Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 1st, 2017, 11:47 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

On a fun sidenote, what is the best (thematically closest) enemy to pit him up against?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 1st, 2017, 07:22 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Second round of playtests pitted Garin against Major Q9

He was pitifully outclassed, putting his points ceiling around 160.
110 - 160, narrowing it down.

Theme is juicy when he scrambles to get out of close combat.
It's neat that he needs both range and height.

Out of three games, powder never came into effect. Perhaps numbers need jiggering.
Then again, there are plenty of official HS cards that revolve around low probability effects.

Old August 4th, 2017, 10:46 PM

To update for those joining in, basically the only thing that's left is Points value.

110 - 160

Pinning it down. Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Edit: Yo! Check this idea:

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 2 + Special.
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed.

- This way the player is encouraged to hold onto markers

Old August 5th, 2017, 01:10 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed.

I like it. But if we go that route, I think there needs to be a cap. Like to a maximum of three on him at one time or three used at one time
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK

I like it. But if we go that route, I think there needs to be a cap. Like to a maximum of three on him at one time or three used at one time
The cap is him leaving the battle

But let's see what it looks like:
SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed, to a maximum of 2 dice removed.

Old August 6th, 2017, 12:19 AM

Barry allen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK

The cap is him leaving the battle

But let's see what it looks like:
SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove 1 or more black powder markers from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack and all affected figures subtract 1 defense die for each black powder marker removed, to a maximum of 2 dice removed.

160 for points would fit best IMO.

Oh and Btw...
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p173543.html
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:16 PM

No offense, but I don't care for that figure at all.

I thought lead had an idea for the figure from the onset?

GET THE BLACK POWDER
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. After the attack, William Garin may attack up to two additional times.

Last edited by Confred; August 6th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:39 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't care for the figure either. Barry on-the-go lead on this on @Confred .

What about this one
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p114718.html
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I don't care for the figure either. Barry on-the-go lead on this on @Confred .

What about this one
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p114718.html
I see
That's better
I wonder if searching for Asian, Oriental, Samurai, Chinese, etc would help

Old August 9th, 2017, 07:34 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have done several searches and found nothing else I really like. Personally I will just use Brandis Skyhunter myself.
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:51 PM

Small playtest - Was evenly matched against Alastair McDirk, which is 110 Points - but no walls were involved.

POINTS 130 - 150

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:11 PM

So 140...I'm a happy middle kind of guy.

What about this for a mini
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineSto...er/price/02292

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum