Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I suppose I'll post this again since Killo never did it... SB, could you change Priscus's card in the Display thread from Filthy's to the C3V version?
I've changed it in the display thread, but I still need ZB to reload the image so I can then link the image to the large version. I would bet this card was originally upload while we were having problems with the Gallery.
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Quote:
I suppose I'll post this again since Killo never did it... SB, could you change Priscus's card in the Display thread from Filthy's to the C3V version?
I've changed it in the display thread, but I still need ZB to reload the image so I can then link the image to the large version. I would bet this card was originally upload while we were having problems with the Gallery.
Gallery has been fixed, you are all set to reload the image SB
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ge.php?i=11617

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:18 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Quote:
Gallery has been fixed, you are all set to reload the image SB
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ge.php?i=11617
Done. (Actually I did this a couple of days ago).
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello guys,

Has said a few days ago, here is my work about cards back, if SoV propositions has no informations for the card back. Image's size is the same that MSE High-res cards.

Old November 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Green Wyrmling by killercactus

Game Play

I love playing Wyrmling Armies, and when I saw that kc had created a 'baby Charos' I was very excited to try it out. Fledgling Counterstrike is great, it meshes very will with the other Wyrmling's 'downgraded' versions of their adult counterpart powers.

The issue I had going in with this unit was its defense of 5. With that as my greatest concern I paired the GW with RotV Raelin and got astouding results... too astounding. With numbers and proper placement the Green Wyrmlings can completely halt a melee army. Backed by Raelin their Defense jumps to 7, add flying which allows them to take height easily, make it 8, and if a Defense Glyph happens to be around make it 9 defense for a 30pt unit that has Counterstrike.

You can reach these kind of gaudy defensive numbers with other Counterstrikers like the Izumi and Tagawa Samurai, but the difference is that neither can fly and they are both also a unique squad of 3. As a Common Hero the Green Wyrmling has no such restriction and when I added 5 or 6 of them to my armies, that is when they really started to take over.

Cost
As is, I think the GW needs a good points bump (+20?). At 30pts it was easy for me to put 6 of them in a 5-600pt army and also grab 4 squads of 4th Mass and keep their Valiant Defense.

One army that was fun, yet powerful was GWx6, Raelin, 4thx4. Send the GWs and Raelin to reek as much havoc as possible, and once Raelin falls the 4th get their defense bonus.

This Juggernaut easily outmatched Knight Armies (for me) time after time.

Models
Perfect model used for this unit.

Availability
Relatively easy to get, though a bit on the expensive side, $2.50 - $4.00 before shipping.

Conclusion
I really like this unit, but I found it to be too powerful against some of the better builds in the game. I think a drop to 4 defense would move a long way towards make it more balanced, and possibly even a +5 bump in points with the -1D.

I vote NO to induct the Green Wyrmling into the SoV.
Doing some testing, I found that dropping the defense to 4 and changing Fledgling Counterstrike to:

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if a Green Wyrmling rolls a shield on every die, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

...produced a really balanced figure at 35 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Then maybe you should have someone make a card so you can submit that version.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's why I posted. If anyone would like to do that, that would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
I would like to nominate my Isodoran Explorers.

Minis: from right to left: 30/40 Duros Scout from Imperial Entanglements, 43/60 Duros Scoundrel from Legacy of the Force and 40/60 Duros Explorer from Alliance and Empire. These are all star wars miniatures.

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

Availability: The Duros Explorer has 131 on abprices and 117 on Auggies
The Duros Scout has 183 on abprices and the list includes Auggies.
The Duros Scoundrel has 131 on abprices and 152 on Auggies.
All and all these guys have a lot of availability and usually are cheap.

Balance: I have playtested these guys a number of times and they always seem to me pretty balanced.

Creativity: They decent ranged figures that have a good amount of thematic powers full of Sci-Fi goodness.

Theme: It's always nice to add new Sci-Fi figures to classic scape and also Isodora seems pretty blank so far as heroscape planets go (all we have from there is the Warden). Though they were never mentioned in the bios or anything else for that matter I feel that they fit into classic scape fairly well. Also they aren't that recognizable as star wars characters (unless I am mistaken) and could serve as pretty much any large headed aliens.

Playability: The Duros Explorer has to be rebased since it has the square base that is a bit to thick for ladders, but that is it for rebasing.
I am not opposed to adding in Sci-Fi units but I think there is just to much going on for a common squad. I not a fan of the requirements of Beam Reinforcements. I also feel that X-ray Scanner is more then one power smashed into one.

I vote NO to review the Isodoran Explorers.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Doing some testing, I found that dropping the defense to 4 and changing Fledgling Counterstrike to:

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if a Green Wyrmling rolls a shield on every die, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

...produced a really balanced figure at 35 points.
There must be an error.

With defense 4, the probability to roll 4 shields is only 1/81 (1.25%).

It's weird that with a defense bonus, the probability to trigger is lowered.

With defense 5 (height or Gerda), probabilty = 1/243 (0.4%).
With defense 6 (Raelin), probability = 1/729 (0.14%).

You can easily play a whole game without triggering the power.
There are more than 50% chances that the power never triggers in 40 attacks against a Green Wyrmling.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'd say give GW 3 defense instead of 4 and leave it at that...

Also, then it would be more beneficial to not be under Raelin's aura.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I thought the proposed version requiring two excess shields to trigger counterstrike seemed like an excellent way to balance them.

When it comes to the GW, I think nearly everyone agrees on the following:
  • The sculpt choice
  • Fights for Ullar, Valiant personality
  • Common Hero
  • Wyrmling Bonding and Flying
  • 5 move, 1 range
That really just leaves the following four choices:
  • 3 attack or 4?
  • 4 defense or 5?
  • 30 points or 35?
  • How exactly will counterstrike be tweaked into fledgling counterstrike?
Three of those are binary choices so it's relatively easy. There's no question, though, that these guys will take quite a bit of balancing to get right, particularly given the valiant personality. I would hate to see someone rush an nomination in here.

Maybe the best approach for these guys is to do something akin to a public design. How would people feel if I started a public thread and asked people to submit tests? We could use C3V style forms and just toss around different permutations of these design options.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't see what should stop you, dok.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs