Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: HoME Brainstorming Thread

Hm. That power looks like it could be a major headache to define correctly. What about just an extra attack die when on a shadow space or next to an evergreen or jungle tree?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:50 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
What about just an extra attack die when on a shadow space or next to an evergreen or jungle tree?
I like that.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:58 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Alright, so that would be:
Quote:
NAME = ARAGORN
GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = ARDA
SPECIES = DUNEDAIN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RANGER
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4

DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 100

DUNEDAIN TRACKING
Before the game, choose a unique Army Card in the Opponent's Army. After the chosen Army Card takes a turn, you may move Strider 2 spaces.

WILDERNESS INSTINCTS
When Strider is on a Shadow Space, or when he is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, he receives 1 additional attack die.

RANGER OF THE NORTH
After taking a turn with Strider, if he is unengaged, you may choose an adjacent, unengaged, small or medium friendly figure. Strider and the chosen figure have no visible Hit Zones until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
Since Wilderness Instincts is an offensive power, I dropped him back to 4 attack. We could discuss that change further in Design if we want to move this version forward.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 27th, 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: fixes
Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:45 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Before the game, choose a unique Army Card. After the chosen Army Card takes a turn, you may move Strider 2 spaces.
The way this currently reads, you could choose a unique army card on your own side. Not sure that's what was intended.

Quote:
Since Wilderness Instincts is an offensive power, I dropped him back to 4 attack.
Yes, that makes sense.

Points seem a tad low. Same Life as Drake(RotV) or Sir Denrick, a bit faster with opportunity for extra move than either of those, lower attack than Drake/equal or higher than Denrick, ability to have no visible hit zones at all (even better than Thorian Speed). Suggests a 100-110 range would be better starting point.

Otherwise, I like how Aragorn is shaping up.
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I think we should stay at 90 and drop Ranger of the North. And I prefer the 5 attack to Wilderness Instincts, but I could live with WI.
Old May 26th, 2014, 04:31 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Ranger of the North seems broken? Any friendly unengaged figure? How about friendly unengaged Small or Medium? I don't fancy the likes of Major Q9 or Nilfheim, or later on the Balrog getting protection from this power.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old May 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM

Ha. You're correct. Small or Medium should definitely be in there.

--
--
--

--
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
RANGER OF THE NORTH
After taking a turn with Strider, if he is unengaged, you may choose an adjacent unengaged friendly figure. Strider and the chosen figure have no visible Hit Zones until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
This could be quite nasty in end game play.
I'm wondering if we should consider one of the following:
- make more like Thorion Speed where opponents must be adjacent to attack either Strider or the adjacent figure OR
- make the power active at the end of a round not after the turn (could use marker) and power goes away when you reveal OM on Strider.
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
- make more like Thorion Speed where opponents must be adjacent to attack either Strider or the adjacent figure OR
The power already works this way. You can still be engaged with a figure that doesn't have hit zones, which means you can still attack it in melee.

--
--
--

--
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Alright, so that would be:
Quote:
NAME = ARAGORN
GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = ARDA
SPECIES = DUNEDAIN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RANGER
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4

DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 100

DUNEDAIN TRACKING
Before the game, choose a unique Army Card in the Opponent's Army. After the chosen Army Card takes a turn, you may move Strider 2 spaces.

WILDERNESS INSTINCTS
When Strider is on a Shadow Space, or when he is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, he receives 1 additional attack die.

RANGER OF THE NORTH
After taking a turn with Strider, if he is unengaged, you may choose an adjacent, unengaged, small or medium friendly figure. Strider and the chosen figure have no visible Hit Zones until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
Since Wilderness Instincts is an offensive power, I dropped him back to 4 attack. We could discuss that change further in Design if we want to move this version forward.
Alright, I finally incorporated some of the suggested changes. See the post here.

--
--
--

--
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:29 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Aragorn looks like a well thought-out unit. I also like Wilderness Instincts, really gives him a slight advantage on a lot of maps.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:27 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be able to run some play tests and give a bit of input when I have time next week. In the meantime... How is Aragorn coming? Please excuse my long absence; I'll probably be absent until next week. Just popping in to check on the project.

I like the last version of Strider posted by Cap, but I felt Aragorn would be a Jandar unit.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs