Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Stay with Auggies 7 20.00%
Get those Snipers 28 80.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
A moral dilemma...

Ok, so today's lawn-mowing day, and after I get paid I figure that it's been long enough sience I last bought some stuff from auggies (~1 week) that I'll get some more. However, when searching about on the internet, I discovered that the 2 squads of Deathreavers that I wanted to buy are cheaper on miniature market than Auggies. This leads me to an intresting choice, should I stick with Auggies, which I've been buying from for about 14 months, about the same time I got serious about playing this game, or should I get the reavers from the other store and tack on that extra squad of snipers I've been meaning to get for a while? I don't want to abandon my most trusted online store, but on the other hand more scape is good... any thoughts?
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: A moral dilemma...

I don't see the problem, just get the cheaper stuff. Then maybe Auggies will consider lowering the price on his.
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Always go for the best deal possible. Go to the new place.
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The question you have to ask is, how much cheaper and is the amount of money you are going to save worth the gamble of poorer service/product etc?

However, I am also in the opinion that if you shop around for the best deal, you are keeping all the stores in question honest.

Personally, there would have to be a substantial savings for me go somewhere else that I am not accustomed to going to.

Hoped that helped.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I've purchased from both and have never had an issue. Just make sure you factor in the shipping to the total cost. Auggie's is a flat $3.50 while MM charges by weight. If the 2 squads are all you are buying, you might get by with less than $3.00 shipping.

They are both good to deal with, both site supporters, go with what's nicer to your wallet.

Next stuff you want, Auggie's might be cheaper.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Shopping around and finding the best price on a product introduces a moral dilema? If you had promised to buy something from him before hand, maybe, but not just because it has been a good source.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Always go for the best deal possible...
...where you factor in past service, loyalty, community support and any other valued traits, not just price, into what constitutes the best deal.

I'm not saying you shouldn't switch, just that there's more than the sticker price to take into account when purchasing.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

OK, Just to be clear:
The prices are 4.00 at Miniature Market
and 5.99 at Auggies

Both stores are trusted, and I will undoubtable get my reavers either way

However, Auggies has been helping me ever sience my first order of 10th reg, and I feel some loyalty towards them.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've gone through Miniatures Market (though not for singles) and Auggies, and I haven't had any problems with price, service, prompt delivery from either; both are quality sites to go through. That said, definitely go for the better deal!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart

I have gotten great deals on singles from miniture market.

Ecthelion
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Check the shipping for both. That's where they can catch you.

Auggies shipping is always $3.50, and comes within 2-3 days.

Mini. Market's shipping varies with what you bought, and takes an extra day or two.

I've prefered Auggies from the start.

MegaSilver
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Maybe ask Auggie's if they'll match the price to get your buisness?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion