Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 14th, 2010, 11:03 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker
DUNESCAPE: DUNE Customs & Army Cards (Rabban &Atreides added

Get out those Sand pieces!

These are just some inital ideas/minis/cards I am fooling about with in order to make some Dune armies which have synergies and are compatible with regular Scape.

I am going to redo the Fedaykin (Fremen), and Feyd, becasue I was not happy with the quality of the cards. Some of the ones here are not the best, but I hope to improve on them later.

HOUSE ATREIDES

PAUL MUAD'DIB (revised)
Spoiler Alert!

ATREIDES HOUSE TROOP
Spoiler Alert!

LETO ATREIDES (Duke Leto I)
Spoiler Alert!

DUNCAN IDAHO
Spoiler Alert!

GURNEY HALLECK
Spoiler Alert!

HOUSE HARKONNEN

GLOSSU RABBAN
Spoiler Alert!

FEYD-RAUTHA
Spoiler Alert!

Harkonnen Footsoldiers:
Spoiler Alert!

BENE GESSERIT:

LADY JESSICA:
Spoiler Alert!

HOUSE CORRINO

Sardaukar Warriors
Spoiler Alert!

FREMEN

Fedaykin Death Commandos
Spoiler Alert!

Forthcoming:
Alia
Stilgar
Chani
Baron Harkonnen
Fenring
Shaddam Corrino IV

Annerios also made some cool Sardaukar customs.

Disclaimer: I have tested some of these, and I am working on tweaking the cost values.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!

Last edited by Boodog; December 3rd, 2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: updated
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM

MagJam Woo who?
Re: DUNEscape

I like the Fear is the Mind Killer-ability! 6 attack is pretty cool but the 6 defense seems a bit much with the vanish like ability he has. That being said, I think your cards look pretty good. You might want to mist Paul's feet a little so he blends into the card. Very nice. Curious though, what figure did you use for Paul?
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagJam View Post
I like the Fear is the Mind Killer-ability! 6 attack is pretty cool but the 6 defense seems a bit much with the vanish like ability he has. That being said, I think your cards look pretty good. You might want to mist Paul's feet a little so he blends into the card. Very nice. Curious though, what figure did you use for Paul?
See the note above the card -- I am a complete newbie at this stuff, so these cards need some work. Paul is the Disciple of Ragnos from Star Wars mini line

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:03 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DUNESCAPE - DUNE custom units and cards

Awesome! I just got done reading Dune for the first time last week. Keep up the good work!

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodog View Post
Quote:
See the note above the card -- I am a complete newbie at this stuff, so these cards need some work. Paul is the Disciple of Ragnos from Star Wars mini line
I'll just echo what MagJam is saying. I love where you're going with it. He's expensive at 170, but with that special and those stats he is a bargain. I would suggest moving the d20 target up a bit and/or drop his defense. Maybe Defense 4 and a target number of 16 to ignore wounds. 25% of the time he takes no wounds (plus the bonus move), and he still has 6 life at 4 defense. Even with that he would still be a beast, and a nice unique hero pick, even for the 170 points.
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodog View Post
Quote:
I'll just echo what MagJam is saying. I love where you're going with it. He's expensive at 170, but with that special and those stats he is a bargain. I would suggest moving the d20 target up a bit and/or drop his defense. Maybe Defense 4 and a target number of 16 to ignore wounds. 25% of the time he takes no wounds (plus the bonus move), and he still has 6 life at 4 defense. Even with that he would still be a beast, and a nice unique hero pick, even for the 170 points.
Nice ideas for tweakage. On top of that, he can bond with the Fremen warriors, so that's even more intrinsic value... Wait, wait, I haven't made those Fremen yet. Searching for minis... searching for minis...

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Erasmus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: DUNESCAPE - DUNE custom figs and cards -Atreides debut

Dune is awesome!! I am a huge fan of Dune as you can probably tell from my avatar and user name. I think a Dune line of units would be awesome there is so many characters with great abilities that would transfer very well to Heroscape.

I like what you did with Paul's Prescience ability! I look forward to seeing some more of your customs.

It happens...
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Dune is awesome!! I am a huge fan of Dune as you can probably tell from my avatar and user name. I think a Dune line of units would be awesome there is so many characters with great abilities that would transfer very well to Heroscape.

I like what you did with Paul's Prescience ability! I look forward to seeing some more of your customs.
Thank you, thank you. You are undoubtedly a bigger fan than I. My intention is just to make the characters from the first three books. Then maybe some people could also throw in ideas from the sequels. Reason: I hated the plot twist at the end of Children of Dune, and lost interest (apologies), so I haven't read Chapterhouse or Heretics. Maybe I'll get back into it now, though.

Anyway, my intent is to make it compatible with classic, so there could be a 500-pt Fremen army - Paul (200), Stilgar or Chani (90), 3xFremen Warriors (210). Likewise, I'd like to develop a 500-pt Atreides army -- Leto I (90), Duncan Idaho (120-140), Gurney Halleck (100-120), Atreides Soldiers (50 per squad).

I just bought some Star Wars minis which I think I can tweak to be Fremen, so I'm going to try and make those next + the Fremen champions (Chani & Stilgar).

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Suggestions for original DUNE based upon character personalities and Heroscape General personalities.

Aquilla Wild
Fremem
Stilgar
Chani
Shai'hulud

Vydar Robot like Mentats and super powered witches
Bene Gesserit Witches
Lady Jessica
Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Thufir Hawat
Guild Navigator

Utgar Ruthless and evil
Baron Harkonnen
Beast Rabban
Feyd-Rautha
Harkonnen Foot Soldiers
Shaddam Corrino IV
Tleilaxu Squad

Jandar Merciful
Leto I Atreides
Atreides Foot Soldiers
Princess Irulan
Dr. Wellington Yueh

Ullar Whimsical and natural
Gurney Halleck
Liet Kynes
Arrakis Smugglers

Einar Disciplined Fighting Warriors
Duncan Idaho
Count Hasimir Fenring
Piter De Vries
Sardaukar Soldiers

It happens...

Last edited by Erasmus; July 16th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's interesting that you'd put the Emperor in Utgar, but the Sardukar in Einar...

Old July 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
It's interesting that you'd put the Emperor in Utgar, but the Sardukar in Einar...
Yeah not sure where to put the Emperor...but the Sardukar are an elite trained warrior army so Einar seemed logical being a warrior class

It happens...
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Yeah not sure where to put the Emperor...but the Sardukar are an elite trained warrior army so Einar seemed logical being a warrior class
Very cool, man! I love it.

Nice suggestions. Yeah, Atreides vs. Harkonnen feels more like Jandar vs. Utgar. To be honest, I just picked Einar becasue of the sandy background, ha! (and I was new to GIMP). :/

Great groupings on the whole. My little quibble is that Leto I, Paul, and Jessica aren't exactly merciful people I think, but that's why we like Dune, right? Round characters. Leto I was breeding an army to comabt the Sardaukar, after all (okay, maybe it's just Machiavellian).

I like those Sardaukar customs the other fellow made that I linked above, but they'd have to be stronger than all the other squads, even the Fedaykin. My Paul fig would buff the Fedaykin.

So, when my pseudo-Fedaykin come in, I was thinking of something like this:

LIFE 1/ MOVE 5/ RANGE 1/ ATTACK 2 / DEFENSE 3 / MEDIUM 5 / POINTS 70 / 3-Man Squad

SIETCH BONDING:
Before moving a Fedaykin Squad, you may first take a turn with any Fremen Unique Hero you control.

DESERT PLANET
If a Fedaykin Death Squad starts its turn on a sand space, it may add one to its Move, Attack, and Defense for the duration of the turn.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!

Last edited by Boodog; July 17th, 2010 at 06:30 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards