Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 12th, 2014, 11:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Yes.
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
@elvenwizard9 Was it a playtesting marathon?

--
@faure , @elvenwizard9 , @White Knight , @infectedsloth , @Son of Arathorn

Nothing is moving here, guys. Do we want to go back to our previous version of Gandalf and pass him at 155 or something? Is anyone going to step forward and do more playtesting? That is not an accusation: I am aware that I have not done any playtesting in a long time as well.
1) I still prefer my beefed up version of Gandalf, but I'm OK to pass our previous version of Gandalf at 155. With so many playtests already, I doubt we're going to get people excited about doing even more. Lets just pass him at 155 and move on.
I propose we move the following version of Gandalf forward:
Quote:
NAME = GANDALF
GENERAL = JANDAR
SPECIES = MAIA
PLANET = ARDA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

STATS, MASTER/BASIC
LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 155

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All opponents' figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. At the end of your turn, after using Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

LEADERSHIP
After taking a turn with Gandalf, you may move up to 3 small or medium Unique Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. Any figures moved by Leadership must end their movement adjacent to Gandalf. Figures moved by Leadership do not take leaving engagement attacks.
@faure , @elvenwizard9 , @White Knight : , @infectedsloth , @Son of Arathorn : , capsocrates :

Let's see some votes!
I believe it is now safe to say that this proposal passes.

--

There are a few votes still waiting on you guys in some of the other threads.

--

Noted, faure. Sorry to see you go. Hopefully you will be able to come back to us before too long.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 29th, 2015, 09:34 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

@TREX here is a summary of the current status of HoME designs:

Gandalf is in Playtesting.
Spoiler Alert!

Merry and Pippin are in Playtesting. I think @infectedsloth has abandoned them, so they are ready for adoption. I imagine that if no current members wanted them, an active playtester could probably snatch them up.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

The One Ring is also in Design, but it may also be ready for playtesting.
Spoiler Alert!

And finally, Aragorn just left Brainstorming to make his way to Design.
Spoiler Alert!

I know @Son of Arathorn is still around. @White Knight , would you like to devote time to this project again? @Joseph Sweeney ?

--
--
--

--
Old November 29th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I wish I had time to devote to this project.

Hopefully caps, TREX and whoever's willing to climb aboard can breathe new life into it.

Peace.
Old November 29th, 2015, 10:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just started another part time job on top of my full time job, so I'm not so sure on how much time can be devoted here. I will try to give some up for this though. I'm excited to see some action here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 29th, 2015, 11:15 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Provided someone gets the project rolling again, I would be willing to commit to play testing, but I don't see myself with enough spare time to dedicate anymore to the project currently.

~JS
Old December 2nd, 2015, 10:36 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure whether or not it would be prudent for me to push on as a one-man project.

--
--
--

--
Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure whether or not it would be prudent for me to push on as a one-man project.
Sorry Caps. I'd love to help, but I'm barely pulling my weight with HoSS right now, and my home to-do list keeps getting longer. My sons don't play Heroscape anymore, so I've lost some motivation as well.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I think a good start would be to link these designs in a list in the OP under their name followed by design/brainstorming/playtesting phase. That way we can find them quicker to reference the lastest update. Even with a lack of time, I really would love to see these continue. Are you guys using playtest documents similar to hoss and c3v, that would also help. On a side note. Would you guys be interested in making them their own generals. Such as "Alliance", and "Sauron" would be kind of cool. The alliance cards could have a pewter lining with a white tree emblem,and or leaf, and the forces of sauron could have a sauron eye up where the traditional ones are.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 3rd, 2015, 06:08 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think a good start would be to link these designs in a list in the OP under their name followed by design/brainstorming/playtesting phase. That way we can find them quicker to reference the lastest update. Even with a lack of time, I really would love to see these continue. Are you guys using playtest documents similar to hoss and c3v, that would also help. On a side note. Would you guys be interested in making them their own generals. Such as "Alliance", and "Sauron" would be kind of cool. The alliance cards could have a pewter lining with a white tree emblem,and or leaf, and the forces of sauron could have a sauron eye up where the traditional ones are.
We thought about adding different generals, but we finally decided to use the Heroscape generals and stay 100% compatible. Somewhere in the discussions are lists of many of Tolkien's figures along with suggested generals.

The playtesting stalled on Gandalf after over 50 playtests because we couldn't decide if he was over or under powered (or even fun to play). We finally had to compromise on the version Caps posted above. You can look at the playtests in the playtesting thread to see what format we used.

Merry and Pippin were playtested a little. There are two slightly different designs for them--the one Caps posted, and one I tested with a slightly better form of Loyalty. We didn't playtest enough to come to a consensus on them.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 08:04 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I could get on board with this. I always had an interest in HoME but never got the time to invest in it.

What do you guys need exactly?
Old December 6th, 2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry Caps. I'd love to help, but I'm barely pulling my weight with HoSS right now, and my home to-do list keeps getting longer. My sons don't play Heroscape anymore, so I've lost some motivation as well.
I completely understand. The way I interact with the game has changed a lot over the last year.

Quote:
I think a good start would be to link these designs in a list in the OP under their name followed by design/brainstorming/playtesting phase.
That's a good idea. Perhaps @Son of Arathorn could flag down a mod with the power to give me control of the various OPs.

Quote:
Are you guys using playtest documents similar to hoss and c3v, that would also help.
I think for this project to work we will need to adopt a different playtest model than C3V, HoSS, etc. C3V is seriously revamping their system right now, and I know C3G is making some major changes also. I'll be thinking about how to implement something similar, but scaled for fewer participants. I'm not sure the playtest document is a serious inhibition to playtesting, but it's something that I know C3V has talked about reducing to make playtesting less onerous.

Quote:
Quote:
We thought about adding different generals, but we finally decided to use the Heroscape generals and stay 100% compatible. Somewhere in the discussions are lists of many of Tolkien's figures along with suggested generals.

The playtesting stalled on Gandalf after over 50 playtests because we couldn't decide if he was over or under powered (or even fun to play). We finally had to compromise on the version Caps posted above. You can look at the playtests in the playtesting thread to see what format we used.

Merry and Pippin were playtested a little. There are two slightly different designs for them--the one Caps posted, and one I tested with a slightly better form of Loyalty. We didn't playtest enough to come to a consensus on them.
White Knight has it about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I could get on board with this. I always had an interest in HoME but never got the time to invest in it.

What do you guys need exactly?
What we need is "warm bodies." Without a person (or a group of people, collectively) that can kick butt in the playtesting department this project will make no headway.

Ideally we'd have about three people (maybe just two) involved in each stage of the process. 2-3 people is probably enough. Whether those people are all the same or different in each department, etc...

If you and I devote enough time to it, we could produce some quality stuff.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs