Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old January 26th, 2016, 02:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
This sounds like a reasonable mashup, although I wonder, Why do you restrict enchantments to only AOTP units? I would think that unless they specifically say they are restricted to a color, then they should be able to apply to any unit that meets the condition written on the card. In most cases this is either the planeswalker or a unique squad. So I would have the latter be able to apply to Heroscape Unique squads as well.
Initially, the AOTP units are designed to be enchanted, heroscape units are not. They way it was brought up previously was to keep it simple, but I would definitely want to consider it because it may flow just fine keeping it to unique squads and such. What has been thrown together is just a custom project and isn't written in stone. I am happy to take suggestions on how we can mold these two games together and have a good time with it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 26th, 2016, 02:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This sounds like a reasonable mashup, although I wonder, Why do you restrict enchantments to only AOTP units? I would think that unless they specifically say they are restricted to a color, then they should be able to apply to any unit that meets the condition written on the card. In most cases this is either the planeswalker or a unique squad. So I would have the latter be able to apply to Heroscape Unique squads as well.
Mostly it's just simpler and easier to be sure of balance if Heroscape squads can't be enchanted.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 26th, 2016, 03:32 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

That's fair. thanks for the answers. I think I would tend to try to allow magic on any applicable unit but I guess that's just me.

Another question.... For Command, you state that you can use a card of the correct color, but with the expansion there are colorless Eldrazi that any planeswalker can summon. Are you intending to not include these in the Command ability or are you simply not considering these (yet)?
Old January 26th, 2016, 03:37 PM

Also, you don't state the setup conditions, but it looks like you are intending that the heroscape units start on the board as in regular heroscape (except stuff like airborne and some others) along with the planeswalker and are not summoned?
Old January 26th, 2016, 04:48 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That's fair. thanks for the answers. I think I would tend to try to allow magic on any applicable unit but I guess that's just me.
That might technically be closer to the spirit of what we're doing, since it means you can just read the cards as they are.

Quote:
Another question.... For Command, you state that you can use a card of the correct color, but with the expansion there are colorless Eldrazi that any planeswalker can summon. Are you intending to not include these in the Command ability or are you simply not considering these (yet)?
You're right, that should be corrected.

Quote:
Also, you don't state the setup conditions, but it looks like you are intending that the heroscape units start on the board as in regular heroscape (except stuff like airborne and some others) along with the planeswalker and are not summoned?
That's correct. Setup conditions are not stated because they are unchanged.

--
--
--

--
Old January 26th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

@Targanth a

You comparison to early scape is warranted but I think you would need to expand to a few expansions. AoTP is a tight game at 500 point army. RotV was a mishmash at 400 point with very little synergy. Expanding to only wave 2 you still get 4th, knights, Orc, Romans, Arrow gruts with Krug aND Mimring. Krav and Raelin are key here too. I would even postulate that a solid viper army or drones with a hot d20 would do okay.

I guess the question is, will the planeswalker armies end up being so good that you would always choose them over a heroscape army if you were playing for money. Right now l think the answer is no, so for now we can mix them with little or no modification.

@everyone in this thread.

I'm impressed how a fairly comprehensive set of bridging rules is developing organically here. I look forward to seeing what ends up coming out at the end.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 26th, 2016, 08:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I have an updated version of the reference card. @IshMEL , I think a hero healing a squad figure with multiple lives would be fine, as they are somewhat like heroes and have wound markers that can be added or taken away. I don't think it would need to be put in a FAQ or reference though. I added a few more little things for good measure, tell me what you guys think.
Basically, your planeswalker acts as an order marker hub for all your aotp units. I also made this version more pretty or prettier.

Old January 27th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I look forward to seeing what ends up coming out at the end.
Said the guy sitting on the toilet...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 31st, 2016, 02:56 PM

So I've been looking through the Heroscape stuff and wanted to get your thoughts. according to the AOTP rules, it seems that a Planeswalker is a type different than any other type. They aren't unique Heroes, the word "Unique" doesn't appear on their cards and the word "Hero" doesn't appear either. So if I go with a literal interpretation of the text when blending, any effect that targets these types would not affect a Planeswalker. Some examples:

Sonlen's Dragon Healing ability would not work on a Planeswalker since it only works on Heroes.

Finn's Warrior Attack Spirit would not work on a Planeswalker since it only works on Unique types.

Ana's Healing Word would not work because it only works on Heroes.

But an important one is this:

Ne-Gok-Sa's Mind Shackle would not work because it only works on Unique figures (similarly with Soul Devour-Unique Heroes only).

But...

Ana's Protection from Evil Aura would indeed work on Planeswalkers because it affects figures and it says in the book that Planeswalkers are figures.

(You know... it's almost like they thought this through when they developed AOTP....)

Thoughts?

Last edited by igelkott; January 31st, 2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typos
Old January 31st, 2016, 03:09 PM
"like" happy

I agree @igelkott , that is what makes the planeswalkers more worth their points, they are not damaged as heroes(creatures) Figures that affect "figures" should work, because all units are indeed figures. That way your planeswalker could not get chomped by grimnak, or mindshackled and have your sorcery deck compromised. See my post a couple posts up. I hope that helps you.

Old January 31st, 2016, 05:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So I've been looking through the Heroscape stuff and wanted to get your thoughts. according to the AOTP rules, it seems that a Planeswalker is a type different than any other type. They aren't unique Heroes, the word "Unique" doesn't appear on their cards and the word "Hero" doesn't appear either. So if I go with a literal interpretation of the text when blending, any effect that targets these types would not affect a Planeswalker. Some examples:

Sonlen's Dragon Healing ability would not work on a Planeswalker since it only works on Heroes.

Finn's Warrior Attack Spirit would not work on a Planeswalker since it only works on Unique types.

Ne-Gok-Sa's Mind Shackle would not work because it only works on Unique figures (similarly with Soul Devour-Unique Heroes only).

But...

Ana's Protection from Evil Aura would indeed work on Planeswalkers because it affects figures and it says in the book that Planeswalkers are figures.

(You know... it's almost like they thought this through when they developed AOTP....)

Thoughts?
If you are familiar with C3G's event heroes the planeswalker are not all that weird. It is actually worth looking into that rule set when converting the planeswalkers over.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 31st, 2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:

But...

Thoughts?
Yup. That's right.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender