Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 5th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Pshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
The thing with kyrie is they last longer so even with fewer attacks, they tend to hold their position better.
And with flying they also often have height (whether adjacent or not). Sentinels at 4/5 and Minions at 3/7 isn't easy to deal with.

I actually think Protectors are a little underrated/underplayed, but they're very different from Sentinels/Minions, so it's really like a whole other topic. I don't think I'd push them up from B, but I think they're an interesting unit that's pretty good and you never see them played.

Aaaand Imperium are Imperium
Old April 5th, 2018, 09:55 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
The thing with kyrie is they last longer so even with fewer attacks, they tend to hold their position better.
And with flying they also often have height (whether adjacent or not). Sentinels at 4/5 and Minions at 3/7 isn't easy to deal with.

I actually think Protectors are a little underrated/underplayed, but they're very different from Sentinels/Minions, so it's really like a whole other topic. I don't think I'd push them up from B, but I think they're an interesting unit that's pretty good and you never see them played.

Imperium check all the boxes for tournement play lol.

-High Cost per figure
-Low Defense
-Lack of Defensive Powers

But theyre definately fun to play when they work.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 5th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

-High Cost per figure
-Low Defense

I've brought this up before - at 110pt. you can make some really interesting armies with them.

But at 140pt. they're too hard to fit. Even x1, which I've considered at times.
Old April 5th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-High Cost per figure
-Low Defense

I've brought this up before - at 110pt. you can make some really interesting armies with them.

Yeah, I actually think the Imperium wouldn't be too bad even if they were the standard 110 for Kyrie squads - fragile, but double attack on a stealth flying squad is still pretty nice. Of course, I've actually printed out the CUC card for them, which drops their price to 110 and gives them Evasive 2, which should make them pretty damn good.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2018, 08:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-High Cost per figure
-Low Defense

Yeah, I actually think the Imperium wouldn't be too bad even if they were the standard 110 for Kyrie squads - fragile, but double attack on a stealth flying squad is still pretty nice. Of course, I've actually printed out the CUC card for them, which drops their price to 110 and gives them Evasive 2, which should make them pretty damn good.
I took the CUC version of them to a tournament before, and I can confirm that they're quite good. It's a shame that the original card came out at 140 points, as even without the Evasive 2, I could see the Einar Imperium being used at least somewhat. As it stands now, even just taking 2 squads for a total of 280 points is a tough pill to swallow.
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:04 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-High Cost per figure
-Low Defense

I took the CUC version of them to a tournament before, and I can confirm that they're quite good. It's a shame that the original card came out at 140 points, as even without the Evasive 2, I could see the Einar Imperium being used at least somewhat. As it stands now, even just taking 2 squads for a total of 280 points is a tough pill to swallow.
The Imperium are easily the most over priced squad in the game, IMO. shouldn't be more than 110 pts tops.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 8th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

I'm almost certain the Einar Imperium were playtested at the standard kyrie 110 points and were heavily nerfed after coming out too strong. Maybe even nerfed defense as well as points. Double attack is really really good on a common squad. I feel the same way about Sir Dupuis who was definitely playtested as a Knight bonding hero and heavily nerfed, in losing Champion status and probably raised in cost too. The stats just don't really make sense with Heroscape precedent
Old May 8th, 2018, 09:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm inclined to agree, but rushed nerfs are usually my best guess to explain most underpowered units (such as Hatamoto Taro). For whatever reason, the Einar Imperium are woefully overpriced, and I can't help but wish that they had released at the same point value as all of the other Kyrie squads.

Sir Dupuis was always another figure that I never got much value out of, but I haven't actually used him since I purchased some Knights of Weston. I'll have to test him out sometime to get a better idea of how he functions when he actually has his intended units with him (although I don't expect it'll be too great).
Old May 9th, 2018, 04:50 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Dupuis has some more army options with the Phantom Knights, too.
Old September 16th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I understand that this could take a substantial amount of time, but I feel like a lot of the short summaries are too short. a few examples are:

Black Wyrmlings- "Cute as Krav or PK tech."

Eltahale- "She's pretty neat and has a cool attack."

Emirroon- "Well, he's more reliable than Saylind."

Granite Guardians- "They're just like Minions... only not."

Grok Riders- "I don't Grok the Groks."

Rhogar Dragonspine- "He's a dude."

Shurrak- "Bowl for Romans!"

There are more like this, but I feel like you get the point. Not to mention, there are a few that just refer you to other units, but I don't think that's super helpful, especially for newcomers to the game. While I get that these descriptions aren't all too serious, what would someone who doesn't understand the meta gain from (say Grimnak's description, which is literally just "CHOMP.") reading them?

I know there are pages for each unit, but I think it would be really cool for a more comprehensive, definitive list of descriptions for each unit. I really don't have a problem with the tier list, I just wish there were better justifications for why the tier list is as it is. Also, since the original post hasn't been updated since 2012, I'm sure there have been shifts in the meta since, so an update would be incredible.

Thank you for letting me ramble

(P.S. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but PDF attached to the original post is heeeaavily outdated. Like, only waves 1-7 are on that PDF)
Old September 16th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
I understand that this could take a substantial amount of time, but I feel like a lot of the short summaries are too short. a few examples are:

Black Wyrmlings- "Cute as Krav or PK tech."

Eltahale- "She's pretty neat and has a cool attack."

Emirroon- "Well, he's more reliable than Saylind."

Granite Guardians- "They're just like Minions... only not."

Grok Riders- "I don't Grok the Groks."

Rhogar Dragonspine- "He's a dude."

Shurrak- "Bowl for Romans!"

There are more like this, but I feel like you get the point. Not to mention, there are a few that just refer you to other units, but I don't think that's super helpful, especially for newcomers to the game. While I get that these descriptions aren't all too serious, what would someone who doesn't understand the meta gain from (say Grimnak's description, which is literally just "CHOMP.") reading them?

I know there are pages for each unit, but I think it would be really cool for a more comprehensive, definitive list of descriptions for each unit. I really don't have a problem with the tier list, I just wish there were better justifications for why the tier list is as it is. Also, since the original post hasn't been updated since 2012, I'm sure there have been shifts in the meta since, so an update would be incredible.

Thank you for letting me ramble

(P.S. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but PDF attached to the original post is heeeaavily outdated. Like, only waves 1-7 are on that PDF)
Yeah, these rankings are outdated. Check out my rankings in my sig, as well as future articles I'm working on. I'll be adding descriptions for all the figures as well.
Old September 16th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

To be fair, Grimnak's 'CHOMP' and Rhogar's 'He's a dude' are classics.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion