Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:23 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Phantom Knights Pre-Release Discussion

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Phantom Knights Pre-Release Discussion

Wow, you're fast Tai-Pan.

These are my favorite guys I'm thinking.

Very simple and flavorful. I really like the figures too, they really stand out and with so much scape that's saying something.

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:30 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, these guys are not quite what I thought they might be. There's nothing about forgetting which master they serve.

They should be pretty amazing against some of the standard tourney builds. Rats are useless against their stealth flying, and having seven defense against stingers or 4th or Krav should be pretty impressive. Four defense might even help them survive Q9 long enough to make at least one attack, but I wouldn't recommend that being their primary use.

Also worth noting, I believe as Knights they add to Sir Dupuis' attack. Awesome

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:56 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Finally more knights. I don't really like the idea of ghost knights and live knights chilling in an army with dupuis, but it gives awesome characters to go with cyprien in a flying anti range army. Ana gets a bump too. They could even serve as a good distraction for range characters in a zombie army.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Finally more knights. I don't really like the idea of ghost knights and live knights chilling in an army with dupuis, but it gives awesome characters to go with cyprien in a flying anti range army. Ana gets a bump too. They could even serve as a good distraction for range characters in a zombie army.
I don't really like the idea of Dupuis. at guru.

Putting them with Cyprien does sound cool, but the Phantoms Insubstantial 3 doesn't work against specials and Cyprien doesn't work against Q9. But who cares?
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the 7 defense vs. normal ranged attacks matched with the 6 stealth flying. They should be able to get around the board and pick out the best targets for their 3 attack pretty easily. At 70 points, seems like a fair deal. I don't see them helping Sir Dupis get more play though. He is kind of hopeless.
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love these guys, the ultimate anti-range squad. OK, they will only roll 4D against special attacks like Q9, but even that's prety hefty. Against the stingers, the 4th. the 10th? They are going to make those armies much less useful.

I think these guys are the biggest blow to the metagame yet. Much bigger than firestorm (Kurrok+X Fire Elementals). I would be tempted to draft a couple of them into my tournament army just as a defensive measure against most of the most powerful range heavy armies out there. They don't have range but 6 stealth flying gives them a pretty hefty threat range. Like the Shades of Bleakwood, but with a more hefty attack.

Firestorm just makes an already weak choice (all melee) even weaker; it's easy to draft against; and I expect its weak on a water heavy map. These guys? Just toss in a couple and watch the range heavy armies fall.
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:09 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

These guys are nuts! At first glance they look VERY efficient for their cost. Compared to Minions,

+2 Move
+1 Attack
+ Insubstantial
+ Stealth

-2 Defense
- Deadly Strike
- Utgar's Orders

and for 40 points cheaper!

I expect to see quite a bit of play out of these guys.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:28 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

My favorite sculpts and figs of this wave. I had a lot of fun with these guys and I am very happy with the sculpts. The knight bonding reminds me of LOTR and the dudes under the hill.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I love these guys. They are like KOW gone bad. They are also very fast. 6 Move with Stealth Flying is nothing to sneeze at. The main thing that keeps them balanced is that they are a 3 man squad. I will definitely be buying 3+ of this set.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys. The first thought that ran through my head was that these guys were just like the knights, a little faster, harder to kill in range, but with no bonding, and one less figure. My observation from this, still a win for these guys. It does not matter how slow they are, because they move so fast and are so hard to kill with other ranged squads that while the knights get peppered by stingers and maybe get Gilbert and that one extra knight up there, these guys sneak in and bring the house down upon ranged units. These guys are a massive win for me, easily the best in the pack, although the hydra is pretty close.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:38 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Don't forget that these guys will have height more often than not, with that stealth flying and all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units