Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 9th, 2016, 09:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Red Ghost & his Super-Apes

A buddy of mine picked up a bunch of Heroclix to fill out the Shermanverse, so I've been working on some new cards. The first ones I've finished are a favorite of his, Red Ghost and his Super-Apes:

Red Ghost and his Super-Apes are historically Fantastic Four villains, but I mostly remember them from a couple of Spider-Man comics I read the heck out of when I was a kid:

Old October 10th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Red Ghost & his Super-A

Such cool content, Sherman. This week I'll print and play your Magik, Night Thrasher, Beetle and Scorpion customs. Red Ghost and those apes will be next once the figures can be found. I remember both those comic covers from my childhood. The cover to 223 is...amazing.
Thanks for your creative efforts.
Old October 10th, 2016, 08:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice cards! And hey, there's Taeblewalker's TV show on the comic cover.
Old October 10th, 2016, 09:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Wonder Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I'm going to have to take pics one of these days.
Still waiting, Matt...

Yesterday, I played my first game using the Quinjet with @chas and @WarBanner on a map I designed to accommodate the new toy:

Without a photo showing the Quinjet on the map...it doesn't exist.

Seriously though...I'd love to see a photo of that in play. Sounds awesome.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 10th, 2016, 11:05 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Such cool content, Sherman. This week I'll print and play your Magik, Night Thrasher, Beetle and Scorpion customs. Red Ghost and those apes will be next once the figures can be found. I remember both those comic covers from my childhood. The cover to 223 is...amazing.
Thanks for your creative efforts.
Don't mention it, I hope you have a good time with the customs!

As for the covers - yeah, they're great. By John Romita Jr. and Ron Frenz, two of the best Spidey artists of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Without a photo showing the Quinjet on the map...it doesn't exist.

Seriously though...I'd love to see a photo of that in play. Sounds awesome.
I'll probably be running that scenario for the Gang of Four in November, so I'll try and remember to take some photos for you.
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:24 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Ninja Turtles

Some more cards for minis my buddy got me, the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures Heroclix recently put out:

I resisted the temptation to get these minis when they first came out because the Shredder mini was too expensive and it would've felt strange to me to have the Turtles without their villain, but apparently Heroclix put out a new and more affordable mini for the Shredder, or so my friend told me. Now that I've seen them in person, I'm glad he got them to add to the Shermanverse - the minis are well sculpted and perfectly scaled for Heroscape, something I was skeptical about when Heroclix announced them. I decided to just post them in this thread because my friend only got seven figures, which didn't seem like enough customs to warrant its own thread.

Design-wise, it was fun translating the Turtles into Heroscape customs and giving them all different metagame niches to fill, while trying to stay true to their characters. Leonardo is the square-jawed field leader, so I made him the simplest and most straightforward of the bunch. For the hotheaded Raphael I decided to mix Laglor and Mittens together. I gave Michelangelo the autowounding role, imagining him running around giving wedgies to the Foot ninjas. Donatello supplies the team with a ranged attack option and also gives the Shermanverse a power negation option at a point cost in between C3V's Kira Jax and my Mister Fantastic.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; November 2nd, 2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old November 1st, 2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice take Sherm.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:52 AM

Thanks, I'm still working on the rest of the TMNT minis and will post them when they're done.
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Turtle power! I like how you, like Garada, used the original red clad minis. I'm planning on doing the same myself as the minis are not only much more affordable, but much more serious than the multicolored versions (if TMNT could ever be considered serious).

By the way, I had the boys in one of your old haunts the other day. The wife took us to Max Brenners near Union Square and you know what is directly across the street, don't you?
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Turtle power! I like how you, like Garada, used the original red clad minis. I'm planning on doing the same myself as the minis are not only much more affordable, but much more serious than the multicolored versions (if TMNT could ever be considered serious).

By the way, I had the boys in one of your old haunts the other day. The wife took us to Max Brenners near Union Square and you know what is directly across the street, don't you?
How could I forget? I hope the boys got some cool new reading material. If you'd dropped my name, they might've slipped a couple of free Spidey comics in the bag.

As for the TMNT minis, my friend picked the red bandana ones because he's one of those fans who loved the original B&W comic and never really got into the cartoon versions, hence the lack of Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, etc... I'm cool with his decision because I probably would've done the same had I bought them for myself.
Old November 21st, 2016, 11:04 PM

The Gang of Four's game day fell through last week, so chas instead helped me with some playtest games using my new Ninja Turtles cards. The games were especially helpful in nailing down a card for Splinter.

I've also made revisions to my Spider-Man and Venom cards, removing the turn interruption element from their old Spider-Sense powers. The turn interruption was always a minor compromise that nagged at me, but way back when I first designed them it was the best way I could think of to make them competitive against squads and play more like they're depicted in the comics. Scytale's recent article on Customs Creation convinced me to make the effort to revisit those old cards and come up with a solution that doesn't create any potential for rules loopholes.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:14 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

...and no, I didn't turtle!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations