Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:19 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
P_K - I have been out of the custom business for way too long can even think of simple solutions. Thank you.

guido - Undead Queen Bonding would be ok, but I'm really looking for something new in wave nine. I know bonding is great, but there's gotta be a newer, clever way to help out a bad hero. That's why I like your other ability so much.
That's why I used the word also. If they had Undead queen bonding, and also had the 'Make Sudema Suck Less' ability, Sudema might actually leave the bench. It also makes this mummy squad capable of increasing the Def. of Cyprien, Sonya, Iskara and Marcu. That way, if you march them into battle with Sudema, but she dies before any of them do, you can place them on one of the other Undead Heroes in your army. Can you imagine if Marcu had 4 defense, or if Iskara had six?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Quote:
P_K - I have been out of the custom business for way too long can even think of simple solutions. Thank you.

guido - Undead Queen Bonding would be ok, but I'm really looking for something new in wave nine. I know bonding is great, but there's gotta be a newer, clever way to help out a bad hero. That's why I like your other ability so much.
That's why I used the word also. If they had Undead queen bonding, and also had the 'Make Sudema Suck Less' ability, Sudema might actually leave the bench. It also makes this mummy squad capable of increasing the Def. of Cyprien, Sonya, Iskara and Marcu. That way, if you march them into battle with Sudema, but she dies before any of them do, you can place them on one of the other Undead Heroes in your army. Can you imagine if Marcu had 4 defense, or if Iskara had six?
I know you meant also. I just feel like the designers found out Khosumet was bad so they made a unit with bonding to him. They realized the G-nators weren't preforming to their potential and the gave the Nakitas movement bonding. I know bonding is great just getting tired of it as the only way to boost a less used unit.

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Utter chaos and mass mayhem. Cyprien with 7 defense? No thank you, I'd rather not. Even on his side, it'd feel like cheating. I'd rather have a cheaper squad that works only with Sudema.
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:10 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Utter chaos and mass mayhem. Cyprien with 7 defense? No thank you, I'd rather not. Even on his side, it'd feel like cheating. I'd rather have a cheaper squad that works only with Sudema.
Perhaps if it were worded to not work on Cyprien. Works on any unique undead card worth 140 points or less... but we're thinking way too deeply about a fictional ability. Heck, while we're at it, we might as well give it a legitimate name, 'Undead Allegiance'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Perhaps if it were worded to not work on Cyprien. Works on any unique undead card worth 140 points or less... but we're thinking way too deeply about a fictional ability. Heck, while we're at it, we might as well give it a legitimate name, 'Undead Allegiance'.
I want that as a title so much it's not funny.

Maybe to go with the 'allegiance' theme, it'd come with a collary: if you use it on a non-Vydar hero, there's a chance it will phail and not work.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
I want that as a title so much it's not funny.

Maybe to go with the 'allegiance' theme, it'd come with a collary: if you use it on a non-Vydar hero, there's a chance it will phail and not work.
Or, to keep things simple, just say that it only works with heroes who follow Vydar...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Undead heroes who follow Vydar? Or just Vydar heroes?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I think Sudema is a fun character to run and I would love to see anything that helps buff her a bit.

One thought I've had is to give her a squad of fairly weak units (like skeletons or Egyptian vassals) who are "linked" to her mystically (or whatever--call it "Blood Pact" or something). Whenever one of these dies, for any reason, she is healed a wound (if she is wounded). It would create, I think, a very interesting dynamic mechanism and could force your enemy to make some tough choices at times.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the ideas in this thread. Here's to a rebirth of Sudema (or however I should say that...).
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Or if Sudema would receive one or more wounds you may instead destroy a Tomb Keeper within 4 clear sight spaces of Sudema.

DWARVES!
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I like that--very simple and effective.

I just also like the kind of dynamic added to play when her regeneration is in part in the hands of the enemy (like a Finn or Thorgrim character, but of smaller impact, like a nagrub-spirit ).
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:39 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also think that a ranged unit for the wolves would be awesome!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I also think that a ranged unit for the wolves would be awesome!
I got some of those in wave 8.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion