Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nakita Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Smoke powder works once per attack, not for the entire turn. The other squaddie could attack her.
Look again.

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Smoke powder works once per attack, not for the entire turn. The other squaddie could attack her.
It's my understanding that smoke powder works for the duration of the attacking figure's turn (i.e. it would affect the other squaddies).

Anyway, my question wasn't about whether or not the other squaddies could attack. In the case I'm talking about, the other squaddy is adjacent to the agent. My question is whether smoke powder would prevent the agent from benefiting from Raelin's aura.
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I didn't see anything.

Suppose I have a ranged squad attacking a Nakita agent, with one member of my squad being adjacent to the agent, and one not. Suppose also that my opponent has Raelin, and the agent I'm attacking is in Raelin's aura.

Let's say that my non adjacent squad member attempts to attack the agent, and the agent successfully roles for smoke powder. My question is that when I attempt to attack the agent with my other squad member, does the agent still benefit from Raelin's aura? Since smoke powder effectively removes her hit zone, can Raelin still see her?

Padlock, yes, Raelin can still see the Nakita Agent. Smoke Powder only removes the hit zone (the red part). Clear sight doesn't require the hit zone to be seen, any part of the figure will do.

Megasilver, you didn't read the question and you are wrong. Smoke Powder lasts for the duration of the targeting figure's turn. That includes its squad mates.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Look again.

Ninja'd before post, sorry. I thought targeting figures' turns was for self, not the entire squad.

MegaSilver
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Quote:

Suppose I have a ranged squad attacking a Nakita agent, with one member of my squad being adjacent to the agent, and one not. Suppose also that my opponent has Raelin, and the agent I'm attacking is in Raelin's aura.

Let's say that my non adjacent squad member attempts to attack the agent, and the agent successfully roles for smoke powder. My question is that when I attempt to attack the agent with my other squad member, does the agent still benefit from Raelin's aura? Since smoke powder effectively removes her hit zone, can Raelin still see her?

Padlock, yes, Raelin can still see the Nakita Agent. Smoke Powder only removes the hit zone (the red part). Clear sight doesn't require the hit zone to be seen, any part of the figure will do.

Megasilver, you didn't read the question and you are wrong. Smoke Powder lasts for the duration of the targeting figure's turn. That includes its squad mates.
Thanks for the response. So, as long as Raelin can see the agent's gun, the agent still benefits from the aura. I suppose that means that in a case where Raelin could see the agent's head but not the gun, then the aura wouldn't apply, is that right?
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the response. So, as long as Raelin can see the agent's gun, the agent still benefits from the aura. I suppose that means that in a case where Raelin could see the agent's head but not the gun, then the aura wouldn't apply, is that right?
No, removing the red area essentially just changes it to gray.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Got it. Thanks!
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

No, imagine that smoke powder turns the nakita's hit zone gray like their guns. Since Raelin is using a power that only requires clear sight, she can still target any part of the nakita.

Edit- Ninja'ed
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The other squad member that is adjacent will be able to attack because you don't need LOS for adjacent attacks. Also, Raelin would boost the Nikita because the defense aura doesn't need LOS, just "Clear Line of Sight."

Edit: WAY nijna'ed

Old August 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I have discovered that the Nakita agents + Krav Maga Agents = a major force to be reckoned with!

Keep the Krav Maga adjacent to the Nakita as much as possible and they are nearly invincible. And with proper positioning, the opponent's melee attackers would have to move adjacent to the Nakitas to be able to attack the Krav Maga! PWNage!
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I have discovered that the Nakita agents + Krav Maga Agents = a major force to be reckoned with!

Keep the Krav Maga adjacent to the Nakita as much as possible and they are nearly invincible. And with proper positioning, the opponent's melee attackers would have to move adjacent to the Nakitas to be able to attack the Krav Maga! PWNage!
Braxas, Sudema and Deadeye Dan would like a word with you.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; February 1st, 2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Adding Laglor and Raelin to the above strategy can get really sick if those 3 and Special Attackers aren't around...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units