Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 13th, 2019, 01:51 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nintendo/ Video Game Characters???

I’m sure this has been brought up before at some point, but has there ever been a customs forum outside of C3G and HoSS that have made much groundwork, specifically on characters from Nintendo?

I’ve been playing a lot of Smash Ultimate recently, and it’s a ton of fun, but i was curious if there were people out there also interested in creating or have created their own customs for video game characters. I mean, think about it! Super Smash Brothers is about bringing all these different characters from different franchises and pitting them against one another, kind of like how heroscape is about throwing all these different people and creatures from different worlds into this great battle for Valhalla!

I also know that Nintendo doesn’t really make miniature sized versions of their characters all that often, but that’s why I included video game characters as a whole. Imagine Master Chief fighting off an entire Marro Swarm, or Mario and Luigi shooting fireballs right back at Zelrig. Or maybe perhaps if this were more like how C3G and HoSS are set up to not necessarily mix with classic scape and C3V, it could still be pretty interesting on its own.

P.S. I apologize if this is not the forum to be posting this thread, I don’t know if this reserved strictly for C3V or customs as a whole. Just wanted to spark up a conversation!
Old May 13th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Nintendo/ Video Game Characters???

C3G does have video game characters. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.
C3G is not compatible with classic Heroscape, HoSS is.

Heroes of Fiction may be what you are looking for. They made an incredible Kratos card.
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:13 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
C3G does have video game characters. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.
C3G is not compatible with classic Heroscape, HoSS is.

Heroes of Fiction may be what you are looking for. They made an incredible Kratos card.
I did not know that! Thanks
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:41 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

NP. There is more talk about video game characters in C3G. The main requirement is they need some form of comic book presence.

Heroes of Fiction create cards for all sorts of genres and do great work. Joining them may be your quickest path to what you are looking for.

There are some good Mario figures for Mario Monopoly.
Old May 14th, 2019, 05:43 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We have done several video game characters in the HoF. Including Mario (based mainly off the original Super Marii Bros.), Simon Belmont from Castlevania and Kratoa from God of War to name a few.
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:54 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t think it needs a whole new “project” with a big system and rules, but I’d happily collaborate if you wanted if you wanted to work on some of the Smash characters.
Old May 21st, 2019, 10:21 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see personal customs in the superscape thread designed for use with C3G. We see that in the classic threads with VC, it almost feels weird that we don't have any of that on the other side of the road, particularly given the number of things that are considered to not quite fit with C3G proper.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 21st, 2019, 11:22 AM

I think a lot of the personal custom designers like the freedom of not having to gel with C3G. It has allowed them to come up with some really cool mechanics that would just never work in C3G.

I agree though if you want your customs to have something to fight against, C3G offers the most options.
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

One of the big hurdles for me is that I can spend a week working on a personal custom for a character, and then once the C3G version comes out, mine feels a bit...irrelevant? That’s not a knock against C3G at all. It’s just that the C3G version usually just dwarfs my personal custom in terms of production value, creativity, and visibility. That’s just a factor that classic customs don’t have.

That being said, I love the idea of working together to make some customs for characters that aren’t really deemed C3G material. A lot of Smash characters would be fun to have, along with many other video game characters. It would also be cool to have some other oddballs. (I still want a Slenderman/MH Operator to fit with the rest of the horror characters.) I’d be excited to work with people on stuff like that.

Fwiw, I’m going to attempt to bring some Metal Gear characters and Mega Man to C3G one day. We’ll see how it goes.
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
One of the big hurdles for me is that I can spend a week working on a personal custom for a character, and then once the C3G version comes out, mine feels a bit...irrelevant? That’s not a knock against C3G at all. It’s just that the C3G version usually just dwarfs my personal custom in terms of production value, creativity, and visibility. That’s just a factor that classic customs don’t have.

That being said, I love the idea of working together to make some customs for characters that aren’t really deemed C3G material. A lot of Smash characters would be fun to have, along with many other video game characters. It would also be cool to have some other oddballs. (I still want a Slenderman/MH Operator to fit with the rest of the horror characters.) I’d be excited to work with people on stuff like that.

Fwiw, I’m going to attempt to bring some Metal Gear characters and Mega Man to C3G one day. We’ll see how it goes.
There's so many avenues that could be explored that are non-C3G compliant, though - my family and I have a thriving and constantly expanding personal customs collection, drawing from ancient mythology, Lord of the Rings, Babylon 5, Warhammer 40,000, Sherlock Holmes and tonnes, tonnes more. (I've even already done a handful of Transformers, and will continue to happily use my Megatron even now C3G's one has gone through testing - I did end up retiring my TMNT designs when C3G's came out, but only because I wasn't that happy with my own, otherwise I'd have used both ). Honestly, I'd love to see more of that from other people, and, when I'm able to properly card our designs, I fully intend to post them up, because why not? I'd love, for one, to see a customs thread from you - that Slenderman design has so much potential!

~Lazy Orang, who's actually recently done a set of Mega Man designs for her brother, which I'm going to give to him tomorrow. Not a Mega Man fan myself, but my brother loves those games, so I hope he likes 'em. I could send my drafts over to you via PM if you're interested in having a look.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 21st, 2019, 03:22 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
~Lazy Orang, who's actually recently done a set of Mega Man designs for her brother, which I'm going to give to him tomorrow. Not a Mega Man fan myself, but my brother loves those games, so I hope he likes 'em. I could send my drafts over to you via PM if you're interested in having a look.
I’d love to see them! I did a custom Mega Man a while back, but if I was going for a C3G-style one I’d probably do it a bit differently.
Old May 21st, 2019, 03:53 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I’d love to see them! I did a custom Mega Man a while back, but if I was going for a C3G-style one I’d probably do it a bit differently.
Cool - I'll send em over on Thursday (a bit busy tonight, and I'd kind of like the first person other than my Mum and myself to see them to be my brother, plus it's my birthday tomorrow so I'll probably be somewhat less active then). I'll be interested to hear what you think.
Bear in mind, my personal design philosophy when not designing for C3G itself is a bit different (I'm willing to go a little more complex than C3G is, though I don't necessarily seek to), so, there's that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum