Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 1st, 2015, 09:01 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Miss all you guys. We need to have a gameday. So many cool games, not alot of folks to play with.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:23 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, no doubt. KidScaper's away at camp, though, and we have GC soon after he comes back.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Miss all you guys. We need to have a gameday. So many cool games, not alot of folks to play with.
Yeah, I miss all you guys too. In fact I was just thinking about you @clancampbell since there was an ad on BoardGamegeek for a new KickStarter project called "Swords & Bagpipes" that cracked me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yeah, no doubt. KidScaper's away at camp, though, and we have GC soon after he comes back.
Ahhh . . . the kids are away at camp. That's the perfect time to break out the Adult Games that you've got hidden in your closet. ~~lol~~

I've been lucky enough to connect with some New Jersey gamers through FaceBook. The one group meets almost every day of the week at different game stores 50 - 100 miles away (i.e. All The Kings Men in Pitman), but they only play Star Wars stuff . . . X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault, the LCG and probably the RPG. Nice guys though - mostly young padawans 20 - 30ish that grew up with the SW toys and video games, that I bought for my kids.

One group is definitely in my age bracket and some even a bit older, but they're strictly Old Time War Gaming Grognards that build and paint the tiny 15mm soldiers which they mount on trays as simulated regiments to re-enact the historical battles. I don't mind hanging out with them once a month because they appreciate the extra set of hands to roll the dice, but the sessions are more like a tedious educational lecture than the giggly kind of fun we always had with HeroScape.

Another group sprang up in the area where I used to live, eastern Monmouth County, which is now 90 miles away, arrrgh. Games Keep in West Chester is only 87 miles and $3 less in tolls. A nice small group, that meets every Tuesday evening in a Church at GSP Exit #105. If I'm up in that area anyway for my wife's shopping excursions or to see her grandsons, then it's a nice way to finish the day.

The third group is just getting started, but IMHO has the most potential since it is the closest to me. They meet at a Library that's only 20 miles away. Unfortunately they're only meeting ONCE A MONTH for now, but had 25 people last night spread out on six tables with various games ongoing. We got there a little late and only played "Black Fleet" which @Gueroni_Ornery introduced me to, because I hadn't played in a while, was a bit rusty on the rules, and had two newbee's keep asking me for clarifications.

At least it was something different than "Carcassonne," "Stone Age," and "Settlers of Catan," which are the ONLY three games that my stepson and his wife, who live 1/2 mile away, ever want to play when we get together every week.

I haven't been doing much traveling lately, because I fell off a ladder and broke four ribs. But I am still planning to attend @Grishnakh 's 2nd annual <B+ Islandscape Event on the 18th, just to get HeroScaping table time in this season. GenCon for me is *NOT* in the stars, unless I win a lottery or something. At least going to LINY for me is closer than driving to Savage and they provide cake. ~~lol~~

I glad to hear that you guys ain't dead yet. Everyone else has fallen completely off my radar (i.e. @Arcus , @DragonSlayer2 , @fallow , @grunttactics , @hose , @mad_wookiee , @peteparkerh , @spidysox , @tom , etc.). I hope all is well with you and yours. Hopefully we can get together one of these dazed days at a mutually convenient gaming venue.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 2nd, 2015, 05:50 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am still around, just not nearly as much as I would like to be. Spidysox and I still get together on occasion but I haven't been in contact with anyone else for some time. It would be great to get a game day together at some point. Maybe once the new Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers releases? I would love to do another Heroscape tournament too but my schedule just never seems to line up.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:09 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I ain't dead yet. I started back to school full time last year and between that, working full time, and getting a divorce life has been pretty chaotic. I keep an eye on this thread and if the stars align properly Hosey and I will get back down that way sometime again.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 10:56 PM

Whoohoo... there will be celebration in Whoville tonight. I glad to hear that at least three of you aren't "dead yet" either. I know that each of us is busy with our own issues of "random weirdness" as CC used to say, but let's make an effort to keep in touch with an occasional update.

"Fare thee well, where ever thou fares, until thy aeries receive thee at thy journey's end." ~Gandalf

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 3rd, 2015, 07:56 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not dead either...

Just busier than ever before.

And my interest in Heroscape is all but nil at the moment. I'd still love to get together with the gang for other games though.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:08 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice to hear from some of the old guard! Hose, my sympathies on the divorce. Spidy, I can understand the waning interest in scape. Tom, you'll be happy to know that your legend continues. Xanth and I have taken up Dreadball. After going undefeated in the first two tournaments, Xanth looks at me and says, " your like Tom now"

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 6th, 2015, 05:56 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Tom, you'll be happy to know that your legend continues. Xanth and I have taken up Dreadball. After going undefeated in the first two tournaments, Xanth looks at me and says, " your like Tom now"
Ha! You just made me laugh out loud on a crowded train on my way to work. Thanks!
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:02 PM

For all of you guys waiting for the new WotC/HasBORG fiasco to hit the street (and you know who you are), I just discovered a Tom Vassel - Dice Tower video that compares "Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers" to "Heroscape." It's a great video because he crams a lot of info into just 11 minutes and it's been edited well for a change ... check it out here:

OR type this into your browser: ("http://youtu.be/3Tc8L8t-bfs")

Old July 17th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Haven't said hello in a long time. I'm looking to get together a group to play Memoir 44 Overlord version on Saturday July 25th in the early afternoon. I'm available in the morning to try other things or teach Memoir 44. Let me know if you are interested.

EVENT: Memoir 44 Overlord
WHERE: Reading, PA area
DATE: Saturday July 25th
TIME: 1pm to ? (we can get together earlier to play other things or learn Memoir 44)
EXPERIENCE: No experience necessary. Most people will have never played
COST: Free
PRIZES: None

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old July 17th, 2015, 10:45 PM

Hi @peteparkerh
Welcome back. That sounds like a great learning experience. I've only played M'44 once and that was several years ago. But I did recently acquire a copy at a Barnes & Noble clearance sale, so I have access to the rules and figures, etc. How familiar are you with the game to be teaching newbies? Too bad @chas can't make it out to Reading next weekend or at least give you some pointers. I know he participated in a huge multiplayer D-Day scenario in Manhattan on June 6th.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events