Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 13th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League - October Game Day, Sat. 18

I'll be in Maryland at a Heroscape tournament.

Old October 13th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Oh yeah!
Old October 14th, 2014, 09:47 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
ME TOO! I'm heading south this month (Savages in Merryland is actually 5 miles closer to me than Plainview, Nuyourk) ... to check out this gnu venue, Games And Stuff, in Glen's Bunny.

@Grishnakh - Aren't you due for another Road Trip so^on ; - )

@Taeblewalker - Yes, I am now PLANNING on being there in GB,MD for NHSD and will PM you my cell phone # to coordinate travel arrangements.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Best card game I every played!"
--Kolakoski on QMG

As I mentioned on our private net, I'll be bringing Quartermaster General, which is a whole lot of fun, if I can get a commitment to play once (3-4 hours, possibly less with more people) with 5-6 players. We're still looking for four more. You can check out a video on boardgamegeek to find out about this brand new, simple, and very popular WWII strategy game, which is played for a team win.
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Aren't you due for another Road Trip so^on ; - )
I know! It's just that people keep having events on days I can't attend!
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
As I mentioned on our private net, I'll be bringing Quartermaster General, which is a whole lot of fun, if I can get a commitment to play once (3-4 hours, possibly less with more people) with 5-6 players. We're still looking for four more. You can check out a video on boardgamegeek to find out about this brand new, simple, and very popular WWII strategy game, which is played for a team win.
Grish Jr. and I are in!
Old October 15th, 2014, 06:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great; that's four! One more and we're on, two more and we're full. The other NYC boys aren't attending this month, so I figured this was a chance to give everyone else a shot at Quartermaster General, and also see if the full game is indeed shorter. This may be the only game that gets quicker the more people you have--because having to only play one country makes each player's game simpler and faster. Its yet another fun thing about this unique game.

PS--the designer is considering an expansion due to its popularity, not that it needs one, as well as treating other historical subjects with this new system!
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@chas ~
I for one am hoping to see a full After Action Report on this Quartermaster General. I've read good things about it on BGG. My only experience with WWII games is the old Axis & Allies, which seemed to get LOOOONGER with more players, since you had to wait for your turn to come around again. An especially tedious experience if you were the one who got stuck with playing the Russians .... I just realized that there's an oxymoron in that statement ( slow Rush-ians ) ~lol~ Anyway, I hope that all ya'all haves a FUN TIME.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Titleless

Re: Long Island Heroscape League - November Game Day, Sat. 1

November 2014 Game Day!!

Where:
Legendary Realms Games, Plainview, NY

When:
Saturday, November 15th.

Time:
11:00 - Pregame meetup for lunch at Panera Bread
(located a 1/2 mile West of the store).

12:00 - Set up and start playing.

6:00+ For those of us who can stay later we'll probably do pizza for dinner again this month.

This month our theme will be Open Game Day!

It's a bring what you want to play game day. This can be Heroscape but can also include board games, card games, etc.

I'll be bringing my renowned Advanced BattleMasters set up, along with a superhero game using my custom figures.

Grishnakh

Our normal, monthly club meeting is always the third Saturday of each month at Legendary Realms Games in Plainview, NY (unless there is a conflict with a holiday). If you'd like more information PM me.

I'll be updating this thread with more information as time goes along.

Old December 17th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Titleless

Re: Long Island Heroscape League - November Game Day, Sat. 1

December 2014 Game Day!!

Where:
Legendary Realms Games, Plainview, NY

When:
Saturday, December 20th.

Time:
11:00 - Pregame meetup for lunch at Panera Bread
(located a 1/2 mile West of the store).

12:00 - Set up and start playing.

6:00+ For those of us who can stay later we'll probably do pizza for dinner again this month.

This month it's our annual Holiday Superhero Bash!!!

We will be playing a multi-player superhero game with a Holiday theme! (For example last year I can remember the Hulk smashing someone with a giant plastic Santa display, Captain America facing down Red Skull in amongst the Christmas trees, and giant mechanical penguins blasting away with laser beam eyes.) We'll be using my (Grishnakh's) custom superheroes, along with my Interactive Terrain Rules, Tall Buildings, and Elevators. I'm also planning to test some brand new, unreleased figures at this event!

Plus the way our group plays is always good for a lot of laughs! So if anyone not on our monthly email list can attend please post here so we can plan ahead. And Happy Holidays! (The wearing of colorful, Holiday themed attire is strictly optional.)

Grishnakh

Our normal, monthly club meeting is always the third Saturday of each month at Legendary Realms Games in Plainview, NY (unless there is a conflict with a holiday). If you'd like more information PM me.

I'll be updating this thread with more information as time goes along.

Old December 17th, 2014, 02:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League - December Holiday Game Day

I'll be there, but I'll need to leave around 5 or 6 to make my family's Christmas party.

Also, @IshMEL recently joined chas, Taeblewalker and me for a game in Brooklyn, so he's obviously welcome to play with the Long Island crew as well.
Old December 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Long Island Heroscape League - December Holiday Game Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I'll be there, but I'll need to leave around 5 or 6 to make my family's Christmas party.

Also, @IshMEL recently joined chas, Taeblewalker and me for a game in Brooklyn, so he's obviously welcome to play with the Long Island crew as well.
Thanks for the shout-out -- but we can't make it this Saturday. Actually have a Scape game set up with some of my son's friends.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events