Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 30th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Zombies of Morindan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzashi View Post
For rulings and clarifications. If the Zombies use their zombie onslaught special attack on a figure with counterstrike and more defense than attack dice are rolled, do all Zombies of Morindan involved in the attack get killed?
No; counter strike only works against normal attacks. Welcome to the site!
Old December 13th, 2023, 08:22 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Having a ball with these guys. I was playing against Knights and was discouraged that I was at 3/12. Then they surged to 6/12 and broke the line!!!!

Sadly, though, they couldn't convert the breakthrough into a win. Knights mowed them down faster than they could spawn and 2 attack doesn't cut it!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 13th, 2023, 08:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That has always been their weakness. You really need some luck to beat a top army like the Knights.
Old December 13th, 2023, 12:29 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That has always been their weakness. You really need some luck to beat a top army like the Knights.
that is why I like to run them with the VC figure Ataraxis. Lowers the knight defense by 1. Makes for a very fun army to run.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wasn't that a Freaks Reference?

The Zombies are one of my Favorite squads, and I can't wait to play out this army
6xZombies-360
3x Wolves of Badru- 240

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:00 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the most fun I've ever had with these guys was in an undead army against a marro army about twice its size. Once I took care of TKN, the zombies would munch some marro, then the hive would rebirth marro. It was just a lot of dead figures coming back on the board.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:08 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

I've been thinking about grabbing a 3rd pack of zombies while I still can. If you usually play 500 points then what is a good amount of zombies to attempt to draft, or even build in advance for so many points? I could put all 4 in for only 240, and 8 for 480 (if I had that many). I suppose then you could just plop Marcu Esenwein in but I feel like you'd need a failsafe in case the zombies are expertly countered. I like the DW8K strategy, though I've never used him before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I think the most fun I've ever had with these guys was in an undead army against a marro army about twice its size. Once I took care of TKN, the zombies would munch some marro, then the hive would rebirth marro. It was just a lot of dead figures coming back on the board.
Sounds like fun. How many points each? I've only got 2 packs worth of zombies, 1 set worth of Stingers & Drudge, and nadda for Drones so far, but I might have to look into reenacting that scenario. Would probably help to have Sudema as well...
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM

Who 'dat is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I've been thinking about grabbing a 3rd pack of zombies while I still can. If you usually play 500 points then what is a good amount of zombies to attempt to draft, or even build in advance for so many points? I could put all 4 in for only 240, and 8 for 480 (if I had that many). I suppose then you could just plop Marcu Esenwein in but I feel like you'd need a failsafe in case the zombies are expertly countered.
Shades also make an excellent addition to a Zombie army. Move Quickly across the board with stealth fly, tie-up and possibly take over your opponents army, and in the meantime the Zombie horde is a comin'.

The Shades 4 defense really makes them effective in this situation.

Thousands of comedians in this world without a job, and you're trying to be funny.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I only find myself using Zombie onslought when I'm attacking a hero who has most of his life left, or I only have a couple of Zombies left and need to bring one back NOW!

Other than that, I find myself using their regular two attack. It kills one or two squad members per turn. If you can get hieght or a glyph, then their attack is three or four.

On a diffrent subject, have ya'll noticed how the Move+2 glyph helps the Zombies? When they get the Move+2, they're demons!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I have to say I have rarely, if ever, had a situation where the zombies would have gone over their original number. It's always been a nifty way to ameliorate damage and grab glyphs until their sure demise. Leaving my enemies weak and defenseless.
What is a classic Zombie army you play? Say around 600 points?
I usually play 320 points = 4 squads. Then I throw in Cyprien, Sonya, and whomever else I feel like putting in for mopup. Though I have played 800 points of zombies, getting 9 squads.

Granite-M: We usually don't use starting zone restrictions. Often, we'll just slap a seven-hexer on the end of the starting zone if we don't have enough space. It's not how you play in tourneys, I know, but it's a lot more fun than having to worry about how many space you're using.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I usually play 320 points = 4 squads. Then I throw in Cyprien, Sonya, and whomever else I feel like putting in for mopup. Though I have played 800 points of zombies, getting 9 squads.
You're really short-changing yourself- Zombies x4 = 240 points.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
What is a classic Zombie army you play? Say around 600 points?
At that points level, I like to think of the Zombies as less mobile, more agressive rats. So, I could take Eirikr's GenCon army, and put the Zombies in place of the rats, seamlessly bringing me from 520 to 600 points:

180 Major Q9
100 Krav Maga Agents
80 Raelin (ROTV)
240 4x Zombies
600, 18 spaces

This army is highly adjustable for a wide range of point values, as long as they are multiples of 20. For 500/560, just take out the KMA (add a squad of zombies at 560). For 420/480/540, you take out either Q9 or Raelin+KMA, and add 1 or 2 squads of zombies to fill in.

In addition to being A/A+ figures in general, these three figures address weaknesses of the zombies fairly well. Quick-hitting, mobile ranged figures that can take easy pot shots at zombies really hate facing down KMA+Raelin. Q9, of course, is the answer to a lot of questions in Heroscape. And Raelin is just about the only figure that has any real synergy with Zombies. (Taelord helps non-onslaught attacks, and is an intriguing choice... but really, Q9 or Taelord?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units