Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 20th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: D&D Heroscape Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol
. . . 2) would it effect special attacks . . .
I would be fine with a sort of leveling up as well, but if they start modifying Special Attacks, the HeroScape Universe may explode.

Also, anyone guess yet if there will be a special ruling which negates the Airborne Elite's Drop power in the dungeon?
Yeah, I am interested to see if they will ignore flying and other powers, like the drop, while in the dungeon. It would be a pretty nice touch that makes sense.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I would be fine with a sort of leveling up as well, but if they start modifying Special Attacks, the HeroScape Universe may explode.

Also, anyone guess yet if there will be a special ruling which negates the Airborne Elite's Drop power in the dungeon?
Yeah, I am interested to see if they will ignore flying and other powers, like the drop, while in the dungeon. It would be a pretty nice touch that makes sense.
Now come on, guys ... where would this end? Line of sight works within a dungeon or outside a dungeon but not into or out of a dungeon unless it goes through a designated "entrance" hex? Explosion Special Attack does not affect adjacent figures unless the dungeonicity of their hex matches the dungeonicity of the target hex? Saylind cannot summon from a dungeon tile to a non-dungeon tile and vice-versa? Fire Line Special Attack stops at a dungeon/non-dungeon border?

Do you guys really want invisible dungeon walls and ceilings and all the rules/errata baggage they would require? I don't.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now come on, guys ... where would this end? Line of sight works within a dungeon or outside a dungeon but not into or out of a dungeon unless it goes through a designated "entrance" hex? Explosion Special Attack does not affect adjacent figures unless the dungeonicity of their hex matches the dungeonicity of the target hex? Saylind cannot summon from a dungeon tile to a non-dungeon tile and vice-versa? Fire Line Special Attack stops at a dungeon/non-dungeon border?

Do you guys really want invisible dungeon walls and ceilings and all the rules/errata baggage they would require? I don't.
I just hope that if we do happen to get all those rules/errata that it isn't in a really annoying red font.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Three Points I'd like to make::

1. Drow (unique vs. common) Onacara's lying. There's no way anyone not involved with WotC could know.
Um....yeah...what he said.
I think someone who works for wotc trusts him or is a good friend of his. That is the only possible explanation. Either that or he's just messing with us.
Considering that Onacara is the only hinting one way or another, and all the ones that really know are being tight-lipped.
Well he isn't actually hinting one way or another. He is just hinting that he MIGHT know. Maybe his wotc buddy said he could do that.

Star Wolf's scenarios

Q9-"I'm poor, I need more points. Please won't you help me?"

Taelord-"BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................NO!"
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you guys really want invisible dungeon walls and ceilings and all the rules baggage they would require? I don't.
Well, I suppose you are correct. But hey, you never know. Maybe on a map entirely composed of dungeon tiles it would make more sense, because then there would be no worrying about invisible walls or anything.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Do you guys really want invisible dungeon walls and ceilings and all the rules baggage they would require? I don't.
Well, I suppose you are correct. But hey, you never know. Maybe on a map entirely composed of dungeon tiles it would make more sense, because then there would be no worrying about invisible walls or anything.
Except that pushing players to create either "all-dungeon maps" or "no-dungeon maps" goes against the design-your-own-board creativity that is one of Heroscape's greatest strengths. If I wanna stick some ice tiles next to my dungeon tiles, I'd better not require a page of rules clarifications in order to do it.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:16 AM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Except that pushing players to create either "all-dungeon maps" or "no-dungeon maps" goes against the design-your-own-board creativity that is one of Heroscape's greatest strengths. If I wanna stick some ice tiles next to my dungeon tiles, I'd better not require a page of rules clarifications in order to do it.
Just saying. Never hurts throwing ideas around.

After all that though, it probably is just going to be generic terrain. Maybe one of the figs gets a small bonus, but I bet it might as well be grass with new paint.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:53 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Explosion Special Attack does not affect adjacent figures unless the dungeonicity of their hex matches the dungeonicity of the target hex?
Nice. Props on creating a new word. I'd rep you again, but its too soon.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
(I haven't ruled it out, mind you, but I'm assuming the worst so as to avoid being disappointed.)
Which, as someone here once said, is pretty much the psychological underpinning of most doom 'n' gloomers - it's a defense mechanism.
You know, I haven't been a "doom 'n' gloomer" about HeroScape for all this time since Wizards took over the brand, and I've gone as far as to argue against the notion that the brand is on the chopping block. Now, after one sentence to he contrary based on emperical evidence, I'm being psychoanalysed by a stranger from hundreds of miles away. Fine then. But you guys will have to eventually come to grips with the fact that recent developments could quite likely have far-reaching consequences for the classic brand and it's future. This, to me, is what should be discussed above all else.

Anyhow, I don't need a "defense mechanism" to buffer me from any kind of potentially devastating news about HS. I play too many other games that I like more for a collapse of HS to truly upset me. That said, I would like the classic brand to continue a bit longer and flesh out some of the factions a bit more.
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

as would we all
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:37 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

The most important question:
Does Dumutef Guard get his road bonus in a dungeon or what?
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman View Post
The most important question:
Does Dumutef Guard get his road bonus in a dungeon or what?
No.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion