Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 5th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Red Lantern (Rankorr)

The Book of Red Lantern (Rankorr)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 76
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: RED SCARE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Rankorr.

Character Bio - Jack Moore was not apparently an angry man. He repressed his rage for years, burying it as far down as he could. But all that rage was brought to the surface when a red power ring found him and inducted him into the Red Lantern Corps as its first human Red Lantern. He took the name 'Rankorr' after joining the Corps.

Unlike most of his fellow Red Lanterns, Jack was able to both retain his intellect without being baptized in the blood of Ysmault, and use his ring to create constructs. These abilities made him a strategically valuable member of the Corps, though a somewhat reluctant one at first. He often tries to keep a level head, but can be provoked to rage as any Red Lantern.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arch-vile
    --change to Rage of Rankorr -> slower marker cooldown--
  • Third playtest: Arch-vile
  • Fourth playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Fifth playtest: Arkham
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Rankorr created by Peter Milligan and Ed Benes
  • Comic art by Ed Benes and Nathan Eyring

Last edited by japes; January 27th, 2022 at 12:54 AM.
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Rankorr) (Design)

NAME = RED LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = JACK MOORE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RAVAGER
PERSONALITY = REPRESSED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 280

RED POWER BATTERY 1
Start the game with 1 red Battery Marker on this card. Add one to Red Lantern's Move and Attack numbers for each red Battery Marker on this card.

BURNING TOUCH
After taking a turn with Red Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure and remove one red Battery Marker from this card to inflict a wound on that figure.

RAGE OF RANKORR
Whenever Red Lantern receives one or more wounds, if there is no more than 1 red Battery Marker on this card, you may immediately place 3 red Battery Markers on this card. At the end of each round, if there is more than 1 red Battery Marker on this card, remove 1 red Battery Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Ronin; October 10th, 2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Symbiotic

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; September 3rd, 2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Symbiotic

One thing I was planning to change here after the LCW (but forgot) was that I was going to make it so that Rage of Rankorr either
-only added 2 markers, or
-added up to a ceiling of 3 total markers

To give him a ceiling of 7 attack instead of 8.

I'll hit that when the breathing period is up. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction here.

Worth mentioning early that I don't have mini pics here, but I know Ark and/or Scapey have the mini.
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:46 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I can get mini pics next week.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking good. Toned down enough to appease my concerns from the Last Chance Workshop.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Though we were going to go with the "no more than one" language on Rage of Rankorr
Old June 5th, 2019, 11:20 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Though we were going to go with the "no more than one" language on Rage of Rankorr
I don't really know what you expect the language to be there, but I don't feel it's unclear and it isn't ungrammatical. It's currently using 'no more than one', so....

If you have a specific suggestion on how to word the power, I'm all ears. Or, uh, I guess eyes, as the case may be. But you're gonna have to type it out for me.
Old June 6th, 2019, 12:03 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

....I blame tired eyes and stress...carry on.
Old June 6th, 2019, 04:10 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Wow that is kinda a borderline... adult film name on this dude. Hope his middle name isn't Off.

Anywho, just wanted to stop into say it might be worth testing him with wound transfer type stuff like Red Skull or whatnot. Anything where you can get a sort of steady trickle of wounds on him.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 6th, 2019, 07:27 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I can get mini pics next week.
Cool. I'm actually gonna ping @Arkham because he might already have pics (or even cards) here - I think he was working way ahead on the Reds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
....I blame tired eyes and stress...carry on.
Sorry for the sharp tone there; looking back over it, my post reads a little harsher than intended.

Glad we're on the same page, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Wow that is kinda a borderline... adult film name on this dude. Hope his middle name isn't Off.
Stuff like this is exactly why he has so much repressed rage, I'll bet.

Quote:
Anywho, just wanted to stop into say it might be worth testing him with wound transfer type stuff like Red Skull or whatnot. Anything where you can get a sort of steady trickle of wounds on him.
Yeah, that's a good thought. I'll admit I didn't fully think self-wounding through, but I like it in there now that I've had the chance to consider it - not at all unthematic for a friendly Red to take a shot at him to get his anger up.

-------

General poll: I'd like to take his attack ceiling down to 7. He can get up to 8 Attack right now if he has a marker and Rage of Rankorr gets triggered - 4 base attack + 4 markers.

Would people prefer to see that done by...

A. Lowering his Attack number by 1.
B. Changing RoR so that it only gives him 2 batteries.
C. Changing RoR so that it puts up to a maximum of 3 batteries on the card.
D. Changing RoR so that it only works when there are no batteries on his card.

Those are listed in order of preference for me. Open to thoughts from anyone.

Last edited by Ronin; June 6th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old June 6th, 2019, 08:02 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

He's just a normal when he isn't raging so 3 attack seems good. A

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library