Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:23 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Sentinels of Jandar

The Book of Sentinels of Jandar
Jandar's Oath - Collection 3 - Monks and Guards

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: These powerful warriors from Nostralund are extremely loyal to their General and Archkyrie Jandar. They are the backbone of Jandaršs army or what is left of it. Each Sentinel of Jandar has a mighty shield crafted by Jandaršs blacksmith, Kaintar. After Kaintar completes a shield he dips it in the Wellspring near Caelios. This magical water enchants the shield with an incredible power. With these enchanted Shields of Valor the Sentinels are able to fend of blows more effectively, blocking more attacks than should be possible. (Hasbro)
    The Sentinels of Jandar's official height is 6. A running change was made to the cards. Stay tuned for an Errata section for card fixes. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
    As Sentinels, the Sentinels of Jandar may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

- SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
    As a Squad that follows Jandar, Sentinels of Jandar may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.

- ATLAGA THE KYRIE WARRIOR: Kyrie Leadership: Belonging to the kyrie race, the Protectors of Ullar may benefit from ATLAGA's Kyrie Leadership Movement bonus, which allows any kyrie you control to move 1 extra space.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    * Having a Valiant personality, Sentinels of Jandar may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Sentinels of Jandar- Though sometimes nearly invincible, the Sentinels have too weak of an attack for such an expensive squad. B-

Sentinels
Too Powerful? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1126
And Luck? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1970
Unit Strategy Review

Unit Strategy Review
Note: While the selling labels is "Monks and Guards," the Sentiels of Jandar are not guards by HeroScape designation.

Last edited by R˙chean; January 18th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wish I had a 5th set . Seriously, these guys are tough as nails. I've never, ever seen them perform poorly. I probably fear them more than any other squad just cause they are a pain in the butt to kill. Pair them with Raelin and they get even tougher. If only they were able to bond with Concan.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old May 17th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
What I like is the valiant... the can make the 4th Mass extremely tough, making this a deadly combo if used right. They're as tough as nails.

Old May 17th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I played one squad of Sentinels tonight in my Valiant Army and three times in a row rolled exactly zero shields on defense! I was stunned (and defeated).
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I played one squad of Sentinels tonight in my Valiant Army and three times in a row rolled exactly zero shields on defense! I was stunned (and defeated).
Been there. Died that!
But I think I have your sob story beat. My three Sentinels died to 1 skull from Reavers!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=2264&start=0
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Deadeye Dan can pick these guys off from a distance, since they can't roll defense against his special. Also, since they are so slow, it could take up to 3 turns to get to Dan.
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Please forgive me if this has been discussed. I searched the thread as best I could. Simply put, the Sentinels have the potential to defend against a strike of 8 skulls? Ie if they roll 4 shields it counts as 8?

Thanks.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
Please forgive me if this has been discussed. I searched the thread as best I could. Simply put, the Sentinels have the potential to defend against a strike of 8 skulls? Ie if they roll 4 shields it counts as 8?

Thanks.
Yes. That's exactly what their special means.
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Or 24, if they're on extreme height, backed by RotV Raelin, a Mindshackled RotV Raelin, and someone is standing on the Jalgard glyph.

But that's kinda rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:46 PM

sachsen Woo who?
Simply put, their defense rocks, their attack is OK, but their movement is so dang slow (AND they don't bond with their hero.)

I love them, but I rarely can find a good use for them other than a defensive barrier to other areas or figures I want to protect. Honestly, their best benefit is the frustration they cause to your opponent when he spends turn after turn trying to kill them and can't thanks to their great defense. Can buy you valuable time in attacking your opponent elsewhere while the Sentinels hold down the fort, so to speak. I don't expect them to kill enough figures to equal their points, but they can earn their points back in other ways.
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:48 PM

sachsen Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
Thanks. I'll make these guys my Krug busters.
Hmmm... good strategy. Surround Krug with at least three of them and he won't want to run away (and take disengagement strikes) more than once or twice or he'll be too close to death. Then they can hit him and take him out when he's up to 6 or 7 wounds.
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
They're tough, but I wouldn't recommend them as Krug busters, nor do I think they do their best work against any heroes with high attack levels. It's easy to get overconfident about their defensive capabilities, but somebody with a 6 attack or higher will take them out pretty quickly-- at least, that's been my experience. I mean, they're better than average against Krug, but I'd rather have 4 Knights on him or 3 Warriors of Ashra than 3 Sentinels.

I think the Sentinels are really good for taking the high ground away from your opponent's ranged units. They may be slow, but they can get up to those peaks faster than almost any non-flyers, and once they've got the high ground, it's a huge pain in the a$$ to knock 'em down when they're rolling 5 defense dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units