Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM

holland227 is surprisingly tart
Best Army Ideas from Master Set 1

As a new player I do not have a lot of figures, and with tournaments and most players frowning on customs in games (From battle reports I have read) What is the most competitive 400 point army from the Rise of the Valkyre Set? I have toyed with a few mixups but nothing major. I was wondering some of you advanced players thoughts.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Best Army Ideas from Master Set 1

I recommend:

Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
Krav Maga Agents
Airborne Elite
Izumi Samurai
Marro Warriors

Use the Izumi to screen the Krav Agents, with Raelin protecting as many of them as you can. (Just be sure Raelin herself isn't in danger.) When the Airborne Elite drop you should put most of your order markers on them to get maximum effect from them. The Marros can hopefully clean up whatever is left.

If you ever get your hands on the other master set, try using the Marro Stingers. They have great stats for only 60 points a squad, and since they are common you can use many of them in the same army.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM

One quick question (Still new) If you place two order markers on a card do they act twice? I was wondering this. Can they attack multiple times?
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland227 View Post
One quick question (Still new) If you place two order markers on a card do they act twice? I was wondering this. Can they attack multiple times?
Nope, nope, they get one normal activition for the first order marker you have on them. Then, when the next order marker comes around you get another normal activiation. (eg-You put order markers #1 and #2 on your Krav Maga Agents. On your first turn, you move and fire with your three Krav. Turn 1 done. Then, when your turn 2 comes, you move and fire with the three Krav again. Turn 2 done).

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Order of play goes as such...

Player 1 --> order marker 1 (move and attack)
Player 2 --> order marker 1 (move and attack)
P1 --> OM2 (move and attack)
P2 --> OM2 (move and attack)
P1 --> OM3 (move and attack)
P2 --> OM3 (move and attack)

You can put all of your OM on the one card and move it three times in a round but you don't get a double attack in a single turn unless it specifically says so on the army card.

Welcome to the site.

*doh, missed it by that much...
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM

Ok, the attack was what I was confused on. Thanks! Now I see how using the grenade attack multiple times is good. I had a question on that. Does the grenade get lobbed 12 spaces from them and then it is range 5? The wording is confusing.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Welcome to the site and addiction. 5 is their range (how far from them they can throw) 12 is the lob (how high they can throw). They each can only do this once in a game all at the same time. No splitting the grenades up. Also to get the best answers on specific units you will want to check out the Books. I know there's also other topics similar to yours. Non-Multiple Competitive Armies is one I can think of off the top of my head. Also check some of the threads on how to build an army. This should help you in what your looking for.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ok, the attack was what I was confused on. Thanks! Now I see how using the grenade attack multiple times is good. I had a question on that. Does the grenade get lobbed 12 spaces from them and then it is range 5? The wording is confusing.
It can go up or down 12 in elevation. Up to 5 hexes away.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM

Thank you to all of you who have helped with this. I understand them now. I do like this army that was originally posted. Looked them over.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
It can go up or down 12 in elevation. Up to 5 hexes away.
Down doesn't seem like it would be a problem as gravity would take over. But I could be wrong.
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
................ What is the most competitive 400 point army from the Rise of the Valkyre Set? I have toyed with a few mixups but nothing major. I was wondering some of you advanced players thoughts.
SP should chime in. If my memory is correct I think he won the first Tree Town Open with an all Master Set army.

Also again if my memory is correct The View played in the finals and paced second with an all Master Set Army at the Tree Town Open II.

I don't have the marker managment skills to do it but in the right hands figures from just the master set have more than held their own they have won.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome, holland227!

Here's another possible army:

Raelin - 80 pts
Krav Maga Agents - 100 pts
Thorgrim - 80 pts
Deathwalker 9000 - 140 pts

This one might be a little easier for a new player to be competitive with; there are only four cards so order marker management is easier, Deathwalker's special attack is easier to understand than the Airborne Elite's, and it's mostly ranged units.

I wouldn't really play it myself (since it's mostly range), but that's just my personal preference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion