Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Scarecrow - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidicul View Post
Griff I'm not sure I agree with you that Insane figures should be completly imune to to the fear gas. Joker is rewally the only one I've never seen with any kind of fear in him for anything. I'll admit that normally he manages to get past his fear but I have seen Deadpool show some fear before. I see Androids as the only figures that would truly be immune to it.
It isn't just the fear aspect, it is also their immunity to poison.

Immune to Poison

Harley Quinn
Joker
Deadpool
Poison Ivy
Green Goblin
Creeper

Immune to Fear

Joker
Green Goblin
Creeper
I forgot to consider the immune to poison. Of course we could also end up with an insane figure that isn't immune to fear or poison, but then again there some outside of that faction that I don't see this effecting without complicated wording or just plain making a list on the card. That is by no means a suggestion. OK with that I'm good with Android/Insane immunity to the power.
Old February 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

DRIVEN BY FEAR?

I understand that Fear Affected figures should not be able to not attack Scarecrow always, but how about this:
"Figures affected by Fear Gas cannot attack Scarecrow if they could attack a different figure."

Also, and this could get messy, just throwing it out there, what if each time an Order Marker was revealed on the card, every player could roll the d-20 for the opportunity to take a turn with the affected card. This could add more to the "mindless rage" aspect.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; February 16th, 2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Wording
Old February 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not really sure I like Scarecrow as "Insane." I mean, yeah, he's a little off-base, but he seems to have his act together most of the time. If Two-Face isn't a part of the Insane faction, Scarecrow definitely shouldn't be. If we're against Terrifying (which I agree isn't a perfect fit, particularly if he's a Terrorist, which is perfect), maybe "Inquisitive," since his major goal is to study fear, or "Vengeful," since he also, y'know, likes to take revenge on people?

Otherwise, I like the writeup in tcglkn's post about half an hour ago. I think that Fearless figures should just be immune to Fear Gas, though - I mean, having two different types of immunities in one power just feels clunky, and they are FEARLESS, after all.

Fear Itself is pretty clever, too. So, yeah, looks solid so far.
Old February 16th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Also, if an affected figure is destroyed, what happens to the Fear Marker on its card? Is it out of the game? If it goes back to Scarecrow, it needs to be specified.

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm not really sure I like Scarecrow as "Insane." I mean, yeah, he's a little off-base, but he seems to have his act together most of the time. If Two-Face isn't a part of the Insane faction, Scarecrow definitely shouldn't be. If we're against Terrifying (which I agree isn't a perfect fit, particularly if he's a Terrorist, which is perfect), maybe "Inquisitive," since his major goal is to study fear, or "Vengeful," since he also, y'know, likes to take revenge on people?

Otherwise, I like the writeup in tcglkn's post about half an hour ago. I think that Fearless figures should just be immune to Fear Gas, though - I mean, having two different types of immunities in one power just feels clunky, and they are FEARLESS, after all.

Fear Itself is pretty clever, too. So, yeah, looks solid so far.
How about "Tormenting" for a personality? Doesn't that have official precedent? Gurei-Oni I think.

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just a general comment... YES!! SCARECROW!! I have been waiting for this day.

There, had to get that out of the system.
Old February 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not on the same page as you at all here, Griff. We're probably going to need some polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
  1. I don't think I like him as a Mastermind because IMO he doesn't fit well into the criminal faction as C3G knows it. I would rather see him as a Terrorist and drop his personality as well, because he isn't terrifying really, in fact he is kinda laughable, but he has the ability to cause terror. He is Insane though, and I would love to see that faction added to here. So how about an Insane Terrorist? That would give him synergies with the Insano faction and the Terrorist Faction that I can spoil for you, Ras al Ghul will be significantly adding to. Please make him an Insane Terrorist.
I like him as a Terrifying Mastermind. If he isn't a fit for the Terrifying personality, who in the world is?
And I don't like Terrorist for him at all. He's a Mastermind, Criminal, or even Psychopath, but he doesn't meet the typical associations of Terrorism for me. He has no political agenda. He definitely works for profit. He's a terrorist only in that he deals in fear, but "terrorism" has more socio-political baggage than that and I just don't feel that he matches that baggage. Terrorist would be a fail for me.

Quote:
Fear Gas - I know that having a weakness to people with the "Fearless" personality makes sense, but truthfully, Hal Jordan would absolutely be affected by the Fear Gas, while Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Joker, Deadpool, etc. (Insane) would not be. I think that Androids and figures with the Insane personality should not be affected, and I am on the fence about the -8 for Fearless figures. But please at least update the complete BLOCK by Insane figures. Also, that last line belongs on the Paranoia power, not here. Let people place the markers on Insane figures or Androids if they want to... but when you actually define the affects (on Paranoia) that is when you should state who is not affected.
It absolutely makes sense. Hal would be affected in the current write up of the power, just less so. I think him being more resistant makes complete sense.
I agree that Androids shouldn't be affected.
I'm with Hidicul that the only Insane person I've seen showing resistance to Fear Gas is Joker. I think Harley and Ivy, for instance, absolutely would be affected.

Quote:
Paranoia and Terrifying Presence can be boiled down to one power really. I think you currently have too many affects on just one little marker. The most important affect though is the reduction of attack and defense dice - that is how C3G has defined Fear and Intimidation. Also, if any figure with a fear marker on its card is affected in the ways that you describe, Scarcrow is also vulnerable unless you specifically state that he isn't or unless you go with Insane option that I outlined already.
I agree that lowering attack and defense are the main things that should be represented in a fear power. I have some other ideas for how to handle the affecting Scarecrow or not issue, which I'll cover below.

Quote:
Terrifying Presence is broken if the figure cannot attack Scarcrow. Scarecrow could be the last figure left.
Agreed. A reduced attack and defense - against everybody - is the way to go.
Suggested changes below:

Quote:

NAME = SCARECROW
SECRET IDENTITY = JONATHAN CRANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND or PSYCHOPATH or CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 160

FEAR GAS
Start the game with 3 black Fear Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Scarecrow. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. Subtract 8 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Fearless personality. If you roll an 8 or higher, place a Fear Marker on the chosen figure's card.

FEAR ITSELF
A figure with a Fear Marker on its card has the personality of Fearful, regardless of what is listed on the card. A Fearful figure with a Fear Markers on its card does not consider any other figure to be friendly, including other figures on the same Army Card, and rolls one fewer attack and defense die, to a minimum of one. When an Order Marker is revealed on the card of any figure with the Fearful personality, that figure must attack this turn, if possible. After taking a turn with any figure with a Fear Marker on its card, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-8, remove the Fear Marker from this card and return it to Scarecrow's card. Androids are not affected by Fear Itself.
If that's too much, the line: "When an Order Marker is revealed on the card of any figure with the Fearful personality, that figure must attack this turn, if possible." could be cut to simplify the power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Bats, did you see my list on who should not be affected by POISON Fear Gas?
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I read it and disagreed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Alos, a terrorist doesn't necessarilly have a political agenda. They can just wish to inspire fear and create chaos.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I read it and disagreed.
But those are facts. The figures on that list would not be affected by this Fear Gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Alos, a terrorist doesn't necessarilly have a political agenda. They can just wish to inspire fear and create chaos.
You, me, and the dictionary agree.

–noun

1.a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

3. (formerly) a member of a political group in russia aiming atthe demoralization of the government by terror.

4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The denotation of terrorist is simply one who inspires terror, but the CONNOTATION is of one who inspires terror for a political end. By definition, Batman is a criminal because he acts outside of the law, but you wouldn't put his class as Criminal, y'know?

I wouldn't be too bothered by the use of Terrorist myself, but I can definitely see where someone would be. Criminal might be the safest choice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library