Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:59 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ShooterScape/GameScape Brainstorming Thread

Yes, it is the most true to the games... But I can't really see that fitting in with the classic 'Scape, I guess I could convert to it if the majority wants certain figures to always start with certain weapons...

Probably my only other argument against it is that characters from Assassins' Creed won't probably have any good weapons compared to Halo or Gears of War.

Just the other side of the couple of pennies though I suppose.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer starting with weapons as well. Some with a specific weapon ("Spartan with Assault Rifle" would probably start with an Assault Rifle) while Master Chief would get his choice. Works well enough with C3G so I think it can translate well here.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Yes, it is the most true to the games... But I can't really see that fitting in with the classic 'Scape, I guess I could convert to it if the majority wants certain figures to always start with certain weapons...

Probably my only other argument against it is that characters from Assassins' Creed won't probably have any good weapons compared to Halo or Gears of War.

Just the other side of the couple of pennies though I suppose.
They could easilly have Phantom Walk and Stealth Dodge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd prefer starting with weapons as well. Some with a specific weapon ("Spartan with Assault Rifle" would probably start with an Assault Rifle) while Master Chief would get his choice. Works well enough with C3G so I think it can translate well here.
I agree with this assessment. Though I see no reason it couldn't work in Classic either personally, except that with Classic, we'd be adding a new Glyph type and a new set of rules.
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:04 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've always felt that a lot of the Halo characters should start with weapons.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It seems to me like a lot of the minor characters (jackals, for instance) shouldn't be able to carry weapon glyphs, but just have their weapons as a power on their cards.

Weapon glyphs should be saved for main characters (like John 117) and maybe major opponents (like the Arbiter and/or other Spartans and Elites).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:06 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All right, I can accept that I'm a minority. I do see the appeal in starting with the weapons I suppose... I can just see it making it slightly more complicated but that'll be fine.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

I feel that characters like the Jackal and Grunt should be limited to the weapons they can have in the games. So the generic Jackal with the shield should be pistols only, where as the Grunt should be pistols, grenades and possibly rocket launchers? (they use Fuel Rod Cannons and one of their Heroclix figures has one). Characters like Master Chief, Arbiter, Marcus Fenix etc shouldn't be limited.
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:26 AM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
I feel that characters like the Jackal and Grunt should be limited to the weapons they can have in the games. So the generic Jackal with the shield should be pistols only, where as the Grunt should be pistols, grenades and possibly rocket launchers? (they use Fuel Rod Cannons and one of their Heroclix figures has one). Characters like Master Chief, Arbiter, Marcus Fenix etc shouldn't be limited.
Are you thinking limiting what they could choose at the start of the game (which I could agree with), or are you thinking of limiting what they could use at any point in the game?

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Are you thinking limiting what they could choose at the start of the game (which I could agree with), or are you thinking of limiting what they could use at any point in the game?
Both really. Grunts (from what I remember) have never used assault rifles and sniper rifles, so limiting Grunts to just pistols and rocket launchers at the start of the game and for picking up weapons later on would be more accurate for their portrayal. The same with the shield Jackals with them only using pistols. It would also create some differences between characters that look or feel similar, like Master Chief and Spartans, and Arbiter and Elites.
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:51 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Just make the weapons as powers on their cards. Too many characters carrying weapon glyphs is going to increase the game's complexity.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just make the weapons as powers on their cards. Too many characters carrying weapon glyphs is going to increase the game's complexity.
I agree with this.
Old January 26th, 2014, 03:44 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It seems to me like a lot of the minor characters (jackals, for instance) shouldn't be able to carry weapon glyphs, but just have their weapons as a power on their cards.

Weapon glyphs should be saved for main characters (like John 117) and maybe major opponents (like the Arbiter and/or other Spartans and Elites).
I actually, for once, like a compromise.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards