Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Gotham Rails

I like the construction a lot, but I wish the height could be varied more.

PS: Double-posting is okay by in, especially in your own thread when you're posting a new map.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I like the construction a lot, but I wish the height could be varied more.
Yeah, but with so few Castle and Marvel sets, I really couldn't pull it off. If you have two castles, feel free to double up on all of the walls. And if you have an extra Marvel set, I suggest filling the area beneath the "building" with concrete.
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:44 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Cool ideas! Keep up the good work.
Old July 17th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Abandoned Base (Aello)

So, if you've been following my recent customs threads and such, you'll know that I've recently obtained some Lantern figures - Green, Yellow, Indigo, the whole spectrum. My problem? There's not that many maps based in outer-space... not that many that, flavor-wise, it makes sense to have aliens fighting. So what did I do? I made one. Looking through the DC archives, I learned of an ice planet called Aello. Sounds interesting. It'll do.

(The Yellow Start Zone is the for the scenario, which I'll be posting below.)

ABANDONED BASE (AELLO)

The Planet Aello is a frigid world; the 20th planet in the Vega Star System, it is home to the hardy bunch, including Demonia and Harpis - two members of the Omega Men, a freedom fighter group from the system. This group, like many others, has arisen to fight the lawlessness of the galactic region - part of Sector 2828 it has long since been, for reasons unknown, a "Lantern-Free" area, and thus home to various criminals. One of the interesting developments of the planet is a specially designed energy dome, invented to protect settlements from the harsh winds and biting snows of the planet. This military outpost, long since abandoned, is an example of this technology.

SCENARIO - INSURGENT BASE

For many years, the Guardians of Oa have kept an uneasy alliance with "Agent Orange" of Sector 2828. He stays in. They stay out. For this reason, the Sinestro Corps have secretly been stockpiling resources in the sector, and Aello is no exception. However, in the aftermath of the Corps Wars, this deal is null and void - and Hal Jordan has come to clean up the trash. Thankfully, he has some backup. Unfortunately, before long, so will the insurgents.

Player 1's Army: 650 Points
Green Lantern (350 Points)
Martian Manhunter (300 Points)

Player 2's Army: 640 Points
Arkillo (310 Points)
Sinestro Corps. Soldier x3 (330 Points)

Goal: Player 1 must remove all of Player 2's figures from the base by the end of Round 5.

Setup: Place the Mysterious Item Glyph (Barrier Trigger) in place of the usual Glyph. Player 1 may begin in either the Red or Blue Start Zone. Player 2 must begin in the Yellow Start Zone.

Special Rules: Due to harsh winds, if a figure chooses to fly, his Move number is divided by two (rounded down).

As long as a figure remains standing on the Barrier Trigger Glyph, figures standing on the wall walk tiles on top of the base do not have Line of Sight on any figures within the base's walls, and figures cannot move into or out of the base via the wall walk tiles.

Victory: If Player 2 does not have any remaining figures inside the base's walls at the end of Round 5, Player 1 wins. If Player 2 has at least one remaining figure within the base at the end of Round 5, Player 2 wins.

-----

I'll probably update the scenario when more of my customs and more of the C3G team's customs are released, but for now, it'll do, methinks.

You can download the file HERE. It's MegaUpload, so it's not ideal, but it'll do the job, I think.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:03 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Cobblepot Castle

Well well well, two posts in a row, yet again... posts ain't too busy 'round these parts, are they? Well, anyways, C3G's new release (and watching The Little Mermaid, oddly enough) have inspired a new map and scenario - Cobblepot Castle, with a four-player scenario! This one uses two RotV, one FotA, and one RttFF. A bit more complex than I usually like, but, doable.

COBBLEPOT CASTLE

Oswald Cobblepot is a wealthy man from a wealthy family. However, he is better known to the public as the Penguin, and better known to the Batman as a threat. Despite this, he maintains an air of refinement and opulence, as evidenced by his most recent purchase: an island castle in the Mediterranean. With a beautiful seaside view and high cliffs, Cobblepot Castle is the perfect balance between air and sea - something well suited for a penguin.

SCENARIO - YOU'RE INVITED!

Despite his best judgment, Oswald Cobblepot had entered into a deal with the Joker. He would invite Gotham's finest to an exclusive gala on his private island, and feign surprise when the Joker crashed the party. The two split the loot after the guests hurry home, and the police are none the wiser. Unfortunately, Roman Sionis had arrived, demanding a cut - and those in the know will realize that Bruce Wayne, along with his date Selina Kyle and a mysterious friend, is on the guest list.

The plan went off without a hitch - until now. The three have begun to squabble over the loot, the police have been alerted, and Batman, Robin, and the Black Canary are preparing to storm the castle - with Catwoman already on the prowl. The three kingpins of crime need to put aside their differences, and their greed, to take down the Bat.

Player 1's Army: 845 Points
Batman (200 Points)
Robin (120 Points)
Black Canary (190 Points)
Catwoman (145 Points)
Alfred Pennyworth (60 Points)
5th Precinct Beat Cops x2 (130 Points)

Player 2's Army: 250 Points
Penguin (120 Points)
Street Thugs x2 (130 Points)

Player 3's Army: 230 Points
Black Mask (100 Points)
Street Thugs x2 (130 Points)

Player 4's Army: 320 Points
Joker (190 Points)
Harley Quinn (130 Points)

Goal: Player 1 must destroy all figures of Players 2, 3, and 4. Players 2, 3, and 4 each want to hold the Glyph of Loot at the game's end.

Setup: Place the Glyph of Loot (Barrier Trigger) face-up on the designated space. Player 1 places Batman, Robin, and Black Canary in the Cyan Start Zone, Catwoman in the Violet Start Zone, and Alfred Pennyworth and the 5th Precinct Beat Cops in the Blue Start Zone. may begin in either the Red or Blue Start Zone. Player 2 begins in the Red Start Zone. Player 3 begins in the Green Start Zone. Player 4 begins in the Purple Start Zone.

Special Rules: Treat the Glyph of Loot as an equipment glyph. Only Unique Heroes can carry the Glyph of Loot.

If Penguin, Black Mask, or Joker is destroyed, the player controlling them immediately loses the game, and any remaining units under their control are given to any other player still in play.

Victory: If Player 1 destroys all of Player 2, 3, and 4's figures, Player 1 wins the game. If Players 2, 3, and 4 have destroyed all of Player 1's figures and either Penguin, Black Mask, or Joker reaches the Yellow Zone while carrying the Glyph of Loot, the player controlling the selected unit wins the game.

-----

So whaddaya think? It's a tad complex, but I like the concept - the bad guys team up to beat Batman, and then it's a mad rush to the docks to sail away.

Download it HERE. And enjoy! Hopefully!
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Cobblepot Cas

Nice map! Looks great! You should nominate it to be a C3G Scenario Map. The only change I would make would be having the bridge act as the road coming in instead of a dock. But still, I'm going to download it even though I can't play the scenario because it looks lick a whole lot of fun and it just plain looks cool!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Peking Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
But still, I'm going to download it even though I can't play the scenario because it looks lick a whole lot of fun and it just plain looks cool!
I don't have any of the figures for the Scenario, either, and haven't played a single game on it... but I just can't bring myself to take it down! It's just so pretty!

PEKING PEAK

Deep in the Chinese mountains, not far from the Chinese capital of Peking, lies a strange and mysterious peak. At it summit lies treasure beyond one's wildest dreams - so the story goes. Most fortune-seekers, however, end up disappointed, as the only "treasure" is a single statue, not even worth carrying back down. But those savvy to the history of this strange and frigid mountain know its true power - and know just how to use it.

SCENARIO - RAIDERS OF THE PEKING MONK

The Peking Monk, as the smal statue is known, is a heavy, quaint, and wholey uninteresting relic of a long-lost temple, high in the mountains. Fortune seekers know little of its power - but research in old, dusty libraries can pay off. This idol can be used in arcane magics long lost to modern man. Many have sought it. Now, two groups climb the peak in search of glory...

Goal: Bring the Peking Monk down the mountain and back to your Start Zone.

Setup: Place the Mysterious Item Glyph (Peking Monk) in place of the usual Glyph. Each player drafts of brings a pre-made 600-point army. Player 1 begins in the Red Start Zone. Player 2 begins in the Blue Start Zone.

Special Rules: Treat the Peking Monk Glyph as an Equipment Glyph. A figure carrying the Peking Monk Glyph cannot fly and cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card, including its own, or move more than 6 spaces in one turn.

Victory: The player who carries the Peking Monk to their Start Zone wins. If neither player is able to do so, the game is a tie.

-----

I conceptualized it as a big Batman vs. Ra's al-Ghul thing, but since Ra's isn't in C3G or my personal collection, it'll have to be more generic... which is better or worse, I suppose, depending on your point of view. I suggest bringing some low-level hero-heavy armies, because man, wouldn't it suck to kill off your opponent but only have a squaddie (unable to carry Equipment Glyphs) left?

Download it HERE. And enjoy!
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:53 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Peking Peak

Peking Peak lso looks fabulous! My only concern with the peak is that it's a small map...

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:29 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Re: johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Peking Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Peking Peak lso looks fabulous! My only concern with the peak is that it's a small map...
Well, I tried to keep it to one Master Set. It's hard to get a lot of height unless you start to use multiples, but I know a lot of people don't have that many sets. I mean, I don't have TT, so I can't even make Peking Peak (or Abandoned Base [Aello], for that matter). Better to give the illusion of height than the reality of height while breaking the bank.

I currently have two or three maps waiting in the wings to post; just need to tweak them and/or write scenarios for them. One of them is VERY scenario-specific. And I also have a scenario based on another person's map, which I'm waiting for permission to use before I post it. It's kind of out there, but I love the concept, so...
Old September 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

"Never been across the English Channel."

Alright, here's my newest. Like I said, it's an odd one. It's heavily inspired by THIS story, in concept, at least, and my love of History. And it doesn't use any of my maps - it uses Bengi's Normandy Beach. He has a BUNCH of cool maps, which you should check out HERE. And that's not just a plug, either. They're totally awesome. Anyways...

NORMANDY BEACH

June 6, 1944. The tide of World War II turned once and for all as the Allied soldiers stormed the beaches of Normandy, pushed back the Axis, and began the liberation of France. There were 160,000 troops. There were 5,000 ships. By the battle’s end, the battlefield was stained with the blood of at least 14,000 men. But Adolf Hitler’s reign of terror had started to unravel, and for the forces of good, a dawn had come.

SCENARIO - BATTLE OF TITANS

Thor, God of Thunder, was sent to Earth as punishment by the All-Father, in the year 1962. This was not his first visit to Earth, of course - nor was it his first that century. Nazi Germany had discovered the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard, and used the power of the Spear of Destiny to win their favor. As the United States began to turn the tide of battle, in a flash of lightning, Thor arrived, soldier of the Reich. Almost every soldier in sight was turned to dust. But six remained. The Airborne Elite, among the finest paratroopers in the United States; their commanding officer, Sgt. Drake Alexander; and the spirit of Freedom itself, Captain America. What occurred next was a battle unlike any other - one lost to history, but one vital just the same.

Goal: Destroy all of your opponent’s figures.

Player 1's Army: 440 Points
Captain America (220 Points)
Sgt. Drake Alexander (110 Points)
Airborne Elite (110 Points)

Player 2's Army: 430 Points
Thor (430 Points)

Setup: Place all Glyphs power-side up where shown. Player 1 starts in the Blue Start Zone. Player 2 starts in the Red Start Zone.

Special Rules: N/A

Victory: When the other side has no figures left on the battlefield, your side wins.

-----

You can download the map HERE, if you're so inclined. It's say it's worth it.

This scenario is very plain, unfortunately; I couldn't think of much pizazz to add outside of the basic concept. I'd like to make a full Marvel World War II Adventure like this - four or five maps going from D-Day to the Seige of Berlin, like the D&D Scenarios - but unfortunately, C3G doesn't have many heroes of that era yet, nor do we have many WWII troops for either the Allies or the Nazis. Ah well. Maybe someday.
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Re: johnny139's Seldom Updated MarMaps - NEW - Battle of Tit

Just found this for the first time today Johnny, great stuff mate!
Some very cool maps here. I must try out the Sewer one myself!
Cheers,
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios