Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - set 12 (5/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Fantastic Customs I really like the use of D&D figures. Ticalla snakes lookgreat and really fit the Aquilla theme. Excellent Job
Thanks! The snakes are the one squad I'm a bit lax about in terms of the figures looking similar enough to be a squad. Ideally they would be different poses of the same snake. But hey, they're all snakes and about the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Those slaads and bullywugs look really interesting both looks-wize and staats-wize. Did you do any repainting for them? Edit: Nevermind. I just saw the notes under the bullywugs.
Only minor repainting, really. They look ok as is, but I'm a stickler for looks. I painted them the same shade of green and made their armor the same color.

Quote:
Regarding Silv’t: Where Chaos Bolt SA says, “Silv’t may attack any figure within 5 line of sight spaces with Chaos Bolt Special Attack, even if it is engaged with a figure.” I assume the “it” refers to Silv’t (It’s the only thing that makes sense since no one would normally question the legality of being able to target a figure if it was engaged) but I think “he” (or “she”) would make that more clear than “it”. On my first read “it” seemed to refer back to the gender neutral “figure”.
You are right when you guess that slaads are genderless. They reproduce by implanting ... uh, eggs I guess in other living creatures. However, if the wording is a bit confusing (and I agree), it's probably worth changing to "he" or rewriting. In this case I think I'll just replace "it" with "Silv't". Thanks for the critical eye.

Quote:
Regarding Father Maleck: I really like the mechanics of Convert - whereby the Rev. creates his own synergy - and the vast resultant possibilities to consider. I think that type of mechanic is really fun and should be used more often!
The vast resultant possibilities is why that sort of mechanic is rarely used, and it has me worried too. I specifically made Convert not work for soulborgs because high-defense low-life is common for them. I tested the army with Raelin to see if she broke the build, but really not at all for a couple of reasons. 1) The OoD wants to be very mobile with Warp Armor, so auras don't work well. 2) Sacrificing an OoD to save Raelin is oddly counter-productive. You lose a 6-defense figure when a 3-defense figure is hit. Since your opponent's goal of killing Raelin is to be able to more easily kill the rest of your figures, sacrificing them to save Raelin doesn't make any sense.

If anyone can think of a game-breaking combination with Convert and Sacrifice, please let me know.
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:51 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post

If anyone can think of a game-breaking combination with Convert and Sacrifice, please let me know.
I really can't think of anything currently insurmountable. Melee figures would need to waste OMs to keep them close so the greatest opportunity would come from someone who could camp out; good thing Q9 and Zetacron are off the list. Long rangers like Lagalor, Skahen, Syvvaris etc. have too few attacks. Neilfheim and Braxis' range are too short to be able to camp. And anyways, in all those cases a rat shield would probably be more efficient.

Although, the stickler is that there's always the possibility of a future figure that's not an Undead, Soulborg, or Construct, that will break him (there's maybe already something in the C3G; I'll have to head over there next). I made a similar mechanic some time ago (Deputize) and nerfed it by restricting the race and army card cost that could be affected. Something along those lines could reduce the possibility of future conflicts, but that's not to say there's any immediate need to change him.

While considering different heroes, I thought the image of Brunak converting and carrying around a Dagonite as a meat shield was kind of comical.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:31 PM

PikminToo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well done indead!!!!
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - set 13 (5/31)

Thanks PikminToo!

Today's set finishes off virtual wave 4. I wish I could claim that the Massgrave Zombie is my creation; it was a gift for me made by my sister. While the figure mod was hers, the card is my own design.
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM

RageTrilogy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I checked out those guards and the preist, and could you make a card for the guy with the big flag. Maby he could have a power boost for devote people within like 6 spaces or something
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageTrilogy View Post
I checked out those guards and the preist, and could you make a card for the guy with the big flag. Maby he could have a power boost for devote people within like 6 spaces or something
Despite the flag guy being a gorgeous sculpt, I didn't make a custom for him for a number of reasons. First, Vydar already has a flagbearer. Nothing wrong with having another guy holding a flag, but I didn't think another one was needed. Secondly, the figure didn't really fit my reinterpretation of the faction. It's a perfect match for a fantasy-based group of holy knights, but less so for a mysterious religious sect that works in the shadows. Lastly, and most importantly, auras are a natural thing for flagbearer-types, but the Order of Dagon does not work well with auras. They are a mobile group, despite the slow movement, and rely on being able to warp into the enemy's ranks.

In the end, making something for the figure would end up feeling forced to me. You are more than welcome to come up with your own custom, however. I'll even make the card if you like.

Last edited by Scytale; June 2nd, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM

Re: Scytale's customs - set 14 (6/2)

This set kicks off my 5th and final virtual wave. I wouldn't necessarily say I've saved the best for last (mostly because I don't know what I would label as my best), but I saved some of the really good ones. The zulus in particular look great on the battlefield and are a blast to play.
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Re: Scytale's customs - set 14 (6/2)

Wow.
Looks like I'm going to be doing some ebay hunting for some figures in the near future.
Thanks for helping keep the flame burning.

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Re: Scytale's customs - set 15 (6/6)

Thanks Roufus! Always nice to hear positive feedback.

New set today, featuring some new agents, a band of mercenaries, and a viper repaint.
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:39 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Something got lost in translation with the Slanec Vipers. Under Frenzy it says "After you take a turn the Slanec Vipers," but it should be "After you take a turn with Slanec Vipers"

I'm curious what guided you to give them 1 ranged shot only (+ any frenzies) instead of letting all of them shoot. I'm, admittedly, not always the best at seeing the true value of a unit, but it seems to me that their being unique coupled with their reduced at-range potential makes other ranged squads (even a single common one) or additional Venocs always a better choice. I feel like the answer must lie in their superior threat range since that's really what sets them apart from other ranged options, but I'm interested to know your thought process in the creation of this squad.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Something got lost in translation with the Slanec Vipers. Under Frenzy it says "After you take a turn the Slanec Vipers," but it should be "After you take a turn with Slanec Vipers"
Good catch.

Quote:
I'm curious what guided you to give them 1 ranged shot only (+ any frenzies) instead of letting all of them shoot. I'm, admittedly, not always the best at seeing the true value of a unit, but it seems to me that their being unique coupled with their reduced at-range potential makes other ranged squads (even a single common one) or additional Venocs always a better choice. I feel like the answer must lie in their superior threat range since that's really what sets them apart from other ranged options, but I'm interested to know your thought process in the creation of this squad.
Range + Frenzy has already been done with the Aubriens. I wanted to distinguish them somehow. Yes, making it a special attack vs a normal attack is a difference by itself, but not a huge one. By making it so that they only get one ranged attack per activation really does make them play differently than Aubriens and much more like Venocs. In fact, they play exactly like a more advanced version of Venocs. They're not a ranged unit and don't play as such, they are a melee strike unit that often gets an extra attack at range.

Pricing is a tougher question. Is the 2 defense and singular-use ranged special attack worth doubling the price? Is it always better to take two squads of Venocs?
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Re: Scytale's customs - final set (6/9)

This set is the last of my customs, at least for the time being. Valkrill gets a dragon and the primadons tinker with genetic modification and cyborg technology to create super soldiers. The Snowman is just me having some silly fun.

I know it's been a whole lot of stuff, but I hope people have enjoyed checking out these units. I certainly enjoyed creating them. Thanks once again to everyone for their comments and suggestions!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards