a turn with Pippen. If a unique hero you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Pippin is destroyed, you may move all order markers from that figure's army card to Pippin's army card. Add 2 to Pippin's move if he end his move adjacent to a unique hero you control.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 18th, 2016, 12:02 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I was thinking something similar TREX as I was reading through the last few pages of this thread. Only moving helps keeps them in the action without demanding they be drafted due to free attacks. I like the suggestion. (For whatever that is worth coming from me lol)

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:23 PM

I'm not sure that particular tweak is right, but I have been having some concerns about these guys. A less problematic tweak would be to give them movement bonding with the target of their loyalty.

My other concern is twofold--Barrow Blade and Hamstring don't seem to be to really capture the theme of the characters, they are just based on one or two events from the book, rather than something integral to their personality. Secondly, in the car of Barrow Blade, it is a power that should actually be on a glyph.

I feel like we maybe s should move these guys back to design. Thoughts? (Cc @White Knight )

--
--
--

--
Old January 18th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

In the Brainstorming Thread, we had a LOT of discussion about full bonding. The concern was that it would increase their points too much.

A alternative option I tested (and really liked), was:

Quote:
LOYALTY
At the start of the game choose a Human or Hobbit unique hero to be Pippin’s Companion. After revealing an Order Marker on Pippin's Companion and taking a turn with Pippin's Companion, you may move Pippin up to 4 spaces. If Pippin's Companion is destroyed, you may move all Order Markers from the Army Card of Pippin's Companion to Pippin's Army Card.
This version keeps Pippin and Merry close enough to transfer OMs, while UNNOTICED keeps them alive.

NOTE: My platests for Merry and Pippin with the above LOYALTY are in the Brainstorming thread as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs