Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old December 5th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I was just on BoardGameGeek-dot-COM and notice in one of the sidebar adds that the "Magic: the Gathering - Arena of the Planeswalker" starter sets are going for $17.99
[...]
But that just tells me that they are *NOT* selling as well as the corp. bean-counting logisticians had anticipated.
That just tells me it is December and LOTS of things are on sale.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 5th, 2015, 10:28 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
[...]But that just tells me that they are *NOT* selling as well as the corp. bean-counting logisticians had anticipated.
That just tells me it is December and LOTS of things are on sale.
True... TRUE! Every vendor is trying to clear out excess inventory at this time of year. I guess it was just my own gut feelings of disappointment telling me how to interpret this fragmentary piece of data. Actually I have seen other people playing AotP at game nights in my FLGS. First time was five young adults (maybe 20-ish) trying to figure out the rules and mechanics as a group. And a week later a father and son (about early 30's and 10 - 12 for the boy) who also had the rule booklet open and were reading as they played. Both times I was deeply involved in games with my friends and only noticed them as I walk past by their tables and did not take time to converse with them about their interest or impression of the game.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 5th, 2015, 11:47 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

I think the game is doing fine, but that's just based on my complete inability to find a copy at any of the stores in my area. Hope it does well enough to earn a steady stream of expansions.
Old December 6th, 2015, 02:57 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
I think the game is doing fine, but that's just based on my complete inability to find a copy at any of the stores in my area. Hope it does well enough to earn a steady stream of expansions.
I don't think most Wal-Marts are going to carry it. I know a local scaper who manages a Wal-Mart and he says they aren't planning on stocking it at his store. So unless you're seeing empty spots on the shelf where its supposed to be, they just aren't going to carry it.

I have only seen it in Target stores.
Old December 6th, 2015, 03:09 AM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
I don't think most Wal-Marts are going to carry it. I know a local scaper who manages a Wal-Mart and he says they aren't planning on stocking it at his store. So unless you're seeing empty spots on the shelf where its supposed to be, they just aren't going to carry it.

I have only seen it in Target stores.

The Wal Marts here all have had it at one point or another. The one down the street still has an empty spot on the shelf.
Old December 6th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

In my neck of the woods (Toronto Canada) I can think of 5 different retailers where I could get a copy (Walmart, Ebgames (Store like Gamestop), Indigo (a big box book seller), and a couple of Game Stores.

That is a lot of distribution for any game, and definitely shows corporate support. I fully expect to see expansions on shelves soon, though at a lower distribution rate.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 6th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Guys, this thread is for the expansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 9th, 2015, 09:23 PM

shmet Woo who?

I was just on Amazon and it looks like the expansion is available now (maybe since December 6th). Has anyone gotten it yet?

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.
Old December 9th, 2015, 10:42 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, go back a page or two, someone posted scans of the cards and rulebook.

I pre-ordered mine from coolstuffinc and its still a pre-order with them. I would be mad but they had it for $12.99 so I'm saving money.

It looks like Amazon will be the place to get the new set from next time because they are 2 for 2 in having it a month early.
Old December 10th, 2015, 10:42 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
I was just on Amazon and it looks like the expansion is available now (maybe since December 6th). Has anyone gotten it yet?
Yeah I got my copies in the mail. Figuring out a review that I will post over at boardgamegeek. I do have some questions regarding some of the cards/units as well that I will ask here for group think. In general though I love the expansion. Keep 'em coming I say!
Old December 10th, 2015, 05:24 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I was reading through the scans (thanks guys!) and noticed some of the wording seems really clunky, and I'm not sure I'd automatically know what to do.

Is the wording weird, or do you just have to get into it? Is the wording similar in the Master Set? I don't have anything (yet!), so I can't say.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 11th, 2015, 12:10 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I posted a review over at boardgamegeek. Check it out if you're interested: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1487...eded-expansion

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News