Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What's Your Favorite TV Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I started watching the Season One DVDs of one of my old favorites from 1978--WKRP IN CINCINNATI. This was a superior ensemble comedy from Mary Tyler Moore Studios, that only ran 2 1/2 seasons because the network didn't realize what they had (sound familiar, Star Trek fans)? There are commentaries by the writer/director and some of the actors (Loni Anderson/"Jennifer" and Frank Bonner/ "Herb."). Its still funny!
I have also been watching WKRP on Sundays. I believe it is RTV that airs like 6-8 episodes in a row every Sunday. So good, hard to believe it was cut short. I am pretty sure they tried a remake at one point with video vixen Tawny Kitaine(spelling?).
The call signs of the other stations are hilarious, WTNA & WPIG.
Also I remember as a kid being infatuated with Loni but now I find Bailey(Jan Smithers?) more attractive.

Another weird thing is in the opening credits it only shows the programing manager and the boss/owner(Gordon Jump). The other actors do not get credit until the end of the episode.

@Agent Minivan: Love me some Beast Wars. DinoBot Rules!
I got my nephew the series on DVD and he watches all the time, my sister must hate me.
I agree it is cheesy sometimes but the writing is actually extremely good. The characters are developed and so many have their own agendas that it makes for interesting sub-plots. When they eventually tie it in to the original series it is the icing on the cake.
The Fire-Ant Predacon is also awesome "For the royalty".

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My favorite show overall would have to be Stargate Atlantis. I enjoy all of the Stargate series, but the conflict with the Wraiths is my favorite storyline with the whole of stargate.

Other shows I highly enjoy include The Big Bang Theory (hilarious!), Psych, Merlin, and NCIS.
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
My favorite show overall would have to be Stargate Atlantis. I enjoy all of the Stargate series, but the conflict with the Wraiths is my favorite storyline with the whole of stargate.
I could go along with any Stargate series. I enjoyed watching them from start to finish. Probably helped that I liked MacGyver as a kid.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
I could go along with any Stargate series. I enjoyed watching them from start to finish. Probably helped that I liked MacGyver as a kid.
I've also watched Macgyver, though not until after I had already watched all of Stargate. A friend (who introduced me to both shows) watched Stargate because of MacGyver, I watched MacGyver because of Stargate.
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Code lyoko is my personal favorite. Um off subject is there a favorite movie quote thread? I thought I saw one at some time but I can't find it.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old November 18th, 2012, 11:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Dexter right now! Don't watch a lot of TV shows, but I've watched Dexter the last few years on and off, and it's always been awesome.
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:05 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At this point I don't watch a ton of TV outside of sports, but I try to watch a few episodes of Seinfeld, Family Guy and The Office every week. And I try not to miss the new Tosh.0 every week.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun

Last edited by Darth Vader; November 18th, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: tyop
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edit:

All Time
MASH
Highlander
Muppet Show
Carol Burnet Show
The Old Grenada Sherlock Holmes Series with Jeremy Brett
NFL Football (Washington Redskins fan)

Current
Face Off
Elementery
Arrow
Beauty & The Beast
Copper

Last edited by JC McMinis; January 22nd, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After seeing the first two episodes of the new Continuum on Syfy, I was not impressed. What did others think?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

I love Barney Miller, just good fun with Jack Soo (Sgt. Yemana), Hal Linden (Barney Miller), Max Gail (Wojo), Steve Landsberg (Dietrich), Ron Glass (Harris). Awesome show, I love it.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV