Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Battle of Titans

FULL MAP LIST

1) Sewers of Manhattan - 1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA
2) Manhattan Construction Site - 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, Lotsa Sand
3) Gotham Rails - 1 Marvel, 2 FotA
4) Abandoned Base (Aello) - 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 FotA
5) Cobblepot Castle - 2 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF
6) Peking Peak - 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 TT
7) Normandy Beach/Battle of Titans - 1 RotV, 1 SotM *SCENARIO ONLY*

When I was playtesting Boromir_and_Kermit's FANTASTIC Michaelangelo custom, the idea for a sewer popped into my head... as far as I know, this hasn't been attempted as of yet! So I downloaded the new Virtualscape and built it up.

It uses only Marvel, Swarm of the Marro, and Castle sets. You don't need ANY RotV terrain here, so all you newbies can give it a spin. A few things of importance...
  • The starting zones are small becase this is intended for Marvel Games, which usually have smaller armies. I'm sure you could use some rock to make them larger, though.
  • That orange dot? For scenarios, that's the open manhole. At the start of each round/turn you can put a hero on it, but only if it's an open space.
  • Pretend the whole thing is surrounded by castle walls. No line of sight over the big gap.
  • Those wall-walks can either be legitimate spaces or just for show. It's really up to you, though I'll probably end up outlawing them.
  • OPTIONAL RULE - Subtract all range by 3, due to the deep darkness, unless the figure being targetted is standing on or adjacent to the open manhole (orange space). The big 7-hex hole in the wall walks can be used as another "hole to the surface."

Last edited by johnny139; September 1st, 2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Battle of Titans Posted
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:45 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Marvel Map - Sewers of Manhattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
When I was playtesting Boromir_and_Kermit's FANTASTIC Michaelangelo custom, the idea for a sewer popped into my head... as far as I know, this hasn't been attempted as of yet! So I downloaded the new Virtualscape and built it up.

Thoughts? Opinions? I'd like to hear them!
Wow! This is a really cool, creative idea!

So the section with the walls is just to give the feel that the whole thing is enclosed per the "Pretend the whole thing is surrounded by castle walls" comment?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Yeah. I originally intended to have the whole thing with walls, but I severely overestimated how many wall pieces there are.

The download is now up! Link in the first post.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Great work Johnny. Thanks for contributing this map.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Nice idea, very cool for thinking of mixing swamp and marvel terrain. I can't wait to see what this map will turn out looking like after more marvel sets come out!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:32 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Great job, Johnny! This looks great!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is a really cool idea. What if you could make a tripple level one in the shape of an X.

Top Level, Street Level.
Middle Level, Subway.
Bottom Level, Sewer.

There could be a stairway down from the street level and a vent. There could be vents from the subway to the sewer.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Awesome! Er, cowabunga! I'd love to see an expanded version.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Location: USA - New York - New York City - 340 Square Foot Apartment with 150 Square feet of Heroscape Stuff
whataboutjon has disabled reputation
this is an amazing idea! great work. i'll be trying out this board this weekend for sure!

"I keep thinking tomorrow is coming today
So I am endlessly waiting"
-- Counting Crows

Old October 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Excellent! A Killer Croc custom would be so fitting for this set-up!

And this is too funny, I have a Vallhallian sewage treament plant map I've constructed.

Your map is very creative, Johnny!
Old July 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Manhattan Construction Site!

Huh, a new section. Fancy stuff. WELL ANYWAYS I recently built a new map, which kinda looks like a Construction Site. If you squint hard enough. And, to go with the Sewers of Manhattan, I named it Manhattan Construction Site! Inspiration is the episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man where Spidey fights Sandman in, well, a construction site.

It uses one Fortress of the Archkyrie, one Marvel, and one Road to the Forgotten Forest (though you could go without it). And, of course, a bunch of sand. Not sure exactly how much. I have two Rise of the Valkyrie, one Swarm of the Marro, and a bunch of expansions. So, that.

Originally I was going to wait until Marvel Wave 1 was released, so I could learn Sandman and the Fantastic Three's stats, then make a Rhino custom and make a scenario where you play as Spider-Man, unable to do damage to the two baddies until some friends show up. You know, because Alex O'hirn/Rhino and Flint Marko/Sandman are friends. In the cartoon, anyways. And the Fantastic Four are friends with Spider-Man. It all works.

But, they're not out yet, so I guess I'll do that later.

And I'm sure you want to ask - "Hey, what are those things on the ground?" Well, girders or something. Having two bridge things to enclose each would be awesome, so if you have them, do that. You could also use sideways castle pieces. Whatever floats your boat.

I'll probably update with another map at some point between now and my death, so, keep your eyes peeled. I guess.

Last edited by johnny139; July 22nd, 2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Gotham Rails!

No one minds the double post, right?

Well, I saw Batman Begins for the first time, and for those who don't know, the finale involves a fight on a train... so, flash of inspiration, and voila, Gotham Rails!

Of course, this requires a bit of imagination, and would be hard to play unless you have a specific scenario. It uses one Marvel set and two Castle sets, and the asphalt (for the most part) represents bus seats. There's holes everywhere, too. In general, the front "car," with the Glyph on a pedestal, is the controls, which you can't move onto. At the end is the back "car," blown open by a bomb or rocker launcher or something... it being Gotham Rails, it was probably the Joker's fault.

For all those curious, I also made a covered version. It's unplayable, but aesthetically, it works much better. You can look at the pictures, which are reshoots of the ones above, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Those with keen eyes will notice the covered version has no start zones, because you don't play on it, but DOES have a ladder. I originally had that on the other version, but realized it's... fairly useless.

Anyways, scenario stuff, extra rules, etc.
  • You can't move on the wallwalks, or move up through the top. There's a roof, it's just invisible!
  • For the actual scenario, I envision it being Batman vs. The Joker, using IAmBatman's fantastic-but-mostly-untested customs. In the front car, put The Joker and his goons - Bones and generic Clown Henchmen. In the back, Batman (TNT'd!) and Robin. Fairly even teams. The Joker's Team needs to keep the Dynamic Duo back for six rounds; Batman needs to get next to the controls and stay there for one full round, or be there at the end of the final round.
  • If you're adjacent to any empty space (at the end of the final car or on one of the connectors), instead of attacking, you can attempt to push your opponent out. Roll the 20 sided die; if it's a 17 or higher, they're destoyed automatically, unless they have flying, wherein they just move to the back car.
  • Of course, if you wanted to, you could expand your train even further, given you have more Marvel and more Castles. For the scenario, you'd have to increase the amount of rounds, though. One per car, methinks.
  • Oh, and the front is open because it's supposed to be a window... adding walls wouldn't work, the door doesn't fit, that kinda thing.
So, ya. Opinions, critique, praise, all that. If you want. Not my choice.

Last edited by johnny139; July 23rd, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios