Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 26th, 2015, 08:52 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
He's back!

Old June 26th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
Should be around more now.
Ditto. Work issues have cleared up.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old June 27th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Now if you want to see a true ghost around here, that'd be H-E-H making an appearance!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Ditto. Work issues have cleared up.
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As one of 16 people accepted to help edit the Mare Nostrum Empire rules as made available to us today, I just sent my edits/comments/questions in. Although I didn't see the Two or Six Player rules, I'm happy to report that the main rules look great, and there were very few substantive issues (well, it was noted as Version 23).

I did suggest that on the auspicious occasion of the 2.0 game becoming available, they add a separate Designers's Notes section! I understand there has been a very long discussion on French sites, which we have no access to, so I'm sure there has been lots of back and forth btween Serge Laget, the designer of the original game and this one with his gaming public.

Less than two days left to the KS!
Old July 6th, 2015, 08:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its the Home Stretch for Mare Nostrum Empires:

Only five hours left, on what someone declared the most successful non-mini based KS ever, and likely to overtake #1 before it ends (Tokkaido). My favorite comment out of thousands on the KS Comments page, referring to the expensive add-ons, which I'm not getting, is:

"Dam_t, my wife's gonna kill me."
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Backed DCM's new campaign for (among other things) a gigantic Behemoth miniature on an 8x8 base:
DCM Storm Riders.

Jump on in, I've got the 8x8 Kraken made by the same company, and it's absolutely phenomenal. I'm even more excited for the Behemoth.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Pretty sure I'm going to back Gloomhaven. It's a dungeon crawl campaign game that is Legacy style, in that from scenario to scenario, you get to choose your next path based on certain things and then you will open up new paths, but close off other paths available from the campaign.

You will use stickers on the map to mark where you have been and where you can go. I think there are like 70 scenarios. It isn't the typical fantasy trope, as there are different than the usual races used and they are mercenaries that have certain secret goals. Once a character has achieved their life's goal over the course of 10-15 scenarios, they will retire. Then there will be an envelope for the player to open to make a new character available, as well as add some new things to the world.

There aren't any dice in the game, so it's a card driven hand management game and you have to play 2 cards per turn, and use the top half of one and the bottom half of the other as your actions for that turn. Each class has their own deck of cards and when you run out of cards, you have to take a long rest to recover. If all players are taking a rest at the same time, you lose.

It's kind of semi co-op in that each player chooses their cards at the same time and puts them facedown, then they reveal them. Initiative is determined by the number on cards and players do their actions, as well as the monsters too, based on their initiative and action available. You can still discuss some things before playing cards, but I think there are some specific things you can't get into. Adds to the mercenary vibe and being forced to work together, but not necessarily fully together.

Also, while it's not starting its KS campaign until October 13th, I'm hoping to back Scythe, by Stonemaier Games, who did Viticulture, Tuscany and Euphoria.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Gloomhaven looks really tempting, but at $80 for the box with the minis, I think I'll pass. I can wait & make sure the rules bugs are ironed out, etc. It does, however, look like something that might work for us. It looks like what I wanted out of the weird horror cowboy game that @Gurei-Ornery showed @akden and me, though that game was super-fussy. This looks much less so.

I was just reflecting on my experience with Kickstarter, and I realized that in Epic, I finally invested in a game on KickStarter and, having gotten it, was convinced it had been wise of me to do so. I know some other games have done that for others, and I like some of those games very much: Colt Express, Among the Stars, Star Realms. But finally it happened to me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With the exception of Reaper minis (my first Kickstarter), I've been careful to only back things where I'd potentially be willing to have given my money to them because I believed in what they were doing and was willing to lose everything without too much in the way of hard feelings. I've been pretty fortunate for the most part, but I wanted to mention it because I'm way too excited about a Kickstarter coming up next week, Battletech.

It's been twenty years since a turn-based Battletech video game. I played the heck out of Crescent Hawk's Inception and have been waiting for its 'sequel' ever since. Battletech has gone through licensing hell since then, but it looks like someone over there has finally figured a few things out. Harebrained Schemes is doing the Kickstarter. If you're unfamiliar with them, they're the ones who successfully Kickstarted and brought Shadowrun to market. I didn't back Shadowrun, but I bought it and played it and loved it. Harebrained Schemes did right by Shadowrun on my modern computer - an amazing feat in my mind for a game I grew up playing with friends in the cafeteria lunch room.

All of which has my excitement dial set to 11. I think this is the first Kickstarter where I'm going to pledge way too much money in order to get all the cool extras. And the first where I will absolutely not be okay if they fail to deliver. So... I guess I'm about to get on a pretty emotional train for the next couple of years. I hope some of you will join me

~Aldin, hopefully

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 24th, 2015, 11:13 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty tempted by Gloomhaven too. It looks to be more like what I had hoped PACG would be. I thought PACG was pretty disappointing due to the passable gameplay, but utter lack of a story (plus, no minis!?!). Gloomhaven looks to have both of those elements (as well as minis/standups).
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
With the exception of Reaper minis (my first Kickstarter), I've been careful to only back things where I'd potentially be willing to have given my money to them because I believed in what they were doing and was willing to lose everything without too much in the way of hard feelings. I've been pretty fortunate for the most part, but I wanted to mention it because I'm way too excited about a Kickstarter coming up next week, Battletech.

It's been twenty years since a turn-based Battletech video game. I played the heck out of Crescent Hawk's Inception and have been waiting for its 'sequel' ever since. Battletech has gone through licensing hell since then, but it looks like someone over there has finally figured a few things out. Harebrained Schemes is doing the Kickstarter. If you're unfamiliar with them, they're the ones who successfully Kickstarted and brought Shadowrun to market. I didn't back Shadowrun, but I bought it and played it and loved it. Harebrained Schemes did right by Shadowrun on my modern computer - an amazing feat in my mind for a game I grew up playing with friends in the cafeteria lunch room.

All of which has my excitement dial set to 11. I think this is the first Kickstarter where I'm going to pledge way too much money in order to get all the cool extras. And the first where I will absolutely not be okay if they fail to deliver. So... I guess I'm about to get on a pretty emotional train for the next couple of years. I hope some of you will join me

~Aldin, hopefully
Did you play that on the C64? Did you ever survive the first confrontation with your training Mech(Chameleon) intact?
Did you ever complete the game? For me it was years later as I never noticed the one little spot in the world that allowed access to the final level. The end game screen is great.

There was a sequel, Crescent Hawks' Revenge for IBM compatible PCs(MS-DOS).

This new one is a video game and not a board game?
Battletech was the first miniature game I got into and was directly responsible for me buying Heroscape(I just bought it to make Battletech maps).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games