Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 07:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Savage Land T-Rex (Breather)

For class I'd be happy to see Devourer, Predator or Beast.
I quite like that version of Crushing Jaws, too - I just wonder if it'd be strong enough vs. squaddies and figures with a hefty defence?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

OK, I am going to take one last swing at my original vision.
A couple things to keep in mind. I changed it to Dinosaur Island to try and better represent the Silver Age and the simple de-powered version you see here. It also leaves the option of a more powerful Savage Land version which I see as a combination of ZJ's Savage Land Frenzy and Margloth's Crushing Jaws. I would be willing to LD that after the rest of the Dinos are complete.

These Dinos may look simple but that is intentional. They are to be pawns in the Dinosaur faction. The next Dino (Old One Eye) will be able to move them as a large pack and the one after (Golgotha), will bond with them. They need to be simple and low cost for this to all work out and ideally I would like to see them check in around 60 points.
I am curious to see if the public is at all interested in a no power card.
For you old timers, consider this my tribute to Matt Helm who once said something like:

"Any aspect of a design that could be represented by stats, should be."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

NAME = DINOSAUR ISLAND T-REX

SPECIES = DINOSAUR
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = DEVOURER
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8-10

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ?60?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m still in favor of one small power, especially if they’re intended to be drafted in larger packs. If 50% or more of the figures in my army don’t have special powers I’d worry that could lend to fairly bland gameplay, unless the other parts of the faction are offering something really exciting.

That being said, it’s clear you’ve put a lot of thought into how this faction should play, so if you feel this is the correct path to take that overrides my thoughts.

I trust in T-Spinny.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Powerless card, while novel, feels a bit antithetical to the game itself with all that space for powers. I would agree with the idea of one simple power, echoing MrNobody there. A bunch of powerless pieces feels, while "powerless card" sounds interesting, a chunk of an army that is just the stats itself feels like it'll be boring more often than not.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:53 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I won't fight zero powers if that's what you really want to do. The last pitch I'd make is a negative one, like:

DINO-HUNGER
After revealing an order marker on this card, if it is adjacent to any medium, large, or huge figure, it cannot move and must attack, if possible.

OM trigger might not be the best, but basically they aren't super cooperative in a standard army build, which could make them even better to run with One-Eye or Golgotha.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old April 22nd, 2019, 12:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Here's my defense of a powerless card here - who is this card for? Who is "generic dinosaur" going to appeal to? Dinosaur fans who want to build a dinosaur army. One power, that has negligible strategic relevance, doesn't diminish or undermine their appeal as generic pawns in a dino team-up.

However, the appeal for these guys is going to be minimal IN GENERAL outside of people that really want to go "T-Rex rawr smash smash" and eat Batman. If you're not into dinos, you're not going to be swayed by a "light touch" power on a generic unit.

But if you have a blank card... a card that's a completely blank slate... a card that says "look at my stats, I am going to go eat some fools..." now that's interesting. That's memorable.

A powerless card says more about a T-Rex than any power ever could.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I feel like we could slap a price on a powerless card after running it through the pricing estimator and call it a day without any testing. That doesn’t excite me from a design standpoint. There’s a reason we haven’t designed Basic sides for our army cards.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Disagree completely. A no power card says, "we wanted to check off a box that says no one has ever made a no power card before" so that is what we did. It is otherwise boring, bland, and serves no purpose. 10 and 15 point common heroes have a power that gives them some game play purpose beyond a generic stats pawn. Generic common squads have a power that gives them some kind of flavor and usefulness. If you want to make a 1 power card where that 1 power is a negative effect, at least that would be interesting. A big empty box next to the stats is just very unappealing to me. If I'm browsing the 800+ cards with interesting text box powers and I see a blank slate where the individual powers are expected to be, I would think the card was incomplete. I most certainly wouldn't spend money to print it out and track down the mini's. That is my 2 cents on the issue.

/change topic

As for wanting and needing a cheap 60 point dino for a huge dino army, I think you would be better off making them a different species than T-Rex. That is the most famous and fearsome dino, so people have preconceived notions about them and expect them to be a threat to more than just the 60 point Jubilee. There are tons of dino's of all different shapes and sizes to choose from that people don't know and care about though. Pick a smaller one that isn't the thought of as the king of dinos to fill that 60 point filler role in the dino army.

It would also make it easier to acquire the minis and tell them apart on the battlefield if not every dino is a T-rex. Find a multi-pack of dino toys people can purchase in multiples, then make a card for each one of them to create a big dino army with the single purchase UH 2000AD T-Rex figure as the leaders of the army.

I had a bucket of generic dino toys as a kid, the one with the spiked spine, the triceratops with his 3 spears, and the club tailed tank were always a couple of my favorites since they had natural weapons beyond teeth and claws. When Hasbro introduced the Dinobots they gave us 5 different kinds of robot dinos to build. C3G should follow the same path and give it's players a variety of dinos to choose from or field all at once.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There are four current T-Rex, one, Beast Boy is 60, Bob & Carol are 65, how can these generic T-Rex not be 60?
Old April 22nd, 2019, 02:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Why does every dino have to be a T-Rex?

Beast Boy is just one of his forms. Beast Boy himself has a price and his other forms all have a price. You hit him hard enough and he just changes forms. You can technically draft a single form by itself, but it's not really a very good value or reflective of what fighting an all day, every day bear or cheetah would be like. A normal grizzle bear should come in at over 20 points, the dolphin form is priced at 30, but does anyone really think a dolphin is more formidable than a grizzly bear? I know which one I'd rather encounter in the wild. Mutt's Junkyard is a trained military dog, he'll be more than 20 points but I'd only give him 50/50 odds of surviving a Grizzly Bear one on one. I wouldn't ever expect Junkyard to take down a T-Rex by himself.

As for B&C, I don't know what is going on in 2000AD. From the outside looking in, I just assumed they were some kind of genetic experiment, a smaller, weaker species of dino bread to serve some purpose, or something else that explained why Robin was expected to take one down 1 on 1 and Mocking Bird is expected to hold here own vs 2 at once. They were dinos with specific names, so I assumed they had some kind of backstory.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 02:54 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know the faction you are trying to create, but might I suggest Weak-Minded as a negative power. I could see dinos being used as powerful pawns in combat.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old April 22nd, 2019, 03:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I share some of the reasons others have stated but not as strongly. I wouldn't end the world over a no-power card, but I think the design would be stronger with a short and sweet power included, as some others have said as well. I like Margloth's and Fret's suggestions.

Cost-wise, I don't think they need to land anywhere specific so I am fine with tuning them to land where you want them to land in the faction, Tornado.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library