Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 2nd, 2024, 08:08 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I like that you used the British spelling of "Judgement" for Dredd. Cute touch.
I wish I could say that was intentional. I have a weird habit of sometimes utilizing British spelling in my writings.

So now that I do some research, even the British legal system often drops the "e" in favor of "judgment". Before I change it on Dredd's card, I hope @Tornado can weigh in to see how it's usually written in the Judge Dredd comics.

Help us, Obi Won Tornado, you're our only hope.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 09:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Heh, that is normal spelling to me from all the 2000AD I have read.

Old March 3rd, 2024, 02:03 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Excellent! "Colour" me excited because "Judgement" it is.
Old March 19th, 2024, 12:21 AM
Captain Underpants

New "official" Heroscape will not derail the custom train. The HelmAverse continues to grow with quite a bit of new designs working their way through the Helm family process. These next two had to get released as a pair. I agreed to let the characters join the HelmAverse after we received several new Mortal Kombat themed holiday gifts including an Arcade1Up machine that we put together right next to our Heroscape table. Lil'Helm reminded me that the kombatants crossed over in the Injustice video games, they have appeared in comic books, and of course they have super powers. Then he showed me how the C3G provided a tutorial on easy paint mods of inexpensive foot ninja heroclix. Well, I gave him my blessing and he already had the skeleton designs laid out. Now after a few months of playtests, we get the two most iconic MK characters entering the HelmAverse.

Edit: Updated Scorpion's Spear Special Attack to include the line about figure's not taking engagement attacks.

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 20th, 2024 at 10:22 PM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:06 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. I like you resisted using Get over Here for a title.

On Sub Zero's second SA that does not trigger the slide and attack again does it?
For the Ice Defense, they are frozen for that figure's turn or the player's turn?

Not sure I remember seeing a defensive OM removal power before, that is pretty clever.

I dig that background art. Nice work.
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:04 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If it were me, I'm not sure I would've been able to resist.

I was always more of a Street Fighter kid myself, but these look fun. Nice work!
Old March 20th, 2024, 10:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

On Sub Zero's second SA that does not trigger the slide and attack again does it?
For the Ice Defense, they are frozen for that figure's turn or the player's turn?

Not sure I remember seeing a defensive OM removal power before, that is pretty clever.

I dig that background art. Nice work.
Neither I, nor Lil'Helm, wanted to see "Get over here" on the card. With that said, we do make it a house rule that the player must say "Get over here!" when they pull off the move.

On Sub-Zero's attack, the key is that the first part says chose a "non-adjacent" figure to attack and then follow it with the slide and second attack to the same figure... who is now adjacent. Therefore there shouldn't be a chance to continue the loop with another slide and attack.

The Ice Defense freezes them for their own turn. For most figures it may not matter for this turn but the loss of OM could be their lone penalty for being frozen. If you are a fellow Kombatant like Scorpion though, it could mean you are frozen after your first attack and therefore you lose the double attack opportunity. The same could happen to a TMNT who is trying their Special Attack.

The one HelmAverse figure who seems thematically wonky would be Green Goblin since he gets a second turn. Therefore freezing him on his first turn could result in a loss of OM but yet he still gets to take his second turn on the first activated OM. If this ever happens I explain that the freeze effect to his glider took some time to really jam him up.

The background art was all Lil'Helm. My art involvement stops after the custom paint job. The photos don't do these guys justice in my opinion. The black wash came out so heroscapey in real life with my natural eyes that are no longer 20/20.

As for Sherman's comment, I was a Marvel vs. Capcom guy over MK so yeah, Street Fighter was more my speed I guess. But after Injustice which is basically a DC comics version of MK, I was swayed to the other side. The MK guys are just more superhero-like than the Street Fighter bunch.
Old March 24th, 2024, 09:44 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Thanks, Sherman, that's the greatest compliment we could ever ask for. To know that our Galactus is welcome in the Shermanverse is pretty darn awesome.

And yes 'Nado, he is formidable. We had to continue to whittle down his stats until we could finally get to a point where we felt he was balanced in a 1000 point army when teamed with Silver Surfer or Terrax. I'm a little biased but I think he turned out more fun to play with than I even anticipated. I knew he would be fun to play against as his Special Attack serves as a countdown of sorts.

And as for quozl's request, here you go.

And for anybody interested, here's the link to the 3D printed model on thingiverse. He came out a nice sale and so light in weight that his center of gravity is perfect when mounted on a double base.
Hi Matt and family,
I've found someone local to me who can 3D print one of these for me, but he's asking what size I want it. Could you let me know what size to tell him? I'm having major work done to the house at the moment so had no gaming space since November, but I'd like to get a game with the mighty Galactus at some point soon.
Congrats on all the new updates coming out.
Old March 24th, 2024, 09:48 AM

Streaky!!
Great to see a post from you.
Looks like about the same height as a jungle tree.
Old March 24th, 2024, 11:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Hi Matt and family,
I've found someone local to me who can 3D print one of these for me, but he's asking what size I want it. Could you let me know what size to tell him? I'm having major work done to the house at the moment so had no gaming space since November, but I'd like to get a game with the mighty Galactus at some point soon.
Congrats on all the new updates coming out.
Streaky, my man, good to hear from you. I hope you and lil'Streak are doing well.

I spoke to my nephew that is in charge of HelmAverse manufacturing (aka my 3D printer connection) and asked him about the settings for Galactus' print.

He says that for Galactus he printed him at the default setting already set in the thingiverse file. He comes out at around 5 7/8 inches or 15 cms tall. He made ours at 30% infill which makes him solid but light. He recommends using "tree supports" touching build plate, rather than the basic supports.

Let me know how he comes out. And if your friend is generous to print you up another, I'll give you a sneak peek to another figure we have coming in the near future via PM.
Old March 25th, 2024, 08:19 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool, exciting to see more.
Old March 29th, 2024, 06:59 PM
Captain Underpants

Here's a "little" one by Lil'Helm that we can finally share.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations