DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:10 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart
Re: Minas Tirith (Photos Added, LOTR)

Wow i am shocked. That map is awesome.

Old July 26th, 2010, 07:15 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Looks great, and should be fun to play. Also, thematically, you also really captured the 'feel' of the castle-storming encounter. But...look out; the LotR nerd in me is rising to the surface!

Minas Tirith is more than just the castle built into (out of?) the mountain. It's supposed to be composed of seven circles which ascend to the fortress at the pinnacle. This would of course require a minimum of 7 FotA just to construct the levels of the climbing city, and one or two more to build the white tower of Ecthelion.

Very few of us, however, have that degree of map-making resource at hand. So, great looking map, and keep up the good work!
Pete knew that all going into the build, but he is limited to the amount of terrain that he had to work with and if you built it as accurately as you can to try and recreate the actual city in the book it would take far more than 7 sets . I can speak from experience with Pete's maps that he always has playability in mind when building them and I can only imagine that this map is eminently playable and I look forward to giving it a go.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:21 PM

I guess you can't please everyone.

Old July 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is what I have so far, let me know what you think....

MINAS TIRITH CAMPAIGN
by Peteparkerh

Introduction

From J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Minas Tirith is the heavily fortified capital of Gondor in the second half of the Third Age. It was originally built to guard the former capital, Osgiliath, from attack from the west, but became the capital when Osgiliath fell into ruin following the Kin-Strife and the Great Plague. It is often referred to as the White City and the City of Kings. The city is currently under a very large and determined attack by the allied forces of Mordor.

Requirements

The Minas Tirith Campaign requires the following Heroscape master and expansion sets to build Minas Tirith:
  • (3) ROTV Master Sets
  • (1) Dungeon and Dragons Maser Set (this can be simulated using two Marvel Master Sets instead)
  • (4) FOTA Sets
  • (2) RTTFF Sets
  • Optional: 1 tree from the Jungle Forrest Set
Set-up
  • Number of Players
    • This campaign can be played by 2 or 4 players (i.e. Two players attacking and two players defending).
    • In a four player game, point totals shown below should be split by players playing the game (i.e. 800 pts would be split into two 400 point armies.)
    • In a four player game, the reinforcement army would only be played by one player with the second player taking control of the full remaining army.
  • Attacking Player(s)
    • Choose a 1,500 point 48 maximum space army. It is suggested that army be composed of Utgar and Vydar. Alternately, it could be composed of Utgar and Einar. These figures are placed on red starting zone shown on the map.
    • In addition, the Attacking Player gets three Catapult represented by the glyphs in the red starting zone. Stats and rules for the Catapults are found later in these rules.
  • Defending Player(s)
    • Choose an 800 point 48 maximum space army. It is suggested that this army is composed of figures from different armies than the Attacking Player. These figures are placed anywhere inside Minas Tirith’s walls.
    • Choose an additional 400 point 24 maximum space reinforcement army. This army may or may not be used depending on how the scenario progresses. If they are used, they will be placed in the green starting zone shown later in these rules.
    • In addition, the Defending Player gets two Trebuchets represented by the glyphs inside the Minas Tirith’s walls. Stats and rules for the Trebuchets are found later in these rules.
  • Reinforcements
    • Once the wall or castle door is breached, the Attacking Player has six (6) complete round to destroy all of the Defending Player’s forces.
    • Before the seventh (7th) round after the breach of the call/door, the defending player places their reinforcement army in green starting zone, shown later in these rules.
  • Victory Conditions
    • Total destruction of the opposing force.
Special Rules
  • Play Order
    • At the beginning of each turn, both players roll the D20 normally to determine initiative.
    • The player with initiative may attack with all of the siege weapons they control (Catapults or Trebuchets).
    • Play proceeds clock-wise around the table until all players have had a chance to fire their siege weapons.
    • Play then proceeds normally with the player with initiative activating their first order marker.
  • Siege Weapons (Catapults and Trebuchets)
    • Siege Weapons, including, may only be fired if a figure from their army is adjacent and there are no non-friendly figures adjacent.
    • Siege Weapons do not need line of sight to attack.
    • Siege Weapons may attack other Siege Weapons
    • Siege Weapons may be attacked normally by all figures during their turn.
    • Once placed, Siege Weapons may not be moved for the duration of the campaign.
  • Grond
    • The attacking figure may place 1 glyph, power side down, under one large or huge figure. This figure gets a +2 attack against the castle door. If this figure is destroyed, the Grond glyph is destroyed with them.
  • Minas Tirith Wall
    • Only the first circle wall of Minas Tirith may be attacked (Wall stats are included later in these rules).
    • This wall may be attacked by all figures and Siege Weapons.
    • If a section of wall is destroyed, it should be removed from the battlefield.
    • If a section of wall is destroyed, figures on top of that wall section are automatically destroyed and removed as well.
  • Extreme Height
    • All figures separated by extreme height are considered to have their hit zones un-seeable and can not be attacked or initiate attack.
  • The White Tree of Gondor
    • Any tree put in the place representing the “White Tree of Gondor” on the top of the board is there only for decoration. No defensive bonus is gained by being near this tree.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; July 26th, 2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixing Grond
Old July 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Re: Minas Tirith (Rules Attached, LOTR)

Well done, Well done. I cant wait to test this map out and battle.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Minas Tirith (Download Available, LOTR)

Ok, the download is now available.

Click here to download

Last edited by peteparkerh; August 3rd, 2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Fixing Download
Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Holy Monkey!!! Now I need to buy another FOTA! Thanks a ton.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I think you should mark which wall sections can be destroyed.
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
I think you should mark which wall sections can be destroyed.
I agree. I will try to add that as well on the next revision. It is basically the whole first castle wall, with the exception of the arch. Some of the sections are on height and would have a +1 modifier on defense.

I'm suprised that there are no comments on the catapult and trebuchet rules. I actually built a trebuchet using Kinex. It actually works (not that you would do that in Heroscape). I'll try to post pictures later.

Old August 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I am going to play this map in about a week after I get a couple games on Lamaclown's Casltevania
Old November 30th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Started the final campaign of my Lord of the Rings Campaigns.

Find the Mines of Moria

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios