Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Taelord or Raelin?

I have a slight dilemma. For our upcoming game day, we decided on 700 points, so herocape ashigaru (member) can use his lovely delicate little Elven Wizards. I have no idea what the other 2 guys are using. I'm using
  1. Snipers x2
  2. Sentinels x2
  3. Agent Carr (why not?)
So now I can't decide. Do I take SotM Raelin (for Sentinel and Sniper Help) and Zetacron (for MORE range) or do I take Taelord, for helping the Snipers, and the occasional Sentinel. The Glyph pool is (not good with names):
  • Common Attack
  • Attack
  • Brandar
  • Move
  • Defense
The map is just a bunch of pieces thrown together into a 4 way symetrical map. The Glyphs will be placed:
  • 4 between each players start zone and the next one's over.
  • 1 in the middle.
Taelord or Raelin/Zetacron?
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker
Re: Taelord or Raelin?

Well, if you do well with glyph grabbing (and I don't see why that army wouldn't) then I don't see a reason for Taelord especially with your other options.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old July 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM

phantomclone has disabled reputation

Instead of Carr get the KMA, who can hold glyphs AND punish! As far as Raelin(I'm assuming ROTV) and Taelord, I would go with Raelin just to beef up the Sentinals as my front line, once you have your enemies tied down rain on them with KMA and Snipers! You could hold glyphs with the Sentinals as well, but without range it's a danger, and they are better off taking advantage of their Flying, trying to engage your enemies possibly with heigth.

Never smell what you can hear????
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

With both the attack and the common attack glyph out there, you don't need Taelord. Instead, do what phantomclone said and switch Agent Carr for the Krav for some more range and glpyh grabbing.

Then keep Zetacron if you'd like, but instead of using the SOTM Raelin, get more defense from ROTV Raelin and use less points... You should have 40 points left over... Sounds like the deathreavers would be another great option to grab glyphs, hold them, and annoy (since the Sentinels of Jandar are a bit slow).

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Embrace the Taelord.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:52 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomclone View Post
Instead of Carr get the KMA, who can hold glyphs AND punish! As far as Raelin(I'm assuming ROTV) and Taelord, I would go with Raelin just to beef up the Sentinals as my front line, once you have your enemies tied down rain on them with KMA and Snipers! You could hold glyphs with the Sentinals as well, but without range it's a danger, and they are better off taking advantage of their Flying, trying to engage your enemies possibly with heigth.
No, I mean SotM as my post says.
Cosmosis, actually the glyphs are within 6 spaces but the map is hilly, that I know.
SS, no.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If it's a free-for-all (as opposed to 2 v 2) I'd strongly recommend against Taelord. He's a bullet magnet - all three of your foes will be leaping over one another in hopes of killing him. So of the choices listed I'd go Raelin / Zetacron.

~Aldin, who would be tempted to skip Carr for Tor-Kul-Na + 2xNagrubs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Torky and 2x Nagrubs...hmm... Thats right, I read whats after Aldin's post!
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomclone View Post
No, I mean SotM as my post says.
Cosmosis, actually the glyphs are within 6 spaces but the map is hilly, that I know.
SS, no.

Right, but Taelord himself can only grab 1 glyph at a time. With the deathreavers, you have a potential to grab 4 at a time! With a defense of 4 as well, they can stand up pretty well (and if shot at by normal attacks then they get to move even more).

On another thought, since the Sentinels and Snipers are both JANDAR squads, perhaps you could find a way to work in Sir Gilbert with KoW/MacDirk Warriors. That way, you get bonding (so 5 figures move) and Sir Gilbert's special ability for more movement. Way to mobilize an army (not to mention Sir Gilbert's attack aura will help your melees).

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Raelin,but you have squads. You will be blown away by Jorhdawn so kill her quickly.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

In every game I've playtested with this team, Jorhdawn is useless because I don't clump. Simple as that.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

IMO, I'd go with Raelin and Zetacron. Every game he's been involved with in my group Taelord has been a bullet magnet and gets cut down fairly quickly. That's a pretty expensive shield.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion